Not open for further replies.
broncos4life

broncos4life

International Captain
Forum Staff
Oct 5, 2011
Round22TeamList

We can win this
This game is actually winnable... as long as it's Gamble and Kelly in the halves.

Would be nice if the roosters pick up some more injuries as well... Teddy and Manu being out for this game would be nice 😉

Roosters starting to develop some form again, just in time for us, and they will be wanting revenge for the last time we met.

We may put up a better showing but unfortunately I dont see us escaping with the 2 points.

If we can relax a little on the errors and not be ruined by the ref we can take these paper bag dickheads on, Gambles attack creation plus having Kelly on this side for some excellent cutout passes our attack is proper sharp.

with their injurys outside back pressure is low, and we can take them on in the middle.

In fairness to Kevvie, for all his many faults, you can't really argue this team is not improving and at the end of the day, for now, this is all we can really hope for. Come next year, if Kev still continues to make some weird selections and continues his appalling bench usage, the blowtorch will definitely be on.

Even now, I don't mind that Kevvie is picking and sticking even though I would prefer both Robati and Kelly were in for Glenn and Croft respectively.

On a side note, how frustrating is Niu. That guy looks amazing as a runner and even as a link man is showing really, really good promise but defensively, he is just absolute trash, doesn't even try to get in the way much of the time.

In fairness to Kevvie, for all his many faults, you can't really argue this team is not improving and at the end of the day, for now, this is all we can really hope for. Come next year, if Kev still continues to make some weird selections and continues his appalling bench usage, the blowtorch will definitely be on.

Even now, I don't mind that Kevvie is picking and sticking even though I would prefer both Robati and Kelly were in for Glenn and Croft respectively.

On a side note, how frustrating is Niu. That guy looks amazing as a runner and even as a link man is showing really, really good promise but defensively, he is just absolute trash, doesn't even try to get in the way much of the time.

Wonder if we could swap Tesi and Farnworth in attack / defence. Though Tesi’s defence at centre is pretty filthy too

Wonder if we could swap Tesi and Farnworth in attack / defence. Though Tesi’s defence at centre is pretty filthy too

I still think we should be giving Farnworth a shot there (although i don't think the transition should be done until the pre-season)

If he's passing is actually an issue, i think he has the work ethic and determination to develop that facet of his game. (i'm not even sure it is an issue, just that he thinks it's better to take the tackle, rather than put Oates in a bad position where the sideline comes into play)

i think the rest of his game suits fullback.

I still think we should be giving Farnworth a shot there (although i don't think the transition should be done until the pre-season)

If he's passing is actually an issue, i think he has the work ethic and determination to develop that facet of his game. (i'm not even sure it is an issue, just that he thinks it's better to take the tackle, rather than put Oates in a bad position where the sideline comes into play)

Completely disagree, the kid is a winger.

The Rorters will be up for it, they'll be smarting over the loss earlier this year. Robinson will have had next Friday circled in red on the calendar.

In the trials, I'd really like to see them try this at some point:

1. Farnworth
2. Cobbo
3. Staggs
4. Lee
5. Oates
6. Gamble
7. Reynolds (c)
8. Carrigan
9. Paix
10. Flegler
11. Capewell
12. Robati
13. Haas

14. Walters
15. Bullemor
16. Riki
17. Piakura

I am very much aware that this is a problematic side and way too inexperienced in parts but that is why I said in the trials.

I thought fullback was an easy job. Nui out the back, masterminding and organizing the attack. Everyone was so pleased Isaako wasn't doing all those jobs anymore.

Funny thing is since we've had Croft and Gamble as partners I think we've scored about as many as we've conceded. I mean, that's not a bad stat compared to what we were for the first 15 games. I believe it's close to even over the last 5 odd games.

I thought fullback was an easy job. Nui out the back, masterminding and organizing the attack. Everyone was so pleased Isaako wasn't doing all those jobs anymore.

Funny thing is since we've had Croft and Gamble as partners I think we've scored about as many as we've conceded. I mean, that's not a bad stat compared to what we were for the first 15 games. I believe it's close to even over the last 5 odd games.

I see what you are doing there but the reality is, Niu is proving himself to be another Isaako, or in other words, not good enough.

I see what you are doing there but the reality is, Niu is proving himself to be another Isaako, or in other words, not good enough.

The last thing we need is a fullback that is about as comfortable under the high ball as Larry Nasser is inside his prison cell.

Both of them are shit fullbacks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Porthoz
  • Mick_Hancock
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.