Round 20 - Broncos vs Storm - Post Match Discussion

Not really.

You'll stubbornly stick with it because it's convenient and a sound-bite answer.

Does anyone think their might be a problem fitness? Our line speed seems a lot slower then early in the season. Poor line speed and an undersized forward pack is a fatal combination.

No, their problem is discipline. They don't have an authority figure ANYWHERE in the coaching staff that will get in their face and make them know that they fucked up.

I went into the game quite confident about winning and to not click at any time and put in a disappointing performance was very disappointing. The service from dummy half and general gameplay sucked and the 30-8 score was a fair indication on how clinical the Storm were.

Despite the loss I was comforted by the fact that Sterlo was backing up some of my opinions, it's great having him in your corner.

Rushed last tackle options, I wonder why...

Hopefully you think long and hard about it too.

There's more than just one answer.

My answer is a large part of the problem.

Not really.

You'll stubbornly stick with it because it's convenient and a sound-bite answer.

LOL ....love these non-verbal, elephant in the room type jousts. :laugh:

I have two answers.....the service from dummy half was atrocious and I think Hunt seriously opts out of the play when the team needs their halfback to take control.

So much for the boys coming out and playing for the coach they love :rofl:, out enthused, out played and out coached

THANK **** HES GOOOOONE,

For now id be content with the water boy, one of the cheerleaders or Kearney, (in that order)

Just out of curiosity, why do we even take the shoot at goal after we score?

Respect.

I didn't renew after six years of membership having to watch those types of losses every home game last year. This was a classic 2013 clanger of a game.

Definitely understand mate.

Was a season ticket holder myself from 2006-09 until finances, scheduling and the direction of the team lead to our group putting the kabosh on it.

Only attended the odd game from 2010-13 but can only imagine the level of frustration you would have felt.

Easy to forget about the logistics of going to a game. The amount of time and effort it takes just to get to the game, never mind being seated next to the odd loon who either talks way too loudly or the odd wannabe stadium librarian who gets cranky whenever you attempt to get into cheering.

Factor in all of that with being stuck with nothing to do but watch the game is rough.

While I don't hold it against anybody who chooses to stay home in the comfort of their own living room to watch the game, I feel like if you attend the game, you've really earned the right to have your say about the team.

Definitely understand mate.

Was a season ticket holder myself from 2006-09 until finances, scheduling and the direction of the team lead to our group putting the kabosh on it.

Only attended the odd game from 2010-13 but can only imagine the level of frustration you would have felt.

Easy to forget about the logistics of going to a game. The amount of time and effort it takes just to get to the game, never mind being seated next to the odd loon who either talks way too loudly or the odd wannabe stadium librarian who gets cranky whenever you attempt to get into cheering.

Factor in all of that with being stuck with nothing to do but watch the game is rough.

While I don't hold it against anybody who chooses to stay home in the comfort of their own living room to watch the game, I feel like if you attend the game, you've really earned the right to have your say about the team.

Had that tonight. He was an asshole. Why go to a footy game if you can't handle it? Idiots...

The question is why those negatives after what was a pretty good performance the week before.

I wonder what is going on in the the players' minds that can explain such a below par performance so soon after a pretty good one.

It baffles me, and again, next week will show what this team is made of, if it has any heart.
The events this week after that big game last week took their toll.
Add to that some horrible reffing, the worst game ever from a half in Broncos colours, disgusting ruck defense and a team that knows when to take advantage of everything that is given to them... the result is 8-30.

A lot has been said tonight, and a lot of it fair, like that abhorrent bench and its use, the shocking defensive display by Gillett, the unbelievable try save from Hoffman, the overall lack of structure both in attack and defense, but also the good display of our left side with Barba, Copley and Kahu playing a pretty good game.

What really takes the cake though, is how all the Bennett lovers/Griffin haters gleefully gloated about a Broncos defeat to push their point. Probably helps them sleep better tonight...

Just out of curiosity, why do we even take the shoot at goal after we score?

Well according to Paul White we are a completely professional club and there are no issues with goal-kicking (nor any other facets of our play) so like "shut up. What would you know? Are you an NRL 'professional'? No, I didn't think so. There is nothing wrong with the fact that we kick poorly week in week out and that it often costs us games, because our opponents don't..."

