Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Darius Boyd's stats v storm
2 runs for 7 metres
2 post contact metres
4 missed tackles
1 kick for 0 metres
Gee what a genius idea moving him to 5/8 so he can shore up the defensive line as he was embarassing enough at fullback.

What is the point of having him in the team seriously... the board needs to be reviewed as well if it’s true they instructed Boyd can’t be dropped due to his pay. The problem now is Milford is still attacking in the halves when we need him to be wider running the sweep play or hitting holes that a normal half would be conducting. Both our centres and wingers are now also now going cold because all our attack stifled by the whole Boyd situation. This is a complete mess and I pray our actual young halves get back on the field soon

When Lodge fired up Finuacanne at the scrum I was hoping that would put some mongrel into our guy but they just looked timid, especially Lodge when he backed away. KNew we were going to get smashed then .
I think to beat the storm it more a mental game , you have to think f#%k them , you have to be angry and want to run harder then them. They are just to clinical and 4 up and kick not going to cut it.

Last edited:
When Lodge fired up Finuacanne at the scrum I was hoping that would put some mongrel into our guy but they just looked timid, especially Lodge when he backed away. KNew we were going to get smashed then .
I think to beat the storm it more a mental game , you have to think f#%k them , you have to be angry and want to run harder then them. They are just to clinical and 4 up and kick not going to cut it.

As soon as we kicked out off the kickoff the game was over. We do it every fucking game. Staggs and/or Isaako need to be dropped on that basis alone the next time it happens. No excuses

Heheh, yeah good luck with that.

I know......as long as the NRL turn a fuckin blind eye, we are prone to witness our & many teams frustration playing against them cheaters.
I hope we learned our lessons from the loss and build on it.

Last edited:
As soon as we kicked out off the kickoff the game was over. We do it every fucking game. Staggs and/or Isaako need to be dropped on that basis alone the next time it happens. No excuses
I agree that those two kick offs basically ruined our chances of competing but dropping staggs is such a dumb idea. Just get someone else to kick off. You could see it messed with his head too but most of his so called defensive lapses were caused by not being released to make up the numbers by his inside back rower and half.

I'm happy to move on from that cluster ****. Looked like we were pumped for a big game but nothing went right and we were never coming back after the amount of possession they had in the first half.

We've made some good progress over the last few weeks, so really important we don't drop our bundle as we need to finish the season strongly moving into next year. By the way, Storm can suck my left nut.

Also our starting forwards made around 140 and 150m which is still a top effort. Our bench was basically useless Offa topping the run metres at around 60. Missed tackles across the board were a problem but also a result of being on the back foot for the entire first half and defending against Melbourne for 70% of the time. Haha Siebold here's your stats bro. So it actually wasn't the broncos fault. It was Melbourne's for hogging the ball.

Just watched the presser. Seibs looked pretty cut. Think he'll tear some of these guys a new arsehole over the next few days.

Just watched the presser. Seibs looked pretty cut. Think he'll tear some of these guys a new arsehole over the next few days.
He wants to start by telling Boyd to take the rest of the season off to think hard about his future as the way he's playing he's more of a liability than a leader.

Siebs needs to make the same call Benny did with Wally and give him the tap on the shoulder.

What I saw last night at the game was a bunch of largely inexperienced kids up against a big and fast well drilled Rugby League team fine tuning for a grand final appearance.

Make no mistake, this is directly the result of a decade of incompetence by our recruitment and retention department nothing more. We either sit back and wait till experience is gained or go to the market and buy some.

Preferably sourced by our 'new' recruitment and retention department.

Last edited:
I agree that those two kick offs basically ruined our chances of competing but dropping staggs is such a dumb idea. Just get someone else to kick off. You could see it messed with his head too but most of his so called defensive lapses were caused by not being released to make up the numbers by his inside back rower and half.

It happens every fucking game though. Someone has to cop a consequence other than our scoreboard

This is true. You need to disrespect them. Especially cam smith. Push him in the back when he isn’t looking. They certainly don’t respect anyone else. There needs to be lots of niggle off the ball and big heavy hits in defence. Suncorp is too much of a second home to Melbourne unfortunately. Cam Smith isn’t a Queenslander anymore, he should be boo’d for his antics.

The rebuilding phase rhetoric came out when we were going backwards fast, then came the nonsense about not being cap compliant. I wonder what’s next.

Don't forget young players!

Darius Boyd's stats v storm
2 runs for 7 metres
2 post contact metres
4 missed tackles
1 kick for 0 metres
Gee what a genius idea moving him to 5/8 so he can shore up the defensive line as he was embarassing enough at fullback.

TBF, the storm identified our right side is garbage in defence and attacked that side constantly. Boyd wasnt on the right.

Biggest mistake we made this year i still think was letting go of Moose. I still think we have gone too hard on using young guys this year and we just lack a couple of solid, get the job done type of performers like Stagg or Reed.
[automerge]1564787038[/automerge]
And he still missed 4 tackles

So did plenty of others, weird how its only an issue with Boyd.

Last edited:

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • ell.d33
  • mrslong
  • MrRobot
  • Bucking Beads
  • Lostboy
  • Midean
  • Big Del
  • Brotherdu
  • Tim K
  • Galah
  • Jedhead
  • Brocko
  • Hurrijo
  • KateBroncos1812
  • phoenix
  • Footy Fanatic
  • azza.79
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.