Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Culhwch

Culhwch

NRL Captain
Mar 28, 2008
The problem with the double movement rule is that it's written in such a way as to be vague enough for a subjective interpretation, which leads to inconsistency of application. The second and third paragraph really need to be tightened up so that they cannot be considered to be contradicting each other. The end of the third paragraph almost does this, but that comes after the second paragraph has been quite definitive about the illegality of promotion, without further clarification at that point.

The Tigers' player both promoted the ball, and had his momentum carry him into the in goal. Both sides of the argument have a good case per the rules as written, and there's a history of the rule being applied both ways. This is a large part of what makes following the NRL so frustrating.

Double Movement

A try will be awarded if:
‘a tackled player’s momentum carries him into the opponents’ in-goal where he grounds the
ball even if the ball has first touched the ground in the field of play’.

In the process of scoring a try, a player in possession must not promote the ball from the position
the ball has been grounded.

If the momentum of the player in possession carries him into the opponents in goal area, it will
not be a double movement if the ball would have finished over the goal line regardless of any
subsequent movement of the ball or the arm carrying the ball.

On the game itself - we were woeful, but we'd been finding a way to win these games recently. Not surprised to see one go against us, particularly not this one.

The year is far from done. We'll bounce back.

the_next

the_next

NRL Captain
Mar 9, 2018
I don't agree with this strategy of starting all our best forwards all at once. We need to have at least one of them on the bench, and for mine that's Flegler. Our bench rotation just isn't good enough to be all on field at the same time.
1000% this.
Fleggs back to the bench although I wouldnt be surprised if Patty misses the Rorters match.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
From the captain down we sucked. Get over it. We cop some shoddy deals from officialdom but tonight was not the case. Grow up.

If you don't like it put me on ignore or skip my post either way just stop bothering me

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
You guys know how one eyed I am when it comes to the Broncs, but you can't possibly blame the officiating for that. Objectively we were just garbage. One of our worst games all year.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
To much tinkering with the team
Martin to fullback, Lee to centres, gamble to the bench
Nui, mariner and Palasai out
Jensen to the front row and flegler back to the bench for some impact
They got a valuable lesson tonight, you have to turn up against every fucking team in this comp

N

nopatience101

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
They will look back at this game and rightfully regret how badly they butchered it. At home, looking to nail down a top 4 spot and we get dusted by the side coming last! It’s honestly inexcusable.

Foordy

Foordy

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 4, 2008
The problem with the double movement rule it's that is written in such a way as to be vague enough for a subjective interpretation, which leads to inconsistency of application. The second and third paragraph really need to be tightened up so that they cannot be considered to be contradicting each other. The end of the third paragraph almost does this, but that comes after the second paragraph has been quite definitive about the illegality of promotion, without further clarification at that point.

The Tigers' player both promoted the ball, and had his momentum carry him into the in goal. Both sides of the argument have a good case per the rules as written, and there's a history of the rule being applied both ways. This is a large part of what makes following the NRL so frustrating.

Double Movement

A try will be awarded if:
‘a tackled player’s momentum carries him into the opponents’ in-goal where he grounds the
ball even if the ball has first touched the ground in the field of play’.

In the process of scoring a try, a player in possession must not promote the ball from the position
the ball has been grounded.

If the momentum of the player in possession carries him into the opponents in goal area, it will
not be a double movement if the ball would have finished over the goal line regardless of any
subsequent movement of the ball or the arm carrying the ball.

On the game itself - we were woeful, but we'd been finding a way to win these games recently. Not surprised to see one go against us, particularly not this one.

The year is far from done. We'll bounce back.

IMO, when he used the ball carrying arm it also propelled his torso into the in goal

Manofoneway

Manofoneway

NRL Player
May 22, 2022
One shit game. No team changes unless through injury or suspension. Fix it up and move onto next week.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
You mean like last week where the team running 2nd rightfully should have lost to the same team?

But they didn't lose, did they? Even if you take the bullshit call out of it, the Cows stayed in touch with the Tigers enough to steal it. We did not. We lost by 18.

Dee

Dee

QCup Player
Apr 30, 2010
They will look back at this game and rightfully regret how badly they butchered it. At home, looking to nail down a top 4 spot and we get dusted by the side coming last! It’s honestly inexcusable.
Absolutely inexcusable. It boggles my mind how some on here are cool and accepting of this loss. We are 4th/5th, the Tigers are almost last, we had a 10 day turn around, they had a 5 day turnaround, we practically had a full squad. At home.

There were zero excuses and that's what we dish up? Teams going as good as us simply do not lose games against the bottom feeders if we are the real deal and especially with us fighting to secure a top 4 spot....

I am fuming. That was honestly pathetic and just so deflating after the year we've been having. Lost for words why we'd play like that. Embarrassed is an understatement.

Volvo Driver

Volvo Driver

QCup Player
Jul 9, 2020
Even if they did, that doesn't justify a potential top 4 side losing at home to the side running last. It just doesn't.
Yep, can't blame the officials on Reynold's poor kicking tonight. Not just the kicks going dead and giving the Tigers 7 tackle sets but also a few grubbers that went sprightly to the opposition.

Can't blame the officials for the horrible errors all night.

I've calmed down a bit but with Reynold's off the boil Mam went completely missing in the 2nd half. Like completely.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
I don't agree with this strategy of starting all our best forwards all at once. We need to have at least one of them on the bench, and for mine that's Flegler. Our bench rotation just isn't good enough to be all on field at the same time.
And then leaving palasia on the bench until the 75th minute. Makes no sense.

Active Now

• Mick_Hancock
  • bb_gun
  • Old Mate
  • lynx000
  • Allo
  • Skyblues87
  • Stix
  • broncos4life
  • Waynesaurus
  • Accept
  • Bucking Beads
  • Sproj
  • Big Del
  • Maddy
  • Manofoneway
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.