POST GAME Round 2 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

Tom

State of Origin Captain
Just had a look and...yeah, I think they're right. Ha ha, **** em. Makes up for the bullshit 4 weeks suspension a bit.
Had a quick look too, there's only 2 angles on the highlights. One looks sus and one looks fine. On the weight of the evidence I'd say he still had control. No bias here.

NRL has come out and said that Staggs last try was the incorrect call, should've been a no try. There was separation as he went to put the ball down, and he didn't regain control.
Surpise, surprise. You win again Sydney.

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
I wonder if Souths brought it to Annesley's attention? It seems like he alluded to it with his point about matches being analysed and pulled apart.

He also made a point of how easy it was to miss on the field, so he wasn't exactly condeming the officials.

I've never seen that put-down pulled up before, and I could never see a team challenge it unless they had one to burn and were just hoping the video referees could bail them out. The only time I could ever see this being pulled up is if the video referee was checking for something else and just happened to spot one frame that looked ordinary.

I don't think it's a good look from Annesley, especially when he's praising South Sydney for innovative attacking plays that came off the back of a bogus referee decision.

GCBRONCO

International Rep
Gold Coast
Had a quick look too, there's only 2 angles on the highlights. One looks sus and one looks fine. On the weight of the evidence I'd say he still had control. No bias here.

Surpise, surprise. You win again Sydney.
Agreed, I viewed it just before and on one angle you might be able to make an argument there may have been, then you look at the other and it looks fine, benefit of the doubt IMO has to go with try. The more I view it the more I think it's a valid try, we aren't talking Manly 1990 Kerrod Walters deadset no try here.

Reactions: Tom

Brent81

NRL Player
NRL has come out and said that Staggs last try was the incorrect call, should've been a no try. There was separation as he went to put the ball down, and he didn't regain control.
They are drunk.

Any excuse to shit on us.

Ps what about the Roberts forward pass leading up to Souths second try. Two metres forward.
Sweet FA from the NRL. Tell Annesley to go **** himself.

Sproj

International Rep
Staff
Did Annesley also say the Lomax put down was the incorrect call?

Super Freak

International Captain
Staff
Brisbane
They are drunk.

Any excuse to shit on us.

Ps what about the Roberts forward pass leading up to Souths second try. Two metres forward.
Sweet FA from the NRL. Tell Annesley to go **** himself.
Except they are right. He lost the ball and did not regain control. I really don't know how there are people looking at the angles on the replays saying there is some doubt as to whether he lost control. There is no doubt whatsoever, the front on angle shows clear as day separation.

He put a hand on the ball but that is not regaining control.

But **** them. They missed it, it was awarded, it is done.

Brent81

NRL Player
Except they are right. He lost the ball and did not regain control. I really don't know how there are people looking at the angles on the replays saying there is some doubt as to whether he lost control. There is no doubt whatsoever, the front on angle shows clear as day separation.

I’m more pissed at the fact that, apparently, this was the only wrong decision on the weekend.

Souths second try came from an undisputed forward pass....not a fucking word.

ps as for separation and needing to regrip the ball....four words “Billy Slater drop kick”

broncos4life

International Rep
Brisbane

But why did he even address this? Until he announced this no one had even realised, usually he will address the shit in depth like this when the media are bleating about it.

pagey

NRL Captain

I think the rule sucks, if a player gets simultaneous pressure at worst than I think it is fine.

Because that’s how the nrl works regarding Brisbane.
Paul white better grow some balls and tell them they better start treating Brisbane A LOT better and we MAY help out the NRL a little bit.

The votes on the board won't matter now hey NRL. "Its unfair" hahahahaha let's see if the Sydney boys club model is good now. The broke clubs have had way too much power and if Paul white, North Queensland and the warriors (3/5 most profitablr clubs that continuously get dudded) have any sense they will use this time to regain power I n place of helping out these tiny little Sydney clubs that band together because none of them are sustainable...

Foordy

International Rep
Staff
But why did he even address this? Until he announced this no one had even realised, usually he will address the shit in depth like this when the media are bleating about it.
especially as it highlighted a ref mistake ... which they like to ignore unless the media are screaming about it

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.