Round 16 - Broncos vs Sharks - Post Match Discussion

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
i'm sure tomorrow hoffman will be uploading some spastic selfie on instagram as though that pass didn't mean much because in his head he's the mother fucking heir to darren lockyer. if hoffman was on the wing and we had an actual 5/8th, we win in the last minute. **** i hate josh hoffman with a passion. he is the worst 5/8th in rugby league history period.

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
We will miss the 8, folks. May as well get used to it. I am actually hoping for it, at this point. This game will be the beginning of the end.

Waynesaurus

NRL Player
Springfield
The gravity of this loss can not be understated.

At home, against the bottom team who haven't scored a point in 3 games and we are 22 points up with 30 mins to go....... pathetic, embarrassing and under no circumstances acceptable.

The players are farkin kidding themselves is they put in 100% in that second half.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
It's sad to think too the times Hoffman has actually passed this season and that isn't many, have been shockers, seriously I shudder to think what Griffin's justification was to move Hoffman from the wing to 5/8th let alone keep him there for so long, he needs to go if Hoffman is there next week, no more.

Last edited:

Mister Wright

NRL Player
Man, that last 30 minutes was so hard to watch. I thought we had the game all wrapped up and I guess the players did too. I feel really sorry for Hunt he deserves to be playing with a proper half to take the pressure off him for every play.

Hunt, Oates & Thaiday were easily our best players tonight.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
Hoffnuff will be the #6 for the rest of the year and you all know it.
Many. people who watch plenty of lower grade football have said that our young halve simply aren't ready for the task of NRL footy yet ... and with the 5/8 jersey just being "warmed" this year until Milford arrives, there isn't much point risking them, we are far better off letting them develop in the lower grades until they are ready for the standard of the NRL.

winslow_wong

State of Origin Captain
bris
love how griffin told copley to show that he's origin worthy before the game, well hook, how about you show us you're coach worthy you asshole. pathetic

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
We played ourselves into a dominant position and if not for the refs changing all momentum, we wouldn't have been screwed over and suddenly chasing a game Cronulla should never have been allowed into. Some of you really need to try and be a bit more objective, we were not anywhere near as bad as a lot of you suggest, the refs had the single biggest influence on that game.

I bleed Maroon

State of Origin Captain
The turning point of the game was the bullshit penalty on the tackle on Carney when he juggled the ball. Absolute dogshit call and pretty much self explanatory about the state of the refereeing.

It is killing our game.

Battler

NRL Captain
North Brisbane
I won't be ... i barely watch any games outside of the Broncos anymore ... i got sick of watching the refs ruin them through their incompetence
Yeah I watched the first ten minutes and there were already five or six penalties (in the Roosters/ Manly game). Bring back one referee, and get rid of that ridiculous try or no try shit for the video ref: Thaiday was robbed of a legitimate last Wed because of it, and Copley was blatantly attacked in the air tonight.

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
I've said it before ... and i think it may need to be said again ...

If we want Griffin gone ... we need to play poorly and lose.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Many. people who watch plenty of lower grade football have said that our young halve simply aren't ready for the task of NRL footy yet ... and with the 5/8 jersey just being "warmed" this year until Milford arrives, there isn't much point risking them, we are far better off letting them develop in the lower grades until they are ready for the standard of the NRL.
That doesn't mean there aren't other ways around this(for example exploring the option of signing Cody Walker etc) nor does it mean the club couldn't have explored the option of switching hoffman to fullback and Barba to 5/8th(who has bulked up which contradicts that Milford is a certainty for 5/8th next season). Options always exist and it's a poor coach that refuses to explore them when necessary. You think the side of 2000 didn't benefit from blooding a lot of youngsters in 1999 in critical positions for long lengths of the season?

Last edited:

Syklone

BRL Player
Lol at all the people saying thaiday is in career best form. Another game with 4 runs. Zero leadership particularly when it was sorely needed.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Login or Register

Forgot your password?
Don't have an account? Register now

Twitter