Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

I think TPJ was just non existent first half. Did nothing.

I just go with what i see, not what some stats tell me. Seen Patty's game from before he got into the 17 here and i like his attitude and his work ethic. Always turns up and puts his hands up for the tough runs. Does the little things and competes for everything. One mediocre performance tonight wont change my opinion of him.

Thing is, i dont actually know what some people are expecting from him tbh. He is basically a workhorse prop. He isnt flash, he isnt much of a ball player, he just goes about his work. Nothing wrong with that. Our problem is we are playing him at lock, and as i've been saying for a couple of years, he isnt a lock. He doesnt have the game for it.
Agree but he just needs to draw and pass , he's not a junior Paulo .Hangs onto the ball too long. The forwards need to back each UP FFS and offload . At key moments there is nobody home , just spread the fucking ball , just too predictable in attack and adding no pressure , not smart football .

Last edited:
Seibold? Really going to scapegoat the real issue of the absolute mess that is the 1/6/7 & 9?

Yeah Seibold bought Croft, took a punt and he lost so he can wear that.
Seibolds not to blame for Milford, Isaako, Turpin & Boyd.

Walters has taken up a monumental task and there’s no way he can come out of it favourably. He’s inherited what is in all likelihood the worst spine in the modem NRL era.

Not a coaching issue, this is an outright roster issue and I’m fucked if I see a way out of it at all.
That was Kevins second loss. A lot of green horn players have been losing for some time. That was under Seibold.

Low balling offers to current origin players sure as hell ain’t going to be the way out of it...

We need to buy some NRL quality in key positions, as plain as day. Sack these useless, over-paid, under-performing spuds. Clear their stink out of the joint and start again. Milford, Croft, Isaako, all gone immediately. Turpin gets relegated to depth when we find an actual competent NRL hooker.

For years we haven’t had a NRL quality fullback. We still don’t.

For years we haven‘t had an NRL quality halfback, we still don’t.

For years we have needed a better 5/8, we still do.

For years we’ve needed a better hooker. We still do.

Get that right and then we can worry about which centre might leave, which forward to spend ludicrous money on.

But until we get a competent spine, we will continue to see the garbage we have seen for the last 26 games.
It isn’t Milford’s fault, it’s just every Half and Coach he‘a been paired with since 2015 apparently.

He was the 2018 POTY in case you didn’t know.

We need to throw some big money Adam Reynolds way. He may not be a top 3 half, but he is exactly the sort of hard working, experienced, no bullshit player we need in the spine right now. It's consistent 7/10 players like him that we are going to have to settle with for the foreseeable future, because there is NO CHANCE the likes of Paps or Drinkwater or Smith are signing with us even on massive overs. The Broncos right now is where young careers go to die, so what we need to focus on are players who have already been around the block before.

Turpin was disappointing tonight. Didn’t really play with any aggression and was only shovelling the ball off. Hardly ran and when he did it looked like he had his cleats bolted to the ground.

There is the major problem. There arent many stand outs in ISC. There isnt really anyone available right now to improve us for 2021. Even for 2022 i cant see a lot of spine players around that are absolutley going to improve us. Jury is a bit out on the likes of Smith and Drinkwater. Nico Hynes as really not done anything yet in the NRL. Everything seems a massive risk with no rewards.
Reynolds?

Last edited:
He just has no impact on the game. Never turns momentum. It's okay being solid and what not, his attitude and effort is great, but he just doesn't affect the game. I actually like him, but every single game when I see his stats I say 'what?'. 'When?'.

Affect the game in what way though? I've seen him turn momentum with a tough carry quite a lot last year, but it always tends to be the bloke who takes up the ball after the said tough carry that gets all the praise. People dont really notice players doing the dirty work. Like i said, i just dont know what people are expecting a work horse prop to do other than cart the ball up and do the tough stuff. Thats what i see his role as. They lay platforms for people like Haas and TPJ and others like that to work their magic.

It was posted on here a while ago ( thanks to @Big Pete ) but look at say Shane Webcke's stats. They arent great on paper either which is why i just dont take too much notice of them. I remember him as a bloke who i would have though would have made huge meters and he didnt really.

Last edited:
I won’t, but a lot of people do. Broncos lost a ton of fans to the Thurston era Cowboys.
I nearly swapped to the Titans at the start of last season as our recruitment had gone downhill but also seem to have forgotten to look in Qld. Hopoate should never worn a Broncos jersey. It annoyed me we forced Hunt out before Milford.

It isn’t Milford’s fault, it’s just every Half and Coach he‘a been paired with since 2015 apparently.

He was the 2018 POTY in case you didn’t know.
I’ve heard, but I struggle to see how that means anything at all really now.

Unread

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.