POST GAME Round 16 - Roosters vs Broncos

The rule was fine how it was before though. Munster did three genuine one on one strips in one game. Having the other defenders roll off then rip the ball out is crap. They've let people rip the ball the moment the other two come away which is a joke.

yeah I agree and forgot to mention it in my post-game. The strip sucks - it’s ugly and is a poor amendment to an already fine rule.

Ball security is one thing as there’s already hands everywhere on the ball trying to stop the offload and slow down the play, but now you have to worry about someone stealing the ball once the tackle has been completed and the ref is allowing a tug-of-war contest before the play the ball. You’ve stopped, you aren’t gaining an advantage, are preparing to put the ball back into play and can still have the ball taken off you. Stupid.

Strips should be solely first-contact and/or if a second defender is legitimately bumped off and it remains a sole 1v1 tackle. none of this 3v1 to stop a player, essentially affect a tackle and then run away going ‘not me sir I didn’t tackle him’

Oh no you finally have to deal with this shit like the rest of us!
just shows how back then they were getting bordering on every 50/50 call
Hard to draw much from these stats as most years your for is still greater than against with the notable exception of this year where there is a large difference.

For 17 seasons our penalty differential has been in the negative, so your claim that "most years your for is still greater than against" is false . Even if just talking about the NRL era, we have been in the negative for 11 seasons, equal for 1 and positive for 11, so again your claim is made up and shows you don't know what you are talking about, especially when you say things like, "Oh no you finally have to deal with this shit like the rest of us!" and that we "were getting bordering on every 50/50 call."

It really just shows that you go along with the rest of the NRL crowd that the Broncos have been historically favoured without actually thinking for yourself.

I get it though, the Titans haven't won a thing in their first 14 years (we'd won 5 premierships by that point) so it's understandable that you might be a little bitter. The fact that you guys couldn't survive on your own and had to go into voluntary administration to survive probably doesn't help with that chip on the shoulder, either.

Onto this notion that you have been bottom 4 for penalties F/A since 2006... I know for a fact up until 2019 you had less penalties conceded than the majority of teams, however I do find it interesting that you have also been given less at the same time.

The fact that our penalties conceded is so low means little when the amount we are awarded is even lower. Differential is everything when it comes to who has the advantage in this sport, whether you are talking about points for and against, metres gained vs metres conceded or penalties awarded vs penalties conceded.

For 17 seasons our penalty differential has been in the negative, so your claim that "most years your for is still greater than against" is false . Even if just talking about the NRL era, we have been in the negative for 11 seasons, equal for 1 and positive for 11, so again your claim is made up and shows you don't know what you are talking about, especially when you say things like, "Oh no you finally have to deal with this shit like the rest of us!" and that we "were getting bordering on every 50/50 call."

It really just shows that you go along with the rest of the NRL crowd that the Broncos have been historically favoured without actually thinking for yourself.

I get it though, the Titans haven't won a thing in their first 14 years (we'd won 5 premierships by that point) so it's understandable that you might be a little bitter. The fact that you guys couldn't survive on your own and had to go into voluntary administration to survive probably doesn't help with that chip on the shoulder, either.

The fact that our penalties conceded is so low means little when the amount we are awarded is even lower. Differential is everything when it comes to who has the advantage in this sport, whether you are talking about points for and against, metres gained vs metres conceded or penalties awarded vs penalties conceded.

Judging from this site: https://afltables.com/rl/misc/penalties.html#2019 (only last 17 years as that was your suggested metric *03 supports me too but I'll leave out because you did say 17)
Positive Differential (Year): 04,06,08,09,10,11,13,14,15,16 (Total 10)
Negative Differential (Year): 05,07,17,18,19,20 (Total 6)
Even (Year): 12 (Total 1)
Running on that, I believe that says I made up sweet ___ all and do happen to know what I am talking about. But hey I am just going on with the rest of the crowd that says Broncos have been historically favoured without thinking for myself. :)

On the being bitter about the Broncos success in their first 14 years or what not. Mate I was born at the end of 2000 so have seen 1 premiership from the Broncos and even then I was too young to remember or care. Started supporting the Titans in 2007 and since then you have won nothing so really not much to be bitter about. The only time I have really hated the Broncos is that load of garbage 2016 semifinal. Sharks didn't win for around 50 years so I have no qualms with waiting. Moving onto the went into voluntary admission to survive, I am a football fan not a finance expert... it has no relevance for me personally other than we are still a club. I don't go into Parkwood, CBUS or even Suncorp to watch the accountants crunch the numbers.

