PRE-GAME Round 17 - Broncos vs Panthers

There is no way that Luke, T'eo or Kennar are re-signed for next year. I'm not sure what contracts Arthars and Kennedy are on but they aren't part of the future. I guess Fafita and Boyd shouldn't be there either. Add to that Kahu, TPJ and Bird who are almost certainly gone as well. We are running out of players to trial. It's safe to say that the roster of 2021 will look vastly different from it's current status. Maybe we should start a thread indicating what the lineup may look like in Round 1, 2021.

Kennar is good depth and hasn’t been a problem really, Kennedy is still getting used to consistent first grade and is only starting as we have literally no other option. I like the guy and could be a solid 30min benchie as his second stint is always better.

The other guys are gone sure, but the overall question is you have ~7-9 players on the block - who do you replace them with? QCup players? You can find some diamonds in there sure, but we’re still in the same position.

It’s either rookies or players other clubs don’t want, and as we’ve seen with Croft that doesn’t work out too well for us

Kennar is good depth and hasn’t been a problem really, Kennedy is still getting used to consistent first grade and is only starting as we have literally no other option. I like the guy and could be a solid 30min benchie as his second stint is always better.

The other guys are gone sure, but the overall question is you have ~7-9 players on the block - who do you replace them with? QCup players? You can find some diamonds in there sure, but we’re still in the same position.

It’s either rookies or players other clubs don’t want, and as we’ve seen with Croft that doesn’t work out too well for us
Yeah agree with most of this.
The sobering thing is next season doesn't look like being much better than this season.

We have Pies signing contributions Luke and Teo already here. They’re about as old and average as you can get
Yup and a couple more Teo like players is what we need. Luke has played on too long.

Unless it's the "Dicks-on-a-String" theory a coach of mine used to drill into us. Moving up in a line as if you're attached to the men beside you by string which is tied around all of your dicks. That and "Titties in the Dark" are the two coaching philosophies that I will always remember.
Haha, geeze men’s sport is coached so different to women’s sport 😂😂

@Browny I hope you had a lot more Jamesons under your belt before watching that performance last night.

If Penrith turn up like they have tonight we will get pumped.
I fear for the 60 point barrier.

By the 20th minute mark or by halftime?

Having just watched the Panthers destroy the Tigers, I revise my prediction. Panthers by 50. There is no way on the planet we can withstand that kind of full 80 minute onslaught

Unlike the naysayers I believe the #bronxnation can turn a corner in their KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAA’s!!! For this game

Having just watched the Panthers destroy the Tigers, I revise my prediction. Panthers by 50. There is no way on the planet we can withstand that kind of full 80 minute onslaught
Penrith really don't let off the throttle. They go all out for the full 80, hit hard in defence and every run is with energy. If there's one team that's going to break a new record loss for us, it'll be them. It could get real, real ugly. Even if we turn up with the right attitude we'll still get pumped by 30, but knowing they have no chance anyway and nothing to play for (other than pride which is long lost this year) I can't see anything but an ugly scoreline.

Penrith really don't let off the throttle. They go all out for the full 80, hit hard in defence and every run is with energy. If there's one team that's going to break a new record loss for us, it'll be them. It could get real, real ugly. Even if we turn up with the right attitude we'll still get pumped by 30, but knowing they have no chance anyway and nothing to play for (other than pride which is long lost this year) I can't see anything but an ugly scoreline.

So, not Broncos by 30 😥

There is no way that Luke, T'eo or Kennar are re-signed for next year. I'm not sure what contracts Arthars and Kennedy are on but they aren't part of the future. I guess Fafita and Boyd shouldn't be there either. Add to that Kahu, TPJ, SOS and Bird who are almost certainly gone as well. We are running out of players to trial. It's safe to say that the roster of 2021 will look vastly different from it's current status. Maybe we should start a thread indicating what the lineup may look like in Round 1, 2021.

Of course you are right but this was for next week, not next year. Goodness me, I hope half the squad isn't here next year.

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.