Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Gee had his usual ordinary officiating performance but it was our mistakes that lost us the game. Every time Nui is near the ball my heart is in my mouth. He's a good runner of the ball but has terrible hands and his inevitable mistakes leads to points for the opposition. He's not an NRL standard fullback and we need TMM back in asap.

The whole team thought they just had to turn up to win and it showed. I hope Walters also gives up on Carrigan playing as a half and goes back to tucking the ball under his wing and taking the line on.

Brenko Lee back in for Mariner and Jensen needs to start with Flegler off the bench.

Among others, like droppping Jensen back to the bench last week, continuing to play Niu despite his obvious defensive deficiencies and a fit TMM. It’s not a slight on Mariner, I just don’t understand the timing, other than Kevvie expecting an easy win.

Clearly the entire outfit including Kevvie expected an easy win.....Lets hope they treat it as a wake up call rather than cracking the sooks about the refs.

That doesn't mean we should be throwing the baby out with the bathwater re: selections. Drop Niu for TMM and bench Flegler. That's it. I don't see why Mariner deserves to be dropped for Lee who is probably the slowest centre in the comp.

Clearly the entire outfit including Kevvie expected an easy win.....Lets hope they treat it as a wake up call rather than cracking the sooks about the refs.

That doesn't mean we should be throwing the baby out with the bathwater re: selections. Drop Niu for TMM and bench Flegler. That's it. I don't see why Mariner deserves to be dropped for Lee who is probably the slowest centre in the comp.
I don’t think Lee deserved to be dropped.

There was always going to be a game like this heading into finals. Long turn around, everyone saying that was going to be easy in and around the team, Kevvie’s selections essentially implying whether he meant it or not that this was a game to take lightly and a young team. This is the wake up call they needed. Chalk it up to stupidity and learn from it.

On Staggs teams are obviously doubling up on him in defence so that he can't get one on one with anybody. Him and Reynolds need to work something out to nullify this like Staggs receiving the ball taking a step towards the sideline to take the defenders with him then pass it straight back to an inside player as there would have to be a hole back on the inside somewhere..

Do you not think our 'powers to be ' should have been a wake up and been accordingly ready. **** me.
Not sure what you're trying to say here tbh. Should we have been ready for the game given last weeks' result? Absofuckinglutely, and our apparent taking this game as an easy win is unforgivable. This team should absolutely have been ready for a red-hot, scorned Tigers outfit seeking to 'make things right'. As well as officials also wanting to atone for previous mistakes. We were always going to get dudded by the officials tonight, you can look at all the posts on here since last Sunday evening saying that very thing.

If we were to win, we had to be on our game. And we were not, we took the win for granted like the Cows last week and unlike the Cows last week, it blew up in our faces. There's a valuable lesson there for all these guys, coaching staff included.

We hold onto the ball and kick better and not one person on the forum would be bagging the refs.

We sucked tonight and didn’t want it anywhere near as badly as the Tigers did and deserve to drop out of the top 4 on the back of that “effort”.

To hear Kevvie spew his rubbish in the press conference that he was happy with the effort...

That will do me.
Ahhh, mate, I don't really think he meant that 😁

I think we can guess what he is thinking. The entire loss could be put down to a sloppy middle which didn't make a consistent statement of intent. KW will challenge the forwards this week and we will see a brutal game next Thursday night I reckon. I believe KW when he says he's looking to it.

On Monday I think he'll tell them the past is just that and the Roosters are coming and they will belt us if we're not up for it. He might even say he's looking to see an attitude adjustment from a couple.

I think we will be okay because the team is structurally sound. It's all down to what the players individually believe. At this level it has ever been thus.

I just dont think its worth getting carried away with one bad performance.

Not yet, but now the players must cop it throughout the week about blowing the top 4 to the side running last. Whether or not they treat that as the kick in the ass they need is up to them.

I am embarrassed and sad. Imagine if I just turned up to work expecting everything just to happen and put zero effort in. I'd get sacked.

Absolutely abysmal performance. All the little things we have prided ourselves on this year we just didn't bother with tonight, zero kick pressure and slack kick chase. We didn't respect our opposition enough, we tried to go around them rather than through them.

The downsides to niu severely outways his somewhat threatening attack.

Now I've got to be depressed this week

Our 2 best game changers aren't even playing: TMM and Tyson Gamble. Niu's the main problem, his goal line defence is shit and he's shit at organising the team defence - something TMM is great at. Use Tyson Gamble as a utility player off the bench, he can cover: hooker, halves and become an extra play making prop.

A couple of things that were emblematic of our attitude towards this game - the decision to debut Mariner, while in itself certainly wasn’t a bad thing but the thinking behind it smelled of a team that believed this was a ‘cup cake’ spot to replace a bloke who’d been doing a sterling job and blood a rookie..

Also, Ezra Mam joining the crowd celebration after his try just stunk of a team that thought tonight’s win had been earned last Thursday at Commbank Stadium

Broncos kind of half arsed the NRLW team presentation. Just had them stand out on the field and said their name and that was it. A bit meh.

Fell asleep and missed the game, rewatched it spoiled free until the double movement try and turned it off. Pretty much the score I expected after that

Dogshit refereeing because Gee and subpar efforts all round

We need Lord Gamble back asap

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.