PRE-GAME [Round 21, 2024] Broncos vs Bulldogs

Call me shocked. I hope he actually plays on the edge to prove me wrong. He’s a good footballer but his value to the team isn’t great if he can’t be our back row fill in
Watch my boy Kobe cut fools in half and play his ass off this weekend. I’m also thinking anytime tryscorer (gamble responsibly)
You heard it here first!

Radio said that all Origin players were given the option to take the day off. The others declined. I don't mind Haas taking it up, helps heal the niggling injury.

Not sure putting Cobbo closer to the sideline is a smart idea. I'm keen to see Mozer's crisp passing out wide tear the dog's defence apart.
Dogs are much improved with Critter in their side. Will be a tough game but if we manage to stem the early dropped ball syndrome I'm confident we can win this comfortably.

Would be nice to see the opposition gassed after 20 minutes due to lack of ball.

Not sure putting Cobbo closer to the sideline is a smart idea. I'm keen to see Mozer's crisp passing out wide tear the dog's defence apart.
Dogs are much improved with Critter in their side. Will be a tough game but if we manage to stem the early dropped ball syndrome I'm confident we can win this comfortably.

Would be nice to see the opposition gassed after 20 minutes due to lack of ball.
I definitely agree with you there. Cobbo was a real threat on the wing and Mariner is definitely improving in the centres. Giving Mozer some game time is a great move too. His potential is there, he just needs his opportunity.

Radio said that all Origin players were given the option to take the day off. The others declined. I don't mind Haas taking it up, helps heal the niggling injury.

Also what is niggling about his injury ?
He had a key hole operation . Then a month off in recovery .

He played very well in Origin and again last week ? What makes you think he has a niggle ?

Also what is niggling about his injury ?
He had a key hole operation . Then a month off in recovery .

He played very well in Origin and again last week ? What makes you think he has a niggle ?
Yea I'm thinking it's probably more something of a mental rest. Been a pretty crazy year for Hass, and from all reports he has a lot of responsibilities in his personal life. Helps to take a day off sometimes.

Yea I'm thinking it's probably more something of a mental rest. Been a pretty crazy year for Hass, and from all reports he has a lot of responsibilities in his personal life. Helps to take a day off sometimes.

Yep .
Mental health break was the way I interpreted it .

Beside the first 2 rounds, the Bulldogs have been competitive in every single game. We're really going to need to take it up a level (from the Knights match) to beat them.

They've got a great defensive system going, and Burton's boot really helps their field possession. I think we'll need to chance it a bit and attack from our own half. I don't think being too safe will work out.

Bulldogs haven't beaten us since 2019... nice.

We need to play as we did after 20 mins of the Knights game. Keep the ball in play, build some pressure and fatigue so that players like Mariner, Walsh, Arthars can play football.

Our forward pack and outside backs will dominate this game.

Bulldogs haven't beaten us since 2019... nice.
Yeah but they have been trash the last few years so it isn't really a surprise although I thought they might have beaten us in our spoon year (nearly everyone did).
Still they are starting to build now and are on the rise. They will beat us one day but hopefully not this year we really need these 2 points if we're going to make a run at the 8 this year.

Yeah but they have been trash the last few years so it isn't really a surprise although I thought they might have beaten us in our spoon year (nearly everyone did).
Still they are starting to build now and are on the rise. They will beat us one day but hopefully not this year we really need these 2 points if we're going to make a run at the 8 this year.
Close enough, the last loss was right before the record loss against Parramatta in the 2019 Final. It was one of those games where it seemed like only a couple of players bothered to turn up - Lodge in particular had a shocking game. So it may as well get lumped into that 2020 period.

It's not like the Broncos blew them away in their other performances either. 2021 was one of the ugliest wins in club history - it wasn't until Isaako blew the game open in the final quarter that the Broncos were able to put them away. Both 2022 games were pretty tense, from memory Rhys Kennedy produced his best performance in Broncos colours and the game seemingly turned when he came on.

Well that and Kiraz who had only just debuted not long before had to come from the field despite playing really well in the opening stanza.

Last year ended up being a dominant win, but it was a high scoring affair until Sexton had to come from the field and Preston bombed a pivotal try. It was one of those twelve point turn-arounds where Brisbane started racking up try after try. Cobbo also earned an honorable mention as far as worst ever sin-bins are concerned.

Close enough, the last loss was right before the record loss against Parramatta in the 2019 Final. It was one of those games where it seemed like only a couple of players bothered to turn up - Lodge in particular had a shocking game. So it may as well get lumped into that 2020 period.

It's not like the Broncos blew them away in their other performances either. 2021 was one of the ugliest wins in club history - it wasn't until Isaako blew the game open in the final quarter that the Broncos were able to put them away. Both 2022 games were pretty tense, from memory Rhys Kennedy produced his best performance in Broncos colours and the game seemingly turned when he came on.

Well that and Kiraz who had only just debuted not long before had to come from the field despite playing really well in the opening stanza.

Last year ended up being a dominant win, but it was a high scoring affair until Sexton had to come from the field and Preston bombed a pivotal try. It was one of those twelve point turn-arounds where Brisbane started racking up try after try. Cobbo also earned an honorable mention as far as worst ever sin-bins are concerned.

Oh yeah, that was the Dogs game which had a bit of everything and nothing all at the same time. Cobbo also played in the forwards from memory.

Oh yeah, that was the Dogs game which had a bit of everything and nothing all at the same time. Cobbo also played in the forwards from memory.
No origin players that game, but Reynolds (like usual) was in everything. Should have won by more.

We also rested all the origin players for that one didnt we??

I know Patty got a break.

I recall Reynolds dominating that game... it was also the one where Mahoney got shitty at Billiam for doing try July.

The Cobbo sin bin was the most bullshit sin bin ever. Old mate got knocked out collecting Cobbo's knee because he was running over the top of him.

We also rested all the origin players for that one didnt we??

I know Patty got a break.

I recall Reynolds dominating that game... it was also the one where Mahoney got shitty at Billiam for doing try July.

The Cobbo sin bin was the most bullshit sin bin ever. Old mate got knocked out collecting Cobbo's knee because he was running over the top of him.
The Origin players were in camp (Brisbane received two of those games last year) and since Cobbo missed Game II through injury, they opted to leave him out of the dead rubber as well.

That's right, it was clear sign that Mahoney was well and truly rattled. Pretty sure Mahoney started OK as well, set up a try with a 'flat' pass to Preston from memory. It seemed like he was going to be a point of difference, only for Billy to outplay him.

It reminded me a lot of the Dragons game from earlier in the season. If the ball had have bounced right for Lomax, they would have had the lead and all the momentum. Instead it's a seven tackle set, Brisbane took an opportunity than Haas went full beast mode with Walsh running riot off the back of it.

Active Now

• bb_gun
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Ronald
  • Dash
  • winslow_wong
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Browny
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Dee
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Harry Sack
  • The Don
  • marw
  • Shane Tronc
  • pennywisealfie
  • Dreaglor
  • BroncosAlways
  • Redfern_1980
... and 17 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.