Round 21 - Broncos vs Sea Eagles - Pre-Match Discussion

Big Pete, two wrongs dont make a right either though IMHO. Yes, i agree that i should be looking at Vidots hand in this, but i guess i should be pointing many fingers. I think if Vidot has trained hard, he should be in the side ahead of maranta. Hence why i kept Kahu on one wing and Vidot got the other.

My point was that Hook was completely justified to make the selections he did.

We may not be on the same page - I'm fine with Vidot being selected but that would make your point premature since the team hasn't even been announced yet.

Wait a few hours, I'm 50% sure I'll be saying the exact same thing. :laugh:

It's not the first **** up for Vidot at the Broncos, he missed a training session in the pre-season as well. I'm fine with him getting punished like this, he needs to learn his lesson, if he isn't in the side this week I won't be spitting chips, because it'll benefit him (And us) long term.

Yeah i heard about that, but he got punished for that too.

I understand two different indiscretions require 2 different punishments, but if he is not selected today because of that incident 2 weeks ago, then he got fucked over bad IMO.
It will benefit him either way. If he greats picked, he will have a big one, if not, it will motivate him much more. But as i said, we need him nonetheless.

My point was that Hook was completely justified to make the selections he did.

We may not be on the same page - I'm fine with Vidot being selected but that would make your point premature since the team hasn't even been announced yet.

Wait a few hours, I'm 50% sure I'll be saying the exact same thing. :laugh:

Im not arguing that he shouldnt have been dropped in the first place, im arguing the fact that Reed and Oates were out with him....and i just want to understand why they got selected and Vidot didnt? You cant tell me because Reed is someone we absolutely need because he is a broncos fucking superstar and the Broncos would be in a better position if he is in the team......no way. I believe their is favouritism their and it sucks.
Vidot does need to stop going out when he is not meant to and put his career and team mates first before his own personal life if thats whats expected of him from his employer.

But yes, i will wait and see what happens. Im 50% sure that you will be correct. :rofl:

and i just want to understand why they got selected and Vidot didnt? You cant tell me because Reed is someone we absolutely need because he is a broncos fucking superstar and the Broncos would be in a better position if he is in the team......no way. I believe their is favouritism their and it sucks.

Yeah, well obviously Reed was a bad selection and I'd say it was the worst selection of the year because unlike Hoffman at five eighth there were clearly better options but my point is that two wrongs don't make a right and Vidot didn't deserve to be there either.

It should have been Granville and that's the player who should come in for Reed.

We can beat manly. If Griffen picks the right side that GTB has posted above, I have no doubts that we can roll manly. They are due for a loss anyways.

Yeah, well obviously Reed was a bad selection and I'd say it was the worst selection of the year because unlike Hoffman at five eighth there were clearly better options but my point is that two wrongs don't make a right and Vidot didn't deserve to be there either.

It should have been Granville and that's the player who should come in for Reed.

I think he got punished 1 week too long based upon the fact that Reed and Oates returned last week.
I think its not good to single someone out like that. It makes it sound like Vidot forced the other 2 to head out to the clubs with him. lol
From his on-field performances only, Vidot deserves his wing spot any day of the week. I hope he has learnt his lesson, gets named on the team sheet today and shows the Broncos faithful why he is valuable to the club and prove his worth.

Yes, Granville needs to be there without question. :takdir:

I think he got punished 1 week too long based upon the fact that Reed and Oates returned last week.
I think its not good to single someone out like that. It makes it sound like Vidot forced the other 2 to head out to the clubs with him. lol
From his on-field performances only, Vidot deserves his wing spot any day of the week. I hope he has learnt his lesson, gets named on the team sheet today and shows the Broncos faithful why he is valuable to the club and prove his worth.

Yes, Granville needs to be there without question. :takdir:

thats being overly dramatic ... Vidot probably got the extra week for it being a second offence ... while it was reeds and Oates first

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

I thought it was bad enough that Reed was allowed back in the side, I didn't think Vidot belonged there either because both Kahu and Maranta played well against the Warriors.

I also don't believe past indiscretions should be ignored. If you have the history then it should count against you. Showing favouritism to a player with a better off-field record is fine in my book.

I'm mostly disappointed in Reed because he is the senior player and should have been the good influence on the other two. His performances this year alone have been reason to drop him. Letting him return before the others is just proving he can get away with almost anything under Hook and that is ridiculous.

thats being overly dramatic ... Vidot probably got the extra week for it being a second offence ... while it was reeds and Oates first

Sorry, i wasnt being overly dramatic, i was joking....thats why i put lol on the end of it.
If the reasons behind him being dropped an extra week is because its his second indiscretion, then im fine with that.

I think we're just going to have to agree to disagree.

I thought it was bad enough that Reed was allowed back in the side, I didn't think Vidot belonged there either because both Kahu and Maranta played well against the Warriors.

I also don't believe past indiscretions should be ignored. If you have the history then it should count against you. Showing favouritism to a player with a better off-field record is fine in my book.

I can see where you are coming from. Reeds inclusion was bad, we all agree. Vidot being dropped for an extra week because its his 2nd indiscretion, I agree, and im just coming to terms that League is a pretty cut-throat business...LOL

I hope he learns that he needs to stop fucking up, otherwise, he is gone or left behind by another winger (maybe of average quality) with a better off-field record.

Maranta should be out and Vidot should be back in or at least I hope. Vidot being his second offence probably deserved the extra week but Reed deserves a lot longer for more then just discipline. Even off the bench Reed really looked to have zero in the way of fire, if I where him I would have been looking to prove something at least that I new I had let the team down. Oats the same. In saying that I wonder if Hooks bench management had more to do with the impact of his bench the other night.

Reed was great as a winger when he first started playing, would like to see him have another go there on the right.

1 Hoffman
2 Vidot
3 Copley
4 Hodges
5 Kahu
6 Barba
7 Hunt
8 Hannant
9 McCullough
10 Kennedy
11 Gillett
12 Thaiday
13 Parker
14 Granville
15 Mcquire
16 Oates
17 Hala/Molo

Id have the exact same team............Surely read can't get a spot on the bench

I'd have Glenn ahead of Granville as the bench utility, otherwise exactly my team.

Dodds to come in for Hala or Molo once he has a few games under his belt in ISC.

I wouldn't be against Reed on the wing.

He may not be lightning quick, but he's very solid under the high ball and knows how to finish off scoring opportunities. He's also a decent size so his kick returns could prove useful.

Team List:

1 Josh Hoffman
2 Daniel Vidot
3 Dale Copley
4 Justin Hodges ©
5 Jack Reed
6 Ben Barba
7 Ben Hunt
8 Josh McGuire
9 Andrew McCullough
10 Corey Parker ©
11 Alex Glenn
12 Matt Gillett
13 Sam Thaiday

Interchange
14 Jake Granville
15 Todd Lowrie
16 Ben Hannant
17 Corey Oates
18 Martin Kennedy

Active Now

• heartly87
  • Shane Tronc
  • Waynesaurus
  • Browny
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • K-Style
  • Bucking Beads
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
  • eggstar10
  • Alec
  • theshed
  • bb_gun
  • Dash
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Reds2011
  • Old Mate
  • winslow_wong
  • IceWorks
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.