10. Kennedy
11. Glenn
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

14. Paix (if fit) / Croft
15. Robati
16. Willison
17. Bullemor

Well, at least the youth are all getting a run I suppose and I wonder what this means for Isaako moving forward.
You'd think with Brenko Lee Coming they just push Herbie to Isaako's wing and Aryen just takes over the goal kicking duties obviously. Isaako definitely has some positives about his game but he has too many brain explosions and is the most error prone in our backline.

Great game to mix up the backline again! Don't want to do it against the better teams that could embarrass them... Stability across the backline is why our defence has shown improvement. I don't see any benefit in playing Coates or Cobbo, particularly against the roosters who will be licking their lips.

What has Isaako done wrong on the wing?

So something like this?

1. Niu
2. Coates
3. Cobbo
4. Farnworth
5. Oates
6. Gamble
7. Kelly
8. Haas
9. Levi
10. Kennedy
11. Glenn
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

15. Robati
16. Willison
17. Bullemor

Well, at least the youth are all getting a run I suppose and I wonder what this means for Isaako moving forward.
Paix is not fit. Says to me Isaako might be halfway out the door, or being given a push.

Paix is not fit. Says to me Isaako might be halfway out the door, or being given a push.
I really don't think kevvie is that deep, I think hes just reacting to the media bullying him into picking the great & powerful Coates! Why he would choose this game to do it & then double down with cobbo is a nice touch...

What has Isaako done wrong on the wing?

So something like this?

1. Niu
2. Coates
3. Cobbo
4. Farnworth
5. Oates
6. Gamble
7. Kelly
8. Haas
9. Levi
10. Kennedy
11. Glenn
12. Riki
13. Hetherington

15. Robati
16. Willison
17. Bullemor

He might've had a few lapses over the game... I'd say not cleaning up the ball on the Fitz try was a lapse... just grab it and drop to the ground.

I thought he was going generally pretty well over the last month or so... was still suspect under the bomb, but was taking some that I would normally expect him to drop.

Seems an odd risk to play an entirely new right side vs roosters... especially when Coates has defensive deficiencies and Cobbo is largely untried at right center... unless they are throwing Herbie onto the right to give him more ball as a strike weapon with Staggs out.

Coates?? Why Coates? He defends like he's allergic to the wing? Jams into where the centre should be then looks at the try scorer like they're freaking Christopher Columbus when they run through the gaping hole he left behind him and "somehow" discovers the try line.

Nice kid but so is plenty of other mentally impaired kids!

OF COURSE Robinson blew up in the presser about the Hargreaves sin bin. How about you actually play by the rules and don't worry what other teams are doing, Robbo?

For all Isaako’s issues, he’s one of the best wing options we have (and hasn’t been super bad since moving back there), and is better than Coates. Silly Kevin

Also does that mean Herbie kicks? Gamble? Kelly? Who’s our third-drop kicker after Isaako and Staggs?

Coates?? Why Coates? He defends like he's allergic to the wing? Jams into where the centre should be then looks at the try scorer like they're freaking Christopher Columbus when they run through the gaping hole he left behind him and "somehow" discovers the try line.

Nice kid but so is plenty of other mentally impaired kids!

Yeah I’ll wait until game day to see Kev’s updates team list but this is another weird one.

Croft for Kelly is great but hopefully Croft doesn’t burn a bench spot, there’s no need for it.

Bringing in both Cobbo and Coates seems like a bad idea. Three 19 year olds in the back line. I’m pretty sure Coates hasn’t played a game since origin due to Q Cup being impacted by COVID. If COates wasn’t good enough to play first grade back then he definitely won’t have improved in a month without footy. As someone mentioned perhaps Cobbo left centre Herbie at right - it’s not as bad as Cobbo and Coates on the same side but it’s still a head scratcher

Yeah I’ll wait until game day to see Kev’s updates team list but this is another weird one.

Croft for Kelly is great but hopefully Croft doesn’t burn a bench spot, there’s no need for it.

Bringing in both Cobbo and Coates seems like a bad idea. Three 19 year olds in the back line. I’m pretty sure Coates hasn’t played a game since origin due to Q Cup being impacted by COVID. If COates wasn’t good enough to play first grade back then he definitely won’t have improved in a month without footy. As someone mentioned perhaps Cobbo left centre Herbie at right - it’s not as bad as Cobbo and Coates on the same side but it’s still a head scratcher
Yeah it feels super unnecessary to change the backline for this game except Kelly and Croft of course. I actually think Isaako has been doing well on the wing. I haven't really noticed Arthars too much in games but it's better than noticing every mistake Coates does.

I do think Cobbo will end up a centre though so maybe that's worth something having him play in the centres against roosters. I hope I'm wrong though and he does become the fullback we need.

Palasia is gone for the season. He's also carrying a two week suspension. Paix might be back as early as next week.

Broncos Head Of Performance Dave Ballard:

“Keenan has suffered a fracture in his shoulder blade - no surgery is required but his season is over. He will rehab over the coming months to be ready for full training come the start of preseason.”

“Cory Paix is travelling well with his rehab and will move back into today’s skills session as he continues to improve.”

McHunt

Stuff Coates, they should push Herbie back to the wing, Cobbo at centre. The failed experiment with Farnworth at centre should be over by now.

Palasia is gone for the season. He's also carrying a two week suspension. Paix might be back as early as next week.

Broncos Head Of Performance Dave Ballard:

“Keenan has suffered a fracture in his shoulder blade - no surgery is required but his season is over. He will rehab over the coming months to be ready for full training come the start of preseason.”

“Cory Paix is travelling well with his rehab and will move back into today’s skills session as he continues to improve.”

McHunt
Carrying a suspension you say... I'm guessing Vlando is looking through the rule book to make sure that's served next year when Palasia is fit again

Kevvie’s pick and stick is different

Before going off too early keep in mind that at this time last week the same reports were saying Mead would be replacing Staggs at centre.

Don’t mind this if we see Cobbo running some shape at fullback. Coates in seems puzzling to me though - maybe worried about the height difference with Tupou?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • ezpz
  • Dash
  • Sproj
  • Midean
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Strop
  • Brotherdu
  • DMZ
  • Xzei
  • Redux
  • marw
  • broncsgoat
  • Waynesaurus
  • BroncosMan
  • RodF
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncorob
  • Maroon4life
... and 53 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.