Round 18 - Broncos vs. Sharks - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Yes yes yes. Hala to start until he tires. I've been wanting that for weeks and if I were in charge Id start Tasi alongside Hala then let the regulars takeover . I love the idea of two gorillas starting !

Gorillas? :p

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Bit unsure what you guys mean but, yeah gorillas. You know, big strong heavyweight gorillas !

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    52.9 KB · Views: 102
C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Yes, I suspect draggx is thinking about the nationality of said gorillas (Tasi and Hala) and thinking you're being racist...
@Porthoz will probably agree with him and give you a slapdown.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
Oh...lol. Never occurred to me ! My mum used to say to my brothers and myself, get out of the way ya big ape ! whenever our large frames blocked her progress around the kitchen usually as we eagerly awaited the arrival of more food !

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
Oh...lol. Never occurred to me ! My mum used to say to my brothers and myself, get out of the way ya big ape ! whenever our large frames blocked her progress around the kitchen usually as we eagerly awaited the arrival of more food !

Yep. Context was not the least bit offensive so there's nothing in it. Like I said, PC rubbish. It's an apt terminology.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
If I have inadvertently offended anyone then I apologise profusely. My reference was entirely about size,power and strength all attributes of the mighty gorilla. I hear them ( frontrowers )referred to as 'pigs' quite often which I think is even more insulting and it doesn't even rate a mention...anyways.

Huge

Huge

International Rep
Contributor
Mar 7, 2008
The sort of thing demonstrated in the attached image.....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 49
noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
hala is built like a gorilla. for me that is nothing but a compliment, and i hope he reaches the potential he has. he and tasi are the kind of guys who could put fear back in our opposition.

S

subsbligh

NRL Captain
Mar 16, 2008
Man if only this side could live up to its potential.

Hannant and McGuire in the opening exchanges through the middle, Thaiday working the edges with Glenn and Parker creating second phase play, then wrecking balls Tasi and Hala around 20 minute mark, with worker Stagg and Gillett offering X factor off the bench.

Halves just need to put the centres and wingers through the holes punched by that forward pack.

Shane Perry could create tries off the back of that forward pack.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008

Hannant and McGuire in the opening exchanges through the middle, Thaiday working the edges with Glenn and Parker creating second phase play, then wrecking balls Tasi and Hala around 20 minute mark, with worker Stagg and Gillett offering X factor off the bench.

Halves just need to put the centres and wingers through the holes punched by that forward pack.

Yeah, but we don't have Shane Perry. We only have Peter Wallace.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Confirmation Hannant is out:

Bronco Hannant to miss Friday's NRL clash - NRL.com

A niggling calf injury has forced Brisbane front-rower Ben Hannant out of Friday night's NRL match against Cronulla at Suncorp Stadium.
The former Queensland State of Origin prop, who has missed out on a Maroons jersey this year largely due to the ongoing problem, has struggled to overcome a calf tear which sidelined him for a month earlier in the season.
He tweaked it again a fortnight ago while warming up for the Broncos' round 16 clash with the Warriors.
"I tried, but it just wasn't to be," Hannant said on Thursday.
However the club are confident that, with next week's bye, he will be fully fit for their following match on July 26 against North Queensland.
Scott Anderson has been named in Hannant's absence, but the Broncos are yet to decide whether he, David Hala, Dunamis Lui or Lama Tasi will start alongside Josh McGuire in the front row.

Mr Fourex

Mr Fourex

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Apr 9, 2012

xxxx

noisetheory

noisetheory

NRL Captain
Mar 31, 2008
it all comes back to communication for the halves for me. which wallace actually spoke about in the media. the really dumb stuff is coming when they forget to talk. especially on last tackle plays. they still seem unsure of what the other is doing and both arent taking the opportunity to take control.

we've shown that in the periods where we get in the right 'groove' the ball gets out wide and hoffy can score tries and that other bloke can stuff them up. but then something goes against us and the heads drop on field and all of a sudden they stop talking and 5th tackle comes along and prince n wallace are standing around looking at each other.

fix the communication. that will go along way to masking their deficiencies in talent.

Last edited:
Charmamba

Charmamba

Life is a Fantasy League
Jan 9, 2011
Yes, I suspect draggx is thinking about the nationality of said gorillas (Tasi and Hala) and thinking you're being racist...
@Porthoz will probably agree with him and give you a slapdown.

I was more just poking fun at it, I was on the side of 'young girl didn't mean it racistly'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Financeguy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.