Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

After Maranta went down and we were down to 16 men, someone should have thrown a dog on the field and evened it out.

After Maranta went down and we were down to 16 men, someone should have thrown a dog on the field and evened it out.

It still would've been 17 vs 16.. they had Mitchell Pearce playing, remember.

Edit: Wait, was that the joke? Or were you saying that a dog is as useless as Maranta?

DOUBLE JOKE

Last edited:
The joke was the dog would have been for Pearce.

Last edited:
Personally I was happy he was removed from the game. Imagine the scoreless if Maranta was still on!

It still would've been 17 vs 16.. they had Mitchell Pearce playing, remember.

Edit: Wait, was that the joke? Or were you saying that a dog is as useless as Maranta?

DOUBLE JOKE

At least the dog is able to follow the ball and potentially distract one player for on the other team

It's not the bunker's fault though, it's the people. It's always been the people.

It's neither the bunker nor the people. It's fucking technology.

".... the big difference between analog and digital waves - Analog waves are smooth and continuous, digital waves are stepping, square, and discrete."

We are no longer watching human movement but it's digital artefacts. This is not real life, it's a video game.

That WAS a try anywhere but in a stop motion break down of a video game, and even then ....

Personally, I'd get rid of all the tech and just return to the days when real human people refereed real human people and I'd rather yell and scream abuse at a human ref than a room full of computer screens.

Last edited:
Yeah either Archer is delusional megalomaniac or there are orders from the top. Maybe both. Either way he needs to fired at this point as well as his direct boss. Why not just run bunker as majority decision, 2 out of 3 (including 1 trained ex player not associated with either club). Lead referee controls camera angles but others can request. Didn't change result but could. Also the lies massively undermine both the bunker concept (a good idea) and the game. Can someone sue for damages if they lose big money due to a refereeing conspiracy?

Head over to LU and most people over there are sayibg the decision was right and it was a no try.

One Roosters fan is even saying that momentum doesn't come into it, it was no try because the arm brushed the ground.

Ok, i'll play LU's game.

Once the arm carrying the ball touched the ground, that means the tackle was completed ... And the defenders Napa and Ferguson are required to let go of the attacking player.

But the defenders went on with the tackle ... Theregire penalty Broncos

It's neither the bunker nor the people. It's fucking technology.

".... the big difference between analog and digital waves - Analog waves are smooth and continuous, digital waves are stepping, square, and discrete."

We are no longer watching human movement but it's digital artefacts. This is not real life, it's a video game.

That WAS a try anywhere but in a stop motion break down of a video game, and even then ....

Personally, I'd get rid of all the tech and just return to the days when real human people refereed real human people and I'd rather yell and scream abuse at a human ref than a room full of computer screens.

That being the case, the higher the resolution, the smaller the digital artifacts. The higher the frame rate, the more accurately and minutely that moments in time can be broken down.

The call didn't fail because of technology. The tech was used to correctly determine that his arm touched the ground. The same way the tech showed that there was (in most likelihood) separation for Gray's no-try.

The tech is fine. And it's getting better. It fell down because some muppet is so ignorant to the game that they didn't comprehend that it was the defenders who dragged Ese'ese in to the In-goal in order to keep the ball off the ground.

Head over to LU and most people over there are sayibg the decision was right and it was a no try.

One Roosters fan is even saying that momentum doesn't come into it, it was no try because the arm brushed the ground.

Ok, i'll play LU's game.

Once the arm carrying the ball touched the ground, that means the tackle was completed ... And the defenders Napa and Ferguson are required to let go of the attacking player.

But the defenders went on with the tackle ... Theregire penalty Broncos
So a wingers try where they slide into the ingoal is a no try because they hit the ground before the line? Great logic over there.

That being the case, the higher the resolution, the smaller the digital artifacts. The higher the frame rate, the more accurately and minutely that moments in time can be broken down.

The call didn't fail because of technology. The tech was used to correctly determine that his arm touched the ground. The same way the tech showed that there was (in most likelihood) separation for Gray's no-try.

The tech is fine. And it's getting better. It fell down because some muppet is so ignorant to the game that they didn't comprehend that it was the defenders who dragged Ese'ese in to the In-goal in order to keep the ball off the ground.

For mine you don't need no tech to see him hit the ground and in one uninterrupted, natural movement roll over the line and plant the ball for a try.

It isn't a technical problem, it's the obsession with slow mo over real-time and the legalistic approach to the game. Sometimes it's ok to go with the vibe of the play and look at the big picture. The one decision-maker concept opens room for more error too. Have 3 different judges ignorant of each other's decisions (avoids idiocy spreading by group think).

I tell you what, this Broncos team should count their lucky stars Parramatta have had such a horrific year

They'll probably give us a bath when we play them in 2 weeks though.

They will turn up to play, that's for sure.

We can't lose to the fucking Eels.. Not after the season they have had.

Last edited:

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.