PRE-GAME [Round 18, 2023] Broncos vs Dolphins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not training today: Walsh, Flegler, Riki, Pat Carrigan, Payne Haas and Corey Jensen.

The common thread that Kevy usually doesn't ask players to play and specifically defend out of position. I would be surprised if Frei is not given a start in the back row to play 40 minutes with Heatherington to cover. He just needs to make his tackles and put some pressure on the kicker.

If our guys put their tails between their legs again and the season falls in a heap because of what’s happened over the last couple of days, this playing group should be shipped off to West Wyalong.. on the adversity scale, this barely registers
This. We've had a pretty solid run of injury free rounds this year and would be a piss poor excuse to blame these injuries/outs on our season derailing, if it happens. Flegler and Riki are not vital to our team's success. Walsh is but Sailor is solid replacement.

With Riki out potentially long term, and our severe lack of edge depth coupled with our high quality outside back options, I'd be seriously considering Staggs on the right edge and bringing in Arthars/Mariner.

Do the Dragons have a second rower we can pilfer? 😂

Would've been nice to have Hosking around still

Why does everything turn to shit at once, we have been good this year when it comes to players being available, one game later and everything is on its head.

Would've been nice to have Hosking around still
I'm sure we can convince him to break contract...
Joe Pesci Film GIF by NETFLIX

This. We've had a pretty solid run of injury free rounds this year and would be a piss poor excuse to blame these injuries/outs on our season derailing, if it happens. Flegler and Riki are not vital to our team's success. Walsh is but Sailor is solid replacement.
I think BHQ is still scarred from last year's fall from grace (and fair enough too), so everyone is just being pessimistic to avoid potential disappointment.

Once we beat the Dolphins, we have a bye and then the Bulldogs (so guaranteed points and a top 8 finish). These injuries will be a blessing in disguise, with fresh players coming back in time for finals (while the rookies get some early experience to help us go back to back next year).

Players get injured. Every club has injuries.

Hardly any team gets a saloon passage to the finals.
Yeah but it's how it happens at once with two potentially season enders and a Walsh out for being lippy lol.

I think BHQ is still scarred from last year's fall from grace (and fair enough too), so everyone is just being pessimistic to avoid potential disappointment.

Once we beat the Dolphins, we have a bye and then the Bulldogs (so guaranteed points and a top 8 finish). These injuries will be a blessing in disguise, with fresh players coming back in time for finals (while the rookies get some early experience to help us go back to back next year).

It's good to have the true @Santa back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • MrTickyMcG
  • broncos4life
  • Totally Unr3al
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • RolledOates
  • Dreaglor
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Bucking Beads
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.