Round 17 - Storm vs. Broncos - Post Match Discussion

Hook dropped Maranta earlier in the season.

Was for the Parra game IIRC.

Because we had Kahu available.

Kahu has since been nursing that thumb hence why we've had to go with the Muffin Man.

I'll even put up with Norman as long as Maranta goes

That's pretty much my mantra rna.

This is what it feels like...when doves cry.

I find it hard to hate Maranta. Sure, he's been horrible on the wing. But he seems like he has heart, and his whole family being a big part of the Broncos just makes me want him to succeed. I think he still can, but he's clearly far from ready.

I find it hard to hate Maranta. Sure, he's been horrible on the wing. But he seems like he has heart, and his whole family being a big part of the Broncos just makes me want him to succeed. I think he still can, but he's clearly far from ready.

Very far from ready. I also thought he was supposed to be quick

Well, he supposedly ran 100 metres in 11 seconds...I dunno why he couldn't do the same in the NRL. Maybe some kind of injury, lack of experience or confidence, or just fear. Either way, not ready, but I'm not completely ruling him out as a future player yet.

You're either quick or you're not
You can either finish or you can't
You can either make an impact taking a hit-up or you can't

If you can't do any of these things you don't belong in the team.

Probably on my own here but I was pretty impressed with Dodds this game, re-watched the match and IMO he is improving.
Strong runs and solid defence most of the time

Well, he supposedly ran 100 metres in 11 seconds...I dunno why he couldn't do the same in the NRL. Maybe some kind of injury, lack of experience or confidence, or just fear. Either way, not ready, but I'm not completely ruling him out as a future player yet.

What's sad for me is that he looked the goods at first. Now, I feel at present, the longer he plays NRL the more he loses.

Courier Mail

Rising winger Lachlan Maranta summed up Brisbane's night of misery.
He could have had a hat-trick but was denied three times, most notably in the 52nd minute when Billy Slater produced a miracle tackle to hold him up.
''That was one I should have got, I just needed to get the ball down,'' he said.
''It's annoying.''

I still don't think slater held him up. I know as a qlder we are meant to love billy et al but seriously I am over the smith and slater show. They are some of the grubbiest players in the game yet always get away with it. I feel like we are a few games away from the refs conferring with them before awarding a try.

Courier Mail

Rising winger Lachlan Maranta summed up Brisbane's night of misery.
He could have had a hat-trick but was denied three times, most notably in the 52nd minute when Billy Slater produced a miracle tackle to hold him up.
''That was one I should have got, I just needed to get the ball down,'' he said.
''It's annoying.''

Maranta is annoying

Watching the replay on the Footy Show just now, Maranta's initial burst was good but then it looks like he pulled back. I don't think he had the confidence to back himself but if he had I think he beats Waqa to the corner. Might need to work on an in and away move. I don't know that he's a lost cause but certainly don't think that he deserves his spot at the moment.

Active Now

• broncsgoat
  • Fitzy
  • Stix
  • Morkel
  • Financeguy
  • Broncosgirl
  • Wolfie
  • Hurrijo
  • Culhwch
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Old Mate
  • Bucking Beads
  • FaceOfMutiny
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.