Round 15 - Warriors vs Broncos - Pre-Match Discussion

need to shut down Johnson and hurrell. these two always carve us up.

His 25 and no point of being an understudy to macca, well I've got news his gonna be an understudy to Nathan Peats which is younger than macca. But all the best to him.

His 25 and no point of being an understudy to macca, well I've got news his gonna be an understudy to Nathan Peats which is younger than macca. But all the best to him.

What? He said he declined going to the Eels, he'll be joining the Cowboys in 2015, and starting.

So we basically saved him from joining the Eels. Hopefully he guns it at the Cowboys.

The ISC is way below the NRL in terms of standard and intensity.

Don't agree with this at all. If this was the case NRL players that get a stint in ISC should dominate, but this rarely occurs (ie Papali good enough for Origin but not that good in Qcup). Likewise, most guys that stand out in the Qcup play well when they get a chance in the NRL. The only thing that separates a lot of Qcup players from NRL players is opportunity.

As for Granville, he has played well in the limited opportunities he has been given. He can't do more than that. He has also been a standout in the ISC for a number of years, more so than some of the guys currently playing NRL. As such, comments that say he can't play for more than 10 mins in the NRL are based on no evidence whatsoever. Perhaps he can't, but from what I have seen I'm backing him to do well if given a go.

Don't agree with this at all. If this was the case NRL players that get a stint in ISC should dominate, but this rarely occurs (ie Papali good enough for Origin but not that good in Qcup). Likewise, most guys that stand out in the Qcup play well when they get a chance in the NRL. The only thing that separates a lot of Qcup players from NRL players is opportunity.

As for Granville, he has played well in the limited opportunities he has been given. He can't do more than that. He has also been a standout in the ISC for a number of years, more so than some of the guys currently playing NRL. As such, comments that say he can't play for more than 10 mins in the NRL are based on no evidence whatsoever. Perhaps he can't, but from what I have seen I'm backing him to do well if given a go.

After his first game in the NRL last year:
"It was a lot quicker than the Queensland Cup. I can play 80 minutes there but I was stuffed after 15 minutes - there's a big difference."
Granville gives Broncos spark

Don't agree with this at all. If this was the case NRL players that get a stint in ISC should dominate, but this rarely occurs (ie Papali good enough for Origin but not that good in Qcup). Likewise, most guys that stand out in the Qcup play well when they get a chance in the NRL.

Luke Capewell.

WARRIORS TEAM:
Sam Tomkins
David Fusitua
Konrad Hurrell
Ngani Laumape
Manu Vatuvei
Chad Townsend
Shaun Johnson
Jacob Lillyman
Nathan Friend
Sam Rapira
Jayson Bukuya
Simon Mannering ©
Sebastine Ikahihifo

Feleti Mateo
Suaia Matagi
Charlie Gubb
Ben Henry

Going to be a tough game. Its obvious that NZ will attack through Tomkins, Hurrell and Johnson.

Reed an d Glenn have played well the last two games. They will need to be on fire to stop Hurrell on our left side.

I dont see their forward pack as being dangerous. Obviously Mateo off the bench with his offloads needs to be shut down also.

We should be able to roll through them up the middle with Hannant and McGuire but you just never know what the Warriors will bring. Their forward pack isn't that great so if we can win that battle we are half way there.

Official Team -

1 Ben Barba
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Jack Reed
4 Dale Copley
5 Lachlan Maranta
6 Josh Hoffman
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Jake Granville
10 Ben Hannant
11 Alex Glenn (c)
12 Corey Oates
13 Todd Lowrie

14 Jarrod Wallace
15 David Stagg
16 Dave Hala
17 Francis Molo

I hope Gillett and Thaiday back up if they get through Wednesday night unscathed.

I hope Gillett and Thaiday back up if they get through Wednesday night unscathed.

Whilst it's an important game for us to win, I don't think I'd risk anyone that plays on Wednesday, we've got decent depth, and it's a great opportunity to give Oates / Wallace / Molo / Hala some valuable game time.

Will be interesting to see the difference in play with Granville in instead of McCullough.

Good to see Granville get the nod, up to him to grab his opportunity. Is that an admission Hunt isn't playing Wednesday night?

Without Parker in particular, and the Origin players either being rested, injured or backing up, I have grave doubts about this one. This is one game where missed tackles and not allowing offloads is of critical importance, as much as controlling the middle and not giving Johnson and Tomkins a single hint of a broken defensive line to exploit with their speed.

If our form continues to evolve and we let the ball do the work in an expansive game plan, with the above caveat, I can see a win.

If we revert to the old one out x 4 and then kick (down Tomkins throat), we will get well and truly flogged.

Who is marking up on Hurrell?

Active Now

• K-Style
  • theshed
  • Alec
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • eggstar10
  • IceWorks
  • OnToSomething
  • Wolfie
  • Gaz
  • broncsgoat
  • LockyersLeftBoot
  • Robboi_321
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.