POST GAME [Round 21, 2024] Broncos vs Bulldogs

Definitely worth a watch. Not a standard loss, it was pure out coaching. Ciraldo had clearly done his homework and identified weaknesses which they relentlessly exploited the whole game with basically no adjustments being made by our team or our coach.

Most the other losses has just been a typical loss. This was a styles match up that resulted in a unanimous decision.

Not that other teams needed any help beating us, but if they did, Ciraldo just wrote the manual on it.

The thing is all week Kev spoke about going forward and they trained to go forward and use momentum through the middle. Kev spoke about pouring through the middle first using Payne and Pat first.

They got out there and went side to side.

The thing is all week Kev spoke about going forward and they trained to go forward and use momentum through the middle. Kev spoke about pouring through the middle first using Payne and Pat first.

So they’re not listening to the coach or are too dumb to play the most basic plan imaginable

Would Peter Wallace fit the old boys' criteria or does it need to be some relic from the 80s/90s? Seems like he's been a pretty good assistant at riff for a long while now

Would Peter Wallace fit the old boys' criteria or does it need to be some relic from the 80s/90s? Seems like he's been a pretty good assistant at riff for a long while now
It’s all good wanting blokes to come here but they’ve gotta want to relocate for one.

Most teams have structure. We look clueless.

Most teams have damaging back rowers. We misuse ours.

Most teams have a back 5 that get yardage out of trouble. We make 10m in 3 hit ups.

Staggs only plays well when he’s got the shits.

Cobbo looks like he got plucked out of the crowd to make the numbers.

Has Kevvie lost the players? Sure likes like it. But hey as long as they get likes/shares and followers it’s all good.
Part of me thinks kevvie actually never had the players, if Cobbo was saying he isn’t a good coach, that’s come from other players. He doesn’t have the intellect to come up with that all on his own.

I think Maguire is by far the standout, and I think we need that hard nose hard working coach, not someone trying to be your mate. These players have been cuddled for too long.
He’s found his niche in International or origin coaching imo.

Please stop going to games.
I was there in 2006 too if that makes you feel any better.
I only go to a fraction of the games that I used to. But I certainly wasn’t going to miss the chance to see a grand final win.
We could lose 10 more grand finals and I would still go to every one.

The morning after the night before……. And I’m even more upset Than I was, especially after the presser…. Kev has no answers, doesn’t know how to fix it.

That tells you all you need to know.

Was watching the feed in the shed after the game and he looked completely lost. Stood there with his arms folded. He should be kicking chairs and throwing things around the room, getting into peoples faces, where’s the hurt? Where’s the anger? Where’s the desire?

I don't know much about running a sporting team, but I know this for certain: if a player isn't listening to the coach, you get rid of that player; if the team isn't listening to the coach, you get rid of that coach.

I feel like he’s gotta play in the halves. One of his best attributes is his kicking game.
I've had those thoughts as well. He defends better in the line than he does at fullback, has a massive boot and he is dominant enough to order the forwards around. Maybe a 7 when Reyno goes?

In our first attacking raid Billy threw that hail Mary pass to no one and I knew it was going to be a long day. His weak attempt at a 40/20 sums him up to a Tee. His game is close enough but just not good enough. Why he was retained in the team and Smoothy dropped is ridiculous. Kev says in the presser he's just not sure why the team is flat. I tell you why....they are all sick and fuckin tired of you allowing your son to make a God awful mess of our attack.

Seriously, when Haas feels he needs to kick for himself on the third tackle you just know he has lost faith in the service he's getting.

Cobbo has been rag-dolled for the last 6 weeks and seriously needs to be rested until such times as he's physically and mentally healed. A good coach would have identified this at least 3 weeks ago.

The obvious unbalanced make-up of the team is a serious problem especially when our back-row stocks are non-existent and we have 4 -Four - IV - 1111 hookers on the books.

Look, even if having his son is not a problem because he is a great player the fact there is the chance that other players can perceive his selection as nepotism is enough for me to say get rid of him and he should never have been there from the start. If his game was as good as Cleary's is week in week out there would be no issues. But this year he has been utter shite.

If Kev had agreed he was not going to make it, swallowed his pride and let him go we might have had at least one more backrower. Instead he has caused us all sorts of headaches. The biggest pain though is Kev says each week in his pressers "I'm not sure why the team is flat".

Kev is great a guy and a brilliant father, but it's plainly obvious now he's not got what it takes to be a first class NRL coach.

To serve that shitshow up in front of a packed Lang park is just embarrassing.

What else do you want in a fullback?
For starters how about defending in the correct position? Also not wanting to score off every play. We can also through reduce error counts in there to if you like. Also I wouldn't mind my fullback running for an offload from a prop....

We can't sign a player for over 1.4m because 14 year old girls like him.

For starters how about defending in the correct position? Also not wanting to score off every play. We can also through reduce error counts in there to if you like. Also I wouldn't mind my fullback running for an offload from a prop....

We can't sign a player for over 1.4m because 14 year old girls like him.
Seriously 1.4m for Walsh will cripple us beyond belief.
You can’t put a winning team around him if you do that and he’s no where near the impact player to play up to that contract.
I’ll be sick if that happens.

The morning after the night before……. And I’m even more upset Than I was, especially after the presser…. Kev has no answers, doesn’t know how to fix it.

That tells you all you need to know.

Was watching the feed in the shed after the game and he looked completely lost. Stood there with his arms folded. He should be kicking chairs and throwing things around the room, getting into peoples faces, where’s the hurt? Where’s the anger? Where’s the desire?

Dont be sad mate, you lot managed to scrape past Walsall in a friendly game! Its not all bad!

Active Now

• Culhwch
  • broncos4life
  • Foordy
  • Sproj
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Dash
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • Redfern_1980
  • Broncosgirl
  • Xzei
  • Spooky1013
  • Brocko
  • Waynesaurus
  • levikaden
  • Bucking Beads
  • Battler
  • azza.79
  • Manifesto
  • Locky's Left Boot
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.