vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
The ability to show up consistently to every game and not drop games to poor teams is a big element of being a top 4 side and it seems maybe we're just maybe a whisker away from being at that level this year.

However, our destiny is still in our hands (since we play Storm and Eels to finish the year), so we should still have our sights firmly set on finishing the season as strongly as we can and hoping its enough to slip into 4th.

If we lose to the Roosters this week, then we will go from in the hunt for a top 4 spot, to flat out battling to make the 8... that's how little there is in it this year with the big logjam of teams just below us - This game is really critical.

Is 2022 going to be a season where we overachieved, got hot in the middle of the year and then came crashing down to earth down the stretch to only just scrape into the 8?

or

Is it going to be a season we really announced ourselves as genuine contenders and laid the foundations for a serious top 4 / premiership run next season?

This game is going to be instrumental in determining the story of our season. We need to be out for blood after being embarrassed by a reserve grade level team last week and put the Roosters to the sword to get back on track for our run into year end.

Do the boys want it enough or are they battered, exhausted and merely content with no longer being cellar-dwellers?

I hate the god damn cheating, entitled, whinging, pathetic Roosters and I want to see us destroy them... really hoping we see a big turnaround.

PS. how are the Rorters currently favourites??
To why are a roosters favourites...
- game is in Syd (have we ever won at the SCG?)
- We're losing Carrigan for a fee games.
- Roosters are on a mini roll with most of their squad back, we just lost to the Tigers.

In saying all that:
Broncos 78 - Roosters 0

To why are a roosters favourites...
- game is in Syd (have we ever won at the SCG?)
- We're losing Carrigan for a fee games.
- Roosters are on a mini roll with most of their squad back, we just lost to the Tigers.

In saying all that:
Broncos 78 - Roosters 0
We played at the SCG last year when we won against the Rorters.

Rorters are on good form at the moment, this would be a good test to show we are the real deal.

We’re 4 point underdogs and coming off an ass kicking.. so all the ingredients for a A grade performance are there

1. Martin
2. Cobbo
3. Niu
4. Staggs
5. Oates
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Flegler
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Gamble
16. Jensen
17. Palasia

18. Mariner

We played at the SCG last year when won against the Rorters.

Rorters are on good form at the moment, this would be a good test to show we are the real deal.
I wouldn't quite say that. They lost four in a row then beat, Dragons, Knights and a reserve grade Manly, just BUT once they put a solid 60mins together they'll be dangerous. I'm having nightmares already on what Teddy will do to our passive defensive line.

While the Tigers were bottom of the ladder, they should have won against the Cowboys. They aren't completely useless.

1. Martin
2. Cobbo
3. Niu
4. Staggs
5. Oates
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Flegler
9. Walters
10. Haas
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix
15. Gamble
16. Jensen
17. Palasia

18. Mariner

Staggs had better up his game .
Not impressing me again lately . Big miss in defence led to a try . Not scoring , not assisting .

Tesi is individually better in attack but TMM makes his outside men better players in attack
same try assists , tesi more tries , tesi double the running metres , tmm more LBA and tesi more line breaks and tackle busts , tmm more tackles and tackle efficiency.
both 9 games

same try assists , tesi more tries , tesi double the running metres , tmm more LBA and tesi more line breaks and tackle busts , tmm more tackles and tackle efficiency.
both 9 games
And most importantly TMM more wins. 7 out of 9, compared to 4 out of 9.

Well since it doesn’t appear we’ve got Walsh and even being a Tesi fan, I want TMM back at fullback. Reynolds clearly needs some experienced help in the spine and TMM also provides defense which you need in finals.

both 9 games
I think we get slighty better ball movement out of TMM as he gets the ball more to our outside men allowing them to be the strike or creating more space/taking pressure off Adam, where as Tesi is creating the opportunities for himself making him the strike player with the line breaks and tackle busts etc.

Cobbo - 12 tries TMM 0 Nui
Oates - 10 TMM 7 Nui
Herbie - 6 TMM 4 Nui
Staggs - 1 TMM 4 Nui
Hoeter - 3 tries Nui no games TMM
pereira - 1 each

Reactions: 007
Well since it doesn’t appear we’ve got Walsh and even being a Tesi fan, I want TMM back at fullback. Reynolds clearly needs some experienced help in the spine and TMM also provides defense which you need in finals.
This. Our spine is so young. They’re starting to feel the heat and it’s effecting Reynolds’ game as he’s trying to force his hand too much. TMM and gamble give the opposition more to think about.

We'll put in a better performance in this match.

Last week was us playing at their level, which is something we do quite often with weaker teams. We'll put in a better performance against the Roosters because we can't take them lightly. So the boys will put in a performance that will reflect that.

If we play the way we have been for most of the year, we'll win this.

Staggs had better up his game .
Not impressing me again lately . Big miss in defence led to a try . Not scoring , not assisting .
I actually think in attack Staggs has been trying to get more involved with dummy half runs and coming looking for the ball some more. This needs to improve again but it is headed in the right direction.

I'm hoping once we have Cobbo back their combo will work again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• sooticus
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.