PRE-GAME Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its going to be a test to see how good our left side of Moga, Milf and Oates are in defence. They weren't really tested to that extent against the Sharks and they still put two tries on us from that side. Cowboys generally put a lot of points on us in that channel. The finals game was a bit misleading as we had a centre playing who was really just a passenger as he was playing injured, but in every game it seems Morgan runs riot down our left.

I'd say Moga would be more aware of what the Cowboys do, rather than the other way. Moga is in a new team, with new players, with new defensive structures, so an prior knowledge the Cowboys have of Moga's defence will hardly be relevant.

Plus Moga hasn't really ever shown to be a defensive liability thus far in his career.

Did you see him in ISC? I can recall quite a few games, Ipswich springs to mind where he got run ragged, he was really easy to get around.

Being fair to him, Its going to take him some time to build up his confidence and fitness. Every time he jumps to take a ball i live in fear his knee will go when he lands. The more he plays, the better he will get i think. He just needs that run of games.

The best thing about our team at the moment is upside. Moga, Ese'ese, Pangai, Sims, Arrow. While none of them are superstars at the moment, they all have massive potential. While our team now is good, it could be amazing.

The problem with Ben Hunt — and how to fix it
DARREN LOCKYER, The Courier-MailMarch 3, 2017 7:00pm
Subscriber only
THE Broncos are off and running. It’s only one win, but in the early rounds of the premiership, coaches look for one key facet — resilience.
The Broncos showed against Cronulla they have a sufficient supply of it to be a force this season.
For me, there were two important narratives to emerge from Brisbane’s first-up victory. One relates to the Broncos’ young forwards, who made an impressive statement that the pack can cope without their retired workhorse Corey Parker.
The other concerns Ben Hunt, the criticism he is enduring and the steps he must take to regain the mojo that steered the Broncos to the grand final two years ago.
It would be too harsh to say Hunt was poor against the Sharks but external pressures are governing his actions. All the talk about his $6 million Dragons contract, his perceived commitment to the Broncos and whether he is worth the big bucks seems to be bearing down on him.
Hunt may not be reading every headline, but he isn’t living on Mars. He would be aware of the talk and the pressures that come with it.
Put simply, Ben needs to calm down. He is playing a bit edgy and, if anything, is guilty of trying too hard.
He is down a touch on confidence.
It seems counterintuitive, but as a player the best thing you can do when you are trying to get your peak form back is to stop looking for the money play.
Right now, Ben should not concern himself with line breaks and try assists.
Whenever your confidence is down, revert to the basics. Work hard at training. Practise core skills. Play the percentages in games.
If Hunt just focuses on steering the Broncos around the park and staying error-free, it will start to build his self-belief and the bigger plays will come.
I watched Hunt closely in the early minutes against the Sharks. He was rushing out of the defensive line and putting shots on blokes to try and lift his teammates.
His enthusiasm can’t be questioned.
Hunt’s eventual departure from the Broncos has been a talking point for weeks now and it won’t go away until he has a solid game. He almost needs a man-of-the-match performance to put himself at ease. But Ben can blow the storm away if he stays relaxed and works on his execution.
Overall, I was impressed with Brisbane’s performance. A lot has been made of the loss of Parker and Jarrod Wallace, who was crucial to their front-row rotation last season, but the Baby Broncos stepped up against the Sharks.
Playing the defending premiers at their home ground in Round 1 is not an easy assignment.
The emerging forwards look to be relishing the extra responsibility. The deployment of your interchange bench is so crucial in the modern game and I liked the up-tempo contributions from Herman Ese’ese, Tevita Pangai Jnr and Jai Arrow.
Wayne Bennett has been around too long to get carried away after one game. But experience and youthful hunger can take a team a long way in this premiership. The Broncos have both.

Someone show that article to Ben Hunt

im sure bennett wil tell him to give it a read or more then likely some one has already said the exact same words to him

Made it fairly simple for him

You've probably watched more football than most but surely you've seen what happens in round 1 games every single season? Every game is messy and every team is disorganized.

That's true most of the time.

But, we are also adapting to a new attacking gameplan and what I saw last night, I just think it's going to take us a bit more time to really click while the Cowboys aren't adjusting to a new plan.. It's going to be the same old for them.

Plus, I'm just getting used to Thurston and Morgan fucking us and when I try to look ahead at this game, all I see is either Thurston or Morgan putting on the match-winning play.

I hope we fucking destroy them.

I can't do another 1 point game with these flogs. I think I'll break things.

I would much rather win through a controversial try in the last minute and see JT cry about how the Cows were robbed.

Did you see him in ISC? I can recall quite a few games, Ipswich springs to mind where he got run ragged, he was really easy to get around.

Being fair to him, Its going to take him some time to build up his confidence and fitness. Every time he jumps to take a ball i live in fear his knee will go when he lands. The more he plays, the better he will get i think. He just needs that run of games.

Once again its hard to judge him in ISC games, since the only time he really has been in the ISC is when he was coming back from an injury. Those are times when he is low on confidence, fitness and hasn't played a game in quite a long time. I'm judging on the 30 odd games in the NRL he has played and so far he hasn't really shown to be a complete liability in defence in the NRL.

fb832f40e434697299a668bb97ad5f07.jpg

Ben hunt said on channel 9 that he was unhappy with his kicking and needs to work on it. Getting sick of hearing it really

Ben hunt said on channel 9 that he was unhappy with his kicking and needs to work on it. Getting sick of hearing it really

you problem was watching the coverage after the siren

Pfft, the **** would Locky know.

Once again its hard to judge him in ISC games, since the only time he really has been in the ISC is when he was coming back from an injury. Those are times when he is low on confidence, fitness and hasn't played a game in quite a long time. I'm judging on the 30 odd games in the NRL he has played and so far he hasn't really shown to be a complete liability in defence in the NRL.

He hasnt, but can we honestly say we remember the games Moga played for the roosters and cowboys 3 or 4 years ago. You have to have a look in his recent history which is mainly ISC. I dont think he is a poor defender, but i dont think he has the lateral movement in defence he had at one time. Saying that, like i said before, i feel he will keep improving the more he plays anyway. A lot of it with Moga wont be down to his ability, it will be down to how much confidence he can get back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• marw
  • Griffo
  • Skyblues87
  • Waynesaurus
  • broncsgoat
  • Big Del
  • john1420
  • Aldo
  • heartly87
  • Pablo
  • Wolfie
  • Smokin' Joe
  • Broncosgirl
  • Gaz
  • Tim K
  • FACTHUNT
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • broncoscope
  • Alec
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.