PRE-GAME Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I've never even seen Bennett giving any player a spray. Why do the cameras at training always miss this?

You would have loved to have been in the sheds in 1995 for a game against the lowly Eels who finished 19th. The Broncos were down 14-6 at half time, playing absolutely shit house. Bennett gave them such a serve they came out and put on 54 unanswered points in the second half.

It's as much a myth that he doesn't get angry as much as suggesting he doesn't smile.

Seeing Wayne give them a spray has made me feel the best I’ve felt since Thursday. After watching his press conference post the dragons loss he didn’t seem overly upset but from all reports he tore a few new assholes today.

Also good to hear Kevie say the Thaiday at hooker plan failed and won’t be tried again. Good to see someone acknowledging there mistakes.

I spent a fair amount of time with Webcke in 2016 for work, we travelled regional Qld together in a car. During this time we spoke a lot about Bennett, trust me... Bennett knows how and when to give a player/players an almighty expletive laden spray

Hate to say this but this could be a blessing in disguise - better to play really shitty early on,get chewed out by ‘the boss’ to have the mental toughness needed to play 90 mins a game.

BTW I said 90 mins as teams should always play as if there’ll be Golden Point. Can’t arse off after just 80.

Gillettm 18030842nh 1

Brisbane Broncos big guns Darius Boyd and Matt Gillett miss training but set to play against Cowboys

March 12, 2018

BRONCOS skipper Darius Boyd and star forward Matt Gillett are both expected to be cleared for Friday’s derby clash with the Cowboys, despite the pair failing to complete training on Monday.

Gillett did not take any part in the field session at Red Hill, working only in the gym, while Boyd did restricted training away from the main group.

A Brisbane spokesman said however that both will be fine to play in Friday’s all-important showdown at Suncorp Stadium.

It is understood Gillett had a stiff neck after getting caught the wrong way in a tackle against the Dragons, while Boyd is just moving at a cautious pace following his pre-season hamstring strain.

The representative duo are expected to train on Tuesday and hooker Andrew McCullough - who will return to the starting side this week - said he has no doubt they will be there on Friday.

“(Boyd) is in no doubt,” McCullough said.

“They’re just managing his hamstring. He’s a professional and knows how to play the game. We know he’ll be right to go on Friday.

“(Gillett) just has a stiff neck at the moment. I think there’s a few pins and needles but he might just need a bit of a massage and he’ll be right by the end of the week.”

The Broncos trained strongly outside of this, as they put the disappointment of their Round 1 loss behind them.

The two players in the running to replace Jaydn Su’A (suspension), George Fai and Sam Tagataese, were absent after playing in the Intrust Super Cup on Sunday.

Source: Courier Mail

Our biggest issue is our lack of ability to win the wrestle in both attack and defence. What I want to see is the tight interchange of passes from the forwards that has worked for us in the past.

1.Boyd
2.Issako
3.Roberts
4.Kahu
5.Pearson
6.Milford
7.Niko
8.Lodge
9.Macca
10.TPJ
11.Glenn
12.Gillett
13.McGuire
14.Oates
15.Thiday
16.Offa
17.Sims
This is the team I would like to see this week give Kahu 1 more shot at centre and give Pearson a chance.
Move Oates to the bench and let him really prove himself against a top notch side. With the game TPJ had last week it would be unfair in my opinion to drop him back to the bench.

1.Boyd
2.Issako
3.Roberts
4.Kahu
5.Pearson
6.Milford
7.Niko
8.Lodge
9.Macca
10.TPJ
11.Glenn
12.Gillett
13.McGuire
14.Oates
15.Thiday
16.Offa
17.Sims
This is the team I would like to see this week give Kahu 1 more shot at centre and give Pearson a chance.
Move Oates to the bench and let him really prove himself against a top notch side. With the game TPJ had last week it would be unfair in my opinion to drop him back to the bench.

I'm willing to bet you wont be seeing that team ...

no way Oates moves to the bench until at least Bird is back.

The thought of Oates, Milford, Kahu, Pearson defending on the same side gives me stomach ulcers.

I thought Milford with his build could become a good defender if taught the right technique. Don't know why he goes for the upper body arm grabs..

I thought Milford with his build could become a good defender if taught the right technique. Don't know why he goes for the upper body arm grabs..
It's all about attitude I suppose.

I'm not expecting big changes. Even if Boyd is busted, he'll still be named at fullback and will only drop out of the 21 / 19 / 17-man squad at the last minute.

It's interesting that Opacic is at 17. If they keep that 17, maybe Oates will jump into the forwards at some stage?

Still worried about the go forward coming off the bench.

It's interesting that Opacic is at 17. If they keep that 17, maybe Oates will jump into the forwards at some stage?

not really ... Bennett frequently carries a back on the bench, which quite often an outside back

not really ... Bennett frequently carries a back on the bench, which quite often an outside back

Thing is with Tom, he can cover for backs, he can also cover second row or lock as well. At the same time, i wouldnt read too much into him being in at 17 either. Bennett could easily swap him with Tagatese or Fai

Active Now

• mystico
  • ivanhungryjak
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brocko
  • Dash
  • MrMoore
  • Spoon
  • GCBRONCO
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.