Round 16 - Broncos vs Sharks - Post Match Discussion

Granville played the first 40 mins without a break. I thought he went really well and we were playing well as a team. After half time, Griffin took off Granville, Thaiday and Oates, and put on Stagg, Lowrie and Wallace. Stagg's middle ruck defence is fucking deplorable. He's slow as a wet week and his tackles are largely ineffective. You can blame the refs all you want, but it won't change the fact that we got totally dominated through the middle in the second half.

Add to that Copley's dropped bombs (which you can hardly blame him for when he's a Centre playing on the Wing) and Barba's dropped bomb and you have a perfect storm.

David Stagg is a complete waste of a bench spot. Period. He actually hinders the team when he comes on.

Hoffman has needed to go for almost 2 months.

Sadly, I can see much of the same for the remainder of the year. When Parker and Macca get back, it'll fix our ruck defence, but our attitude is stinking the joint up and I can't see changes being made to the side that need to be made.

words can not describe how fucking pissed I am with that game.

Sure the refs got them back in it but the Broncos slacked off.

There is no excuse from going 22 nil to 22 24.

Can we get a 5/8th yet? Seriously? every other team has one.

Yeah, I remember when Stagg was a pretty good player. Sharks started scoring their tries as soon as he got onto the field.

Hoffnuff will be the #6 for the rest of the year and you all know it.

Sad but true. We need to take our lead from last year. Changes will only be made when every game is a must-win.

i'm sure tomorrow hoffman will be uploading some spastic selfie on instagram as though that pass didn't mean much because in his head he's the mother fucking heir to darren lockyer. if hoffman was on the wing and we had an actual 5/8th, we win in the last minute. **** i hate josh hoffman with a passion. he is the worst 5/8th in rugby league history period.

I'm going to go watch a replay of a game between two teams that will play finals.

I won't be ... i barely watch any games outside of the Broncos anymore ... i got sick of watching the refs ruin them through their incompetence

We will miss the 8, folks. May as well get used to it. I am actually hoping for it, at this point. This game will be the beginning of the end.

I don't care if it makes me a sore loser. Screwed by the refs!

also Hoffman, Copley and pretty much everyone except Hunt

The gravity of this loss can not be understated.

At home, against the bottom team who haven't scored a point in 3 games and we are 22 points up with 30 mins to go....... pathetic, embarrassing and under no circumstances acceptable.

The players are farkin kidding themselves is they put in 100% in that second half.

It's sad to think too the times Hoffman has actually passed this season and that isn't many, have been shockers, seriously I shudder to think what Griffin's justification was to move Hoffman from the wing to 5/8th let alone keep him there for so long, he needs to go if Hoffman is there next week, no more.

Last edited:
Man, that last 30 minutes was so hard to watch. I thought we had the game all wrapped up and I guess the players did too. I feel really sorry for Hunt he deserves to be playing with a proper half to take the pressure off him for every play.

Hunt, Oates & Thaiday were easily our best players tonight.

Hoffnuff will be the #6 for the rest of the year and you all know it.

Many. people who watch plenty of lower grade football have said that our young halve simply aren't ready for the task of NRL footy yet ... and with the 5/8 jersey just being "warmed" this year until Milford arrives, there isn't much point risking them, we are far better off letting them develop in the lower grades until they are ready for the standard of the NRL.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Jedhead
  • unnerv1ng
  • Dash
  • theshed
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.