[Round 16, 2021] Broncos vs Sharks

Status
Not open for further replies.
In case any of you weren't aware of the injuries from Sunday. This is why Piakura, Hunt, Kelly and Piakura are unavailable. Cobbo and Arthars are coming back from head knocks.

Lol typical 2021 Broncos.... but kinda good i reckon. Get rid of the weak ones ;)

In case any of you weren't aware of the injuries from Sunday. This is why Piakura, Hunt, Kelly and Piakura are unavailable. Cobbo and Arthars are coming back from head knocks.

Weren't they all injured prior anyway?

It's a weird bench isn't it? Maybe Flegler and Hetherington switch closer to game day if we think its needed?

And Arthars off the bench makes sense if it's to protect him and Staggs. If it's a tactical move, then Farnworth would make more sense versatility wise for me.

But it's going to be interesting to see what happens here to say the least.

it's a classic development move.

give them a taste of the top grade ... then send them back to work on a few things in the lower grades without all the pressure that comes with playing in the NRL
Nathan Brown "That's crap! Why not just throw them into first grade and let every team figure them out quickly and belt them into low confidence whilst building up the pressure on them to carry the team?!"

Arthurs on the bench may be Kev mind games for Staggs in the halves.

Cobbo hopefully developing his fullback game in Q cup.
Mind games coming last?

Other clubs just go about their business and don't even notice any changes we make.

So essentially if no backs get injured we’ll be playing with 16 players.

At this stage of the season, most teams are essentially playing with 16 players with the 17th player just being there to fill the last spot and get a few minutes of game time.

Bennett said once before, you can afford to carry a back on the bench because the forwards are match fit and can handle more minutes.

Storm carried both Smith and Hynes on the bench last season. It’s a pretty common thing for teams to do.

At this stage of the season, most teams are essentially playing with 16 players with the 17th player just being there to fill the last spot and get a few minutes of game time.

Bennett said once before, you can afford to carry a back on the bench because the forwards are match fit and can handle more minutes.

Storm carried both Smith and Hynes on the bench last season. It’s a pretty common thing for teams to do.
That's contingent on you having a Dummy Half who can get through 80 minutes every week comfortably, which is a luxury we don't have.

Smith can play as a 13 though.

I see this as a positive. One high-intensity session and a couple of them go down? That shows how poor our conditioning is. This is the time of year Bennett used to put the team through a second pre-season (technically, just after Origin but we're only supplying 1 or 2 players this year). The team will have heavy legs for the next month but should be physically peaking for our run home to the premiership. I mean, spoon avoidance.

I see this as a positive. One high-intensity session and a couple of them go down? That shows how poor our conditioning is. This is the time of year Bennett used to put the team through a second pre-season (technically, just after Origin but we're only supplying 1 or 2 players this year). The team will have heavy legs for the next month but should be physically peaking for our run home to the premiership. I mean, spoon avoidance.
I agree. I think it says more about how poor our conditioning program has been and why Croll got shown the door. We just haven't been fit enough to take on the modern game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • dirtyharry
  • Broncosgirl
  • mitch222
  • Bish
  • Mister Wright
  • broncos4life
  • sooticus
  • ostin86
  • Fitzy
  • Big Del
  • Strop
  • jd87
  • Battler
  • Midean
  • Rah88
  • Bucking Beads
  • Manofoneway
  • Mightybroncs2k17
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.