May be a personal opinion but the less penalties in the game overall, I reckon the less effect they have on the game. I would rather watch on average a 5-5 penalty count then a 8-8 penalty count. Might just be me. Half the time it seems the bigger penalty counts come from refs trying to even the count late to make it look good.

Anyway if you want to continue these, make a thread and I'll discuss it, passed the first posts, this ain't the place anymore.

Should someone who has played over 300 NRL games, 20 origin and 20 test appearances need to be coached on one of the fundamental skills of a first grade fullback?
This is about the entire team. Boyd looks shit house but he cant defend 60 meters across the field when there's no D being played by anyone in front of him.

Judging from this site: https://afltables.com/rl/misc/penalties.html#2019 (only last 17 years as that was your suggested metric *03 supports me too but I'll leave out because you did say 17)
Positive Differential (Year): 04,06,08,09,10,11,13,14,15,16 (Total 10)
Negative Differential (Year): 05,07,17,18,19,20 (Total 6)
Even (Year): 12 (Total 1)
Running on that, I believe that says I made up sweet ___ all and do happen to know what I am talking about. But hey I am just going on with the rest of the crowd that says Broncos have been historically favoured without thinking for myself. :)

On the being bitter about the Broncos success in their first 14 years or what not. Mate I was born at the end of 2000 so have seen 1 premiership from the Broncos and even then I was too young to remember or care. Started supporting the Titans in 2007 and since then you have won nothing so really not much to be bitter about. The only time I have really hated the Broncos is that load of garbage 2016 semifinal. Sharks didn't win for around 50 years so I have no qualms with waiting. Moving onto the went into voluntary admission to survive, I am a football fan not a finance expert... it has no relevance for me personally other than we are still a club. I don't go into Parkwood, CBUS or even Suncorp to watch the accountants crunch the numbers.

May be a personal opinion but the less penalties in the game overall, I reckon the less effect they have on the game. I would rather watch on average a 5-5 penalty count then a 8-8 penalty count. Might just be me. Half the time it seems the bigger penalty counts come from refs trying to even the count late to make it look good.

Anyway if you want to continue these, make a thread and I'll discuss it, passed the first posts, this ain't the place anymore.
Exactly, take this crap to the Titans thread.

You’re right. The comparison is bad. Group tackles on players who haven’t quite built up speed yet are much easier than one on one tackles at the back with all that space
But you know he is a fullback.. he's supposed to fucking make those one on one tackles when there's a line break. Serious question.. has he made a tackle let alone a try saver at fullback in the last 2 seasons. He seems to take the dummy, take a knee or unsuccessfully try to bump wingers into touch. Can't wait till he is fucking done.

But you know he is a fullback.. he's supposed to fucking make those one on one tackles when there's a line break. Serious question.. has he made a tackle let alone a try saver at fullback in the last 2 seasons. He seems to take the dummy, take a knee or unsuccessfully try to bump wingers into touch. Can't wait till he is fucking done.

On Jake Granville in Round 1 and Suliasi Vunivalu in Round 12.

only last 17 years as was your suggest metric

The last 17 years isn't the suggested metric, I mean we've been on the wrong end of the penalty count for 17 seasons out of 33, since 1988. Penalties aren't the reason we lost to the Roosters, but if people want to make out like we've had the rub of the green in this comp up until recently like you claimed, that is simply not the case.

You don’t think he had a decent coach with Bennett? The shithouse defence and lazy efforts aren’t a new thing for him.

Can’t remember how he actually went in his first year with Bennett. How did the team go that year?

Boyd just looks like someone trying not to do an ACL or an ankle. The way he falls over is 100% protection with no sudden movement changes

No one expects him to cover 60 metres, but 60 centimetres shouldn’t be too much to ask...
I’m not saying he defended that line well, but there was 7 missed tackles before he overran the bloke with the ball. We’re just shit across the park.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.