Round 21 - Broncos vs Sea Eagles - Pre-Match Discussion

broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
and we all know you do want him back... but bringing him back means getting used to his selections. and players like Reed, Stagg and Lowrie are exactly they type of players that make Bennett coached teams every week, regardless of form. (although if it was Bennett naming players like Reed, Stagg and Lowrie, it would obviously be a good move)

Yes I do want him back, but that's besides the point, how does that have anything to do with the 'rd 21 broncos vs sea eagles pre-match discussion' thread?

C

Cronos

Banned User
Jul 22, 2014
and we all know you do want him back... but bringing him back means getting used to his selections. and players like Reed, Stagg and Lowrie are exactly they type of players that make Bennett coached teams every week, regardless of form. (although if it was Bennett naming players like Reed, Stagg and Lowrie, it would obviously be a good move)

Stick to the topic Foordy, your dogged defence of possibly the worst first grade coach in history is growing tiresome.

Porthoz

Porthoz

International Captain
Senior Staff
Feb 27, 2010
*Shakes finger*

On the Reed selection, I'll be quite surprised if he doesn't play a bit of centre....
I wonder, as he will be playing on Hodgo's side.

Like BP said, it's ridiculous besides being unfair on Kahu, who has done a very good job in the last 2 games and doesn't deserve the demotion.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
It is just another nail in the coffin for Hook. He has shown he is not fair dinkum by putting Reed on the wing IMO.

Danoz Direct

Danoz Direct

NRL Captain
Oct 12, 2013
I would choose Kahu ahead of Reed at centre or wing.

Harry Sack

Harry Sack

International Rep
Forum Staff
Jun 12, 2013
I wonder, as he will be playing on Hodgo's side.

Like BP said, it's ridiculous besides being unfair on Kahu, who has done a very good job in the last 2 games and doesn't deserve the demotion.

Hadn't even looked at that. Just thought given Copley had taken his spot he'd stay on the same side. Interesting,

Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
Vidot has been playing on the right before coming here, I could see them swapping.

rnabokov

rnabokov

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
Someone sizeable with good defence would be nice against Taufua. I think Reed is an ok selection if he marks up on Taufua, and he is good under the high ball, and combines well with Hunt (or Barba) chasing their short kicks behind their line.

I also missed Vidot's kick returns. Nothing like an extra prop bringing the ball back. Every time he gets the ball, I am keen to see how many tacklers it takes to bring him down. Thing is, that's exactly when you need a quick play the ball so it can get out to the edges asap.

For mine, quick play the balls and getting Barba and Hunt to set up the edges, or get it to Copley or Hodges asap is the key to winning this, along with same sort of line speed in defence we showed in patches against the Warriors.

IMO, when we play our best football, we play a lot like Manly.

This is winnable. So ... JUST WIN FFS!

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Team List:

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Dale Copley
4 Justin Hodges ©
5 Jack Reed
6 Ben Barba
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Corey Parker ©
11 Alex Glenn
12 Matt Gillett
13 Sam Thaiday

Interchange
14 Jake Granville
15 Todd Lowrie
16 Ben Hannant
17 Corey Oates
18 Martin Kennedy

Once again, 1 prop on bench.

As for Reed, he has been shit defensively against average players all season. Now he is going to mark up against one of the best wingers in the game? That's going to end well...

Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Israel wouldn't have been much faster than Reed.

post-31074-J-Jonah-Jameson-laughing-gif-S-NWLY.gif

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Reed on the wing is a huge joke.

Why is it so bad, because he is too 'slow'? I'm willing to give him a game or two there and if he fails he fails. Personally I think a few members here might be left with egg on their face.

Old Mate

Old Mate

NRL Player
Jul 5, 2008
Yeah because there were never massive criticisms of his speed in the past and there were never articles back when he was playing with us where he talked about trying to fix it. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Unbreakable

Unbreakable

International Rep
Contributor
May 21, 2013
Yeah because there were never massive criticisms of his speed in the past and there were never articles back when he was playing with us where he talked about trying to fix it. :rolleyes:

Israel could've been running around 10kg's overweight and coming off a double knee reconstruction and would probably still be faster than Reed, it's not even comparable, have you seen him in Union?

Marty Deutschmann

Marty Deutschmann

NRL Captain
Oct 23, 2013
Once again, 1 prop on bench.

As for Reed, he has been shit defensively against average players all season. Now he is going to mark up against one of the best wingers in the game? That's going to end well...

Are you serious? ? Reed is one of the better edge defenders we have when he's not carrying a dislocated shoulder. . Did you not see the defensive work he did on jamie lyon last game? He totally shut down their right edge!
One of the reasons he's been quiet all year is because of a **** whit choice to play Hoffman at 5/8. All year so far he's had no one creating chances for him and when the odd chance did, he wasn't quite used to it, of course he's out of form! Let's not forget his vision and line break to put barba into space last time. . And how good he was last year with hoffman. He's a tough bastard. He shows a lot of heart and character and is why hook picks him to play. Albeit in stupid positions, but he does his job for the team. Real team player. He's not had a good year like I said, but who wouldn't. Same with glenn! No real 5/8 means these guys don't get a chance to spark in attack. So they've become purely defensive players this year really. And a great job they've done too imo

Last edited:
Brett

Brett

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Jul 27, 2013
Reed as fast as Folau - I've heard it all on this forum now. Time to retire. :laugh:.

Active Now

• heartly87
  • jd87
  • Fozz
  • barker
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Mr Fourex
  • mystico
  • Cavalo
  • Xzei
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • kman
  • winslow_wong
  • The Strapper
  • Wolfie
  • TwoLeftFeet
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.