On a serious note, I guess it suck up a few seconds during which our opposition cannot test our pathetic defensive structure...

Does Jared Maxwell know the meaning of a professional foul?

Do the video referees know you can't deliberately hold a player off the ball even under the (poorly constructed) guise of playing for the ball?

Not blaming the refs in the slightest but what I am saying is that Maxwell is useless and the video referees aren't much better.

Was out tonight, recorded the game, just watched the replay. I got through the entire game in about 60 minutes, I get pissed every time we make an error and just fast forward the Storm's next set of 6.

From what I saw;

- Hunt was awful, I counted about 10 terrible decisions and errors from him, one of his worst performances.
- Barba was decent, still unbelievably slow compared to 2012, literally no kicking game either.
- Hoffman was meh, couple of decent defensive plays, couple of very ordinary ones as well.
- Copley & Kahu were good, hopefully the combination is there next week.
- Parker's goal kicking was literally vomit worthy and is costing us games.
- Reed & Oates? Did they play? What was the point of that, I counted 2 runs from each of them.
- S̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶G̶r̶i̶f̶f̶i̶n̶

Does Jared Maxwell know the meaning of a professional foul?

Do the video referees know you can't deliberately hold a player off the ball even under the (poorly constructed) guise of playing for the ball?

Not blaming the refs in the slightest but what I am saying is that Maxwell is useless and the video referees aren't much better.

If it weren't for the Rorters no try, that would've been the worst ref moment of last night, and probably the whole round.

odd wannabe stadium librarian who gets cranky whenever you attempt to get into cheering.

Is this really a thing? I've never experienced that. Lucky me I spose. I sit where all the week by week away supporters sit, so there is usually a lot of heckling and bias shit being spewed out. I always seem to end up on tv though, so that's cool.

This fucking ****.....

tumblr_l74402qimV1qzr2iro1_r1_400.gif

...wanted to punch him all fucking night...

So much.

I could have copped it if it was just after a try, but all the had to do was a half decent tackle and the bastard was off again

The events this week after that big game last week took their toll.
Add to that some horrible reffing, the worst game ever from a half in Broncos colours, disgusting ruck defense and a team that knows when to take advantage of everything that is given to them... the result is 8-30.

A lot has been said tonight, and a lot of it fair, like that abhorrent bench and its use, the shocking defensive display by Gillett, the unbelievable try save from Hoffman, the overall lack of structure both in attack and defense, but also the good display of our left side with Barba, Copley and Kahu playing a pretty good game.

What really takes the cake though, is how all the Bennett lovers/Griffin haters gleefully gloated about a Broncos defeat to push their point. Probably helps them sleep better tonight...

Haha mate, you're a funny ****

I slept great actually, thanks for asking. Mind you I think I would have slept well despite the gloating, it's been a big week

Last edited:
Just about our whole team played their worst games of the year. Gee the defence was poor. Hunt had his worst game of the year which is a shame. He will learn from it.

It the same problem we had last year and is even worse this year...we have no forwards bending the line or hurting teams in defence...Every time we play a powerful pack they bend us back until we break up the middle and eventually by the end of the game we unrabble...you cant have a pack made up of backrowers and expect to hang with the better teams..to add to that we have no starch coming off the bench ether. we cant do to much about it this year unless hala, molo, kennedy all of a sudden change their game for us or maybe we give one of them a solid shot at doing something for us in the front row instead of running small back rowers as a rotation for 80 mins and trying to hang in there.

It the same problem we had last year and is even worse this year...we have no forwards bending the line or hurting teams in defence...Every time we play a powerful pack they bend us back until we break up the middle and eventually by the end of the game we unrabble...you cant have a pack made up of backrowers and expect to hang with the better teams..to add to that we have no starch coming off the bench ether. we cant do to much about it this year unless hala, molo, kennedy all of a sudden change their game for us or maybe we give one of them a solid shot at doing something for us in the front row instead of running small back rowers as a rotation for 80 mins and trying to hang in there.

Hang on mate we had jack reed there, his defense was invaluable

Active Now

• Porthoz
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.