PRE-GAME Round 2 - Broncos vs Cowboys

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Fensom isn't really a swap for Lodge. It's not like we have a battalion of genuine frontrowers. Taga's probably a long way behind now. He wasn't even named on the extended bench for the first game. Offa didn't offer much, if you'll forgive the pun, the other night. Would we really start with a real greenhorn? I just hope Taga sees a chance and has a blinder on the weekend or convinces Seibs to take a chance. Either way if it happened I'd hope he would do himself proud.

Offa made 114 run meters had 29 tackles and got anyway some good offloads so that’s not too bad in my books. He did sit on the sidelines for a long time as well.

Offa made 114 run meters had 29 tackles and got anyway some good offloads so that’s not too bad in my books. He did sit on the sidelines for a long time as well.
Yes, probably overshadowed by Lodge so that might have had something to do with it. Fair stats. Any errors?

I just don't believe that there'd be many suitors for him if he was available on the market. Some clubs might sign him as a stop gap but i would suggest most would prefer to look to their juniors, he isn't getting any younger and while he is great defensively, he really doesn't offer much in attack.

I get the argument that he was good enough to make a rep team, but by the end of the series a makeshift hooker was spending more time in the position than he was - not exactly a ringing endorsement is it?

What do you see in him that makes you think he is more than just a defensive sponge that kicks the occasional 40/20?

That was poor coaching on Walters’ part. QLD we’re all over NSW for the first 30 mins. Then Macca goes off and we have 2 tries scored against us. Watch again, and see how effective Macca was of getting forwards going, giving the halves the ball and great kicking game. We weren’t the same force when Hunt replaces him. We were lucky to get the win in the end. That was the day I ended wanting Walters as our coach, because he seems way to stuck in pre-game plans and not coaching the game for what is happening in the middle.

Well obviously losing the ball close to the Storm's line then yelling at the ref until he got penalised doesn't count.

Would have been pissed off too. Hand clearly all over the ball. And that's the smile of a prick who knows he got away with cheating.

7:02

Would have been pissed off too. Hand clearly all over the ball. And that's the smile of a prick who knows he got away with cheating.

7:02

Maybe, but regardless the refs aren't going to change their mind and yelling just gets them offside. And by giving away a penalty he stopped us even getting the chance to pin the Storm in on their own line. Hopefully Joe can learn from that.

What’s pat mago doing? Is he injured? Seems to be well down the pecking order but did a good job last season off the bench

If anyone moves to fullback it should be Bird. Put Boyd in the centres and leave Isaako on the wing. Isaako needs to go looking for work and get involved more on kick returns but he can do that from the wing and Bird is more experienced and a better ball player at fullback.

Well obviously losing the ball close to the Storm's line then yelling at the ref until he got penalised doesn't count.

I forgot about that but I should of been a penalty if it was a storm player it would hav been

No errors so he done his share.
Looks like you'd have to call fumbling the ball an error plus another error in conceding a penalty for dissent. Still, fair stats.

I am not very confident about this game, we could have four ex Broncos players in Kahu, Opacic, Molo and McGuire playing their first game against the old club. Ex players seem to have their best game of the season against us.

Based on which team has an inferior hooker, the Knights, Warriors, Bulldogs, Tigers, Manly, Cowboys, Dragons, Panthers, Eels would definitely prefer him over Levi, Roache, Lichaa, Farah, Koroisau, Granville, McInness, Katoa and Mahoney. Including us that is 10 clubs
Koroisau, Katoa, McInness and Farah to a lesser extent are all better and at the very least move the ball quicker.

If anyone moves to fullback it should be Bird. Put Boyd in the centres and leave Isaako on the wing. Isaako needs to go looking for work and get involved more on kick returns but he can do that from the wing and Bird is more experienced and a better ball player at fullback.
It looks like some of our members on here are spot on in their criticism of Boyds performance as their comments have been echoed in the media. I wouldn't be surprised to see a shake up from Seibold later on if Boyd and McCullough don't improve their standard. McCullough will maintain his standard but I feel as though Seibold is used to a more dynamic hooker and will demand more. With Lodge out I see us as very vulnerable so we will need better from Boyd and McCullough especially. I think there's a few others that will need to pick up but I have a feeling some of the team played their game before they got on the field. We'll definitely be better next week but I don't think it will be enough.

If (and that's a big IF) you were going to replace Boyd at fullback, that is the swap that should be done. the other potential could be Roberts, the bit of extra space he would get at fullback could make him lethal.

but I personally think that Boyd should stay there ATM.

It looks like some of our members on here are spot on in their criticism of Boyds performance as their comments have been echoed in the media. I wouldn't be surprised to see a shake up from Seibold later on if Boyd and McCullough don't improve their standard. McCullough will maintain his standard but I feel as though Seibold is used to a more dynamic hooker and will demand more. With Lodge out I see us as very vulnerable so we will need better from Boyd and McCullough especially. I think there's a few others that will need to pick up but I have a feeling some of the team played their game before they got on the field. We'll definitely be better next week but I don't think it will be enough.
I was waiting for someone to highlight this, well done.

However, even Darren Lockyer saying Boyd needs to do more and / or improve on his efforts won’t be enough to change the minds of some on here (not saying you’re one of those posters). They’ll still defend Boyd and completely reject the notion that he is a large factor in our poor performances.

But, I suppose, why would they? After all, what would a former fullback and captain of the Broncos know.

We have no structure in attack. We literally look clueless close to the line. Last night, the fuckwads were kicking early. And shit kicks at that. If that's Seibold's plan, he can **** off back to Harvard. Maybe open a fish and chip shop there.

I can see this season is going to be just like the last while we have Macca gumming up the works. Getting rid of him, or at least away from the football, will be the key. Poor bugger, he has a massive heart, but coupled with a tiny football brain. If Seibold can't see what everyone else sees, he's not a coach's sphincter. It won't be a pleasant job dropping him, but that's why he's on those big bikkies.

Maybe he could hide Boyd on the wing. He's clearly no good at fullback anymore, and Isaako has been found wanting in defence out there. I suspect Milford might be better at fullback than five-eighth, but I can't see that happening. Boyd needs to work on his fish and chip game because that's what's in his future. He'd look fantastic in a hairnet.

The current halves will need to be broken up: one of either Niko or Milford needs to move and make way for one of the youngsters who know how to kick tactically, and can communicate with the rest of the team so they might even chase the ball occasionally. From what I've seen of the youngsters, they're all better at that than Milford and Niko.

Finally, Roberts, cut off that bogan rat tail. It's not 1983.
You're a fool

Active Now

• ivanhungryjak
  • Mustafur
  • Harry Sack
  • pennywisealfie
  • Foordy
  • Organix
  • BroncoFan94
  • Waynesaurus
  • RolledOates
  • Xzei
  • Brocko
  • BroncosAlways
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • broncos4life
  • Wolfie
  • Tim K
  • Battler
  • Aldo
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
... and 20 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.