PRE-GAME Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Cowboys: 1 Ben Hampton, 2 Kyle Feldt, 3 Justin O'Neill, 4 Javid Bowen, 5 Antonio Winterstein, 6 Te Maire Martin, 7 Johnathan Thurston (c), 8 Matthew Scott (c), 9 Jake Granville, 10 Jordan McLean, 11 Gavin Cooper, 12 Ethan Lowe, 13 Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14 John Asiata, 15 Coen Hess, 16 Scott Bolton, 18 Corey Jensen
Reserves: 18 Kyle Laybutt, 19 Michael Morgan, 20 Francis Molo, 21 Enari Tuala

Good reward for Molo. I watched the Blackhawks today. I’ve never seen him make 30 tackles before.

Cowboys: 1 Ben Hampton, 2 Kyle Feldt, 3 Justin O'Neill, 4 Javid Bowen, 5 Antonio Winterstein, 6 Te Maire Martin, 7 Johnathan Thurston (c), 8 Matthew Scott (c), 9 Jake Granville, 10 Jordan McLean, 11 Gavin Cooper, 12 Ethan Lowe, 13 Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14 John Asiata, 15 Coen Hess, 16 Scott Bolton, 18 Corey Jensen
Reserves: 18 Kyle Laybutt, 19 Michael Morgan, 20 Francis Molo, 21 Enari Tuala
I get their top 17 is great and their spine depth is brilliant but unless molo has improved by more then 500% (exaggerated to emphasise a point, don't take literally please peoples) is the forward depth below that top 17 the cowboys Achilles heel? On top of the obvious lack of speed in the backline. Molo wouldn't make our top 30 this year with our forward depth outside the top 17-21. Great top 17 though.

Just on the broncos team. If tagatese takes ofa or sims spot (both do the job every now and then but even when on song they don't exactly have unlimited upside) and kahu reverts back to wing with Oates to bench (he'd be motivated to prove he can cut it so you wouldn't see the soft running and defence of last week-may spark the forwards off the bench, even if it's just a short term solution), I'd be happy.

Just on the broncos team. If tagatese takes ofa or sims spot (both do the job every now and then but even when on song they don't exactly have unlimited upside) and kahu reverts back to wing with Oates to bench (he'd be motivated to prove he can cut it so you wouldn't see the soft running and defence of last week-may spark the forwards off the bench, even if it's just a short term solution), I'd be happy.

@Huge triggered

Reckon opacic is named as cover for boyd.

If boyd out, Kahu to fb, opacic to center, someone fills his spot on the bench. Murphy or another forward.

I just hope ffs that kahu has at least trained at fullback during the week incase this does happen.

+1 for Bennett sticking with Lodge & Pangai in the starting line-up, they were our best on field last Thursday, deserve those jerseys for the time being.
They will look far better starting the game without Thaiday at hooker too. You could really see Lodge struggling with his bad service.

They will look far better starting the game without Thaiday at hooker too. You could really see Lodge struggling with his bad service.
On the subject of Lodge, i really hope he jhst rips in this game.
No thoughts of passing before the line, just get in and try and smash through the defensive line.

Don't like Kahu at centre.
I would rather Opacic at centre with Roberts, Kahu and Isaako on the wings and run Taga, Sims, Thaiday and Oates on the bench.
Offa doesn't impress me much at all lately.

On the subject of Lodge, i really hope he jhst rips in this game.
No thoughts of passing before the line, just get in and try and smash through the defensive line.
Looking forward to seeing how he handles the the big cowboys pack. Would like to see him get angry and throw his weight around a bit.

He certainly wasn't a fullback when that last happened, so put your thinking cap on.
There was one game last year when we were really firing up and in the process of getting right on top, maybe the 54-0 game vs the Titans? Anyway he caught a kick off and just put his head down and went rocketing into the defense without looking for a pass. Commentators said it was reminiscent of a Khunt kick return. Hadn't seen it before that, haven't seen it since.

Good reward for Molo. I watched the Blackhawks today. I’ve never seen him make 30 tackles before.

i didnt catch that game, did he go good? has he trimmed down a touch you think to get those sort of tackle numbers?

If this side runs as is I would hope at some point in the game Opacic to centre, Kahu to wing and Oates into the backrow

1. Isaako
4. Opacic
5. Kahu
14. Taggers
17. Fai/Murphy if we go that way.

Please and thank you

How many people are brave enough to go to the game on Friday?

IMG 0188

Doesn’t look fat to me!

Not exactly ripped though is he.

23 year old professional athletes normally look in better shape than that.

But no, not fat

Active Now

• GCBRONCO
  • bb_gun
  • Xzei
  • Strop
  • Battler
  • Jedhead
  • ezpz
  • Sproj
  • Wolfie
  • Redux
  • Foordy
  • Fozz
  • Harry Sack
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncsgoat
  • Jazza
  • KateBroncos1812
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Old Mate
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.