Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Pangai and Su'a are the silver linings from this atrocious downward spiral. They just need a full off season learning defensive patterns.

TPJ was probably our best last night, once he gets a few games under his belt he'll be a weapon. Hope he is seen by management as the future because he could be anything. And I'm really warming to Ese Ese' aswell.

Roberts and early ball is a myth.
The dude needs to learn how to run lines. Every time he gets ball in space, defenders back off him and let him make the first move and then wrap him up. Copley did this to him multiple times last night. Roberts biggest problem is that the winger on the outside of him basically catches a cold every game because he cant draw and pass and teams know that as soon as he gets the ball he is going himself ala hoggman. If he doesn't want to pass and only run, then maybe we should put him on the wing.

He does need to learn to run lines, but regardless, atm he is only effective with early ball. He's honestly just not a very good player, just super quick.

There is no space out on the edges for anyone to do anything. Almost every time the ball went wide last night, we were well covered.

Since it only takes 2-3 players to bring down (and hold) our forwards in the middle of the field and there are no offloads happening, the defensive line isn't condensing.

And since the defense is comfortable rushing up, our halves are playing without time, ruining their composure/timing and throwing the outside backs off.

Roberts has amazing evasion, speed and confidence, but you can't expect miracles from him running ad-hoc at a well prepared defensive line all the time.

There is no space out on the edges for anyone to do anything. Almost every time the ball went wide last night, we were well covered.

Since it only takes 2-3 players to bring down (and hold) our forwards in the middle of the field and there are no offloads happening, the defensive line isn't condensing.

And since the defense is comfortable rushing up, our halves are playing without time, ruining their composure/timing and throwing the outside backs off.

Roberts has amazing evasion, speed and confidence, but you can't expect miracles from him running ad-hoc at a well prepared defensive line all the time.

Spot on, only time we looked ok was off a quick play the ball when the defence was on the back foot and there was room for the halves to work but poor execution and lack of options the oportunities went begging

Been lurking for a while, finally bit the bullet and registered.

Thought there were some positive signs last night, but for the most part though, more of the same from the last 8-9 weeks. Line speed continues to be a big issue for us defensively, we just just concede so many metres by sticking back the 10. Liked what I saw from TPJ, the other juniors didn't do too badly either. I know people have been tearing strips off Hunt (not completely unreasonable, but then again not completely justified) but does look like he is trying hard out there. Surely Milford's recent form (or lack thereof) has to be called into question if Hunt is being criticised so harshly - he was completely MIA last night.

Everyone lamenting letting go Copley because he managed to stay on the field for an entire game.

Nek minnit.......he busts his knee for the 1000th time and is gonski's. I still think we made the right call. Roberts will come good.
Yeah, nah. Roberts came in for Hodgo and we let Copley go to keep Reed.

Been lurking for a while, finally bit the bullet and registered.

Thought there were some positive signs last night, but for the most part though, more of the same from the last 8-9 weeks. Line speed continues to be a big issue for us defensively, we just just concede so many metres by sticking back the 10. Liked what I saw from TPJ, the other juniors didn't do too badly either. I know people have been tearing strips off Hunt (not completely unreasonable, but then again not completely justified) but does look like he is trying hard out there. Surely Milford's recent form (or lack thereof) has to be called into question if Hunt is being criticised so harshly - he was completely MIA last night.

Yeah, I've been finding that Milford has been much worse than Hunt since the team's form slump. If he doesn't run well, he can't really contribute anything else.

lets see how you would go playing 80 minutes and making 60 tackles a game and then trying to run for 500 metres.
he was much better earlier in the year when nikorima was giving him a rest for 15 minutes a game

Not saying he has to run big meters its just that he doesn't get our forwards over the advantage line or worries teams with his dummy half running. Look at Jake Friend last night he made a heap of tackles forced i think 22 or 3 drop outs and had us on the back foot all night.

Yeah, nah. Roberts came in for Hodgo and we let Copley go to keep Reed.

Hang on wasn't the consensus that we got rid of Copley because his contact was shorter and he was more palatable to other clubs than a plodder like Reed? You can't have it both ways.

People say you get confidence from defence. I disagree. Last year we never panicked in defense because we knew as soon as we got the ball we could score. Being so disjointed in attack has left us with no confidence and is making us worse in both attack and defense. We need to practise our attack more and play with more structure. We need to offload more and be ready to take advantage as well. I wouldn't be against some backs swapping sides either. There are no combinations to be concerned about.

Roberts problem is not his running or attack but rather his defense, his errors let in two of the first three tries. The first was not staying with his man and coming in when he didn't need to and the second was Copley just bumping him off.

Surprise, surprise...

NRL referees boss Tony Archer has confirmed the bunker made the correct call on the Herman Ese'ese no try in the Broncos' Round 21 Telstra Premiership clash with the Roosters at Allianz Stadium on Thursday night.
"The rules relating to this area of the game are that a try should be awarded if momentum of the tackled player carries him into the in goal. However, a tackled player should be penalised if he makes a second movement to place the ball over the line for a try," Archer told NRL.com.
Archer went on to say that a review of all angles showed that Ese'ese's arm carrying the ball touched the ground before the try line.
"Ese'ese then used his leg to push forward towards the tryline as well as promoting the ball over the defenders. Under the rule, this constitutes a second movement," he said.
"I understand people will debate this decision in regards to the momentum of the tackle, but the generating of the player's own momentum and promotion of the ball over a defender means that it is a no try."

Archer on Ese'ese no-try ruling - NRL.com

Wow. I reckon the guys in the bunker are in for a pay rise. They get everything 100% correct. We are lucky to have such competent people officiating.

Surprise, surprise...

So if momentum carries a player over the line, and the arm carrying the ball has come in contact with the ground (before the try line). Can the player not move said arm to ground the ball even if he is completely over the try line?

Last edited:

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • BroncosAlways
  • Painin the Haas
  • Big Del
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Matheos
  • mitch222
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Rowdy124
  • Culhwch
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • mrslong
  • Santa
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Bish
  • thenry
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.