[Round 22, 2021] Broncos vs Roosters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I think you can be sometimes you seem to criticize first , especially when the team lists come out.
When players aren't playing any games because of being in the bubble do you just let them sit , or do you rotate to give them games.
A lot of people are quick to criticize but none have any experience in dealing with a footy team in covid times.
Fair. Sometimes I make lazy jokes for the sake of being silly and other times I make semi serious posts criticising decisions - I can definitely see why to others it may be hard to tell the 2 apart, especially without the benefit of tone (Live game threads are whole other issue where I go completely off tap).

Finding a spot for Cobbo while there’s no Q Cup is probably justifiable but Coates’ selection contradicts your attempt to find logic in the selections. I could cop it if we were winning but we have been a garbage fire all season and we finally start to show some form and Kev decides it’s time to shuffle the deck again when versing the hardest opponent of the run home.

It’s a concerning trend with Kev which he seemingly started getting right sans Croft recently but has started throwing darts again.

What are you having a cry about. Everyone who got dropped deserved to be dropped respective to the player that was replacing them, it’s as simple as that. Honestly this is one of the few weeks where kevvie has got it right. Only semi questionable decision is Coates but at the end of the day Isaako is still shit
With the exception of croft, I don’t believe they did deserve to be dropped. Isaako has played well the last few weeks & Arthars did a solid job replacing Staggs, he batted the ball back for willison to score & threw the late offload for Oates to make that line break, which lead to a try to Farnworth. To drop them this week is harsh, particularly considering the replacements, one who has been poor all year & is leaving, and the other is a kid who hasn’t played centre for 2 years. It doesn’t make sense to me & it will be little surprise if the roosters put 50 on us. Which would be a shame considering the defensive resolve we have discovered lately.

Of the games remaining, this week is the worst time to be making changes for the sake of it.

On a positive note Chooks might be without Angus and JWH.

Fair. Sometimes I make lazy jokes for the sake of being silly and other times I make semi serious posts criticising decisions - I can definitely see why to others it may be hard to tell the 2 apart, especially without the benefit of tone (Live game threads are whole other issue where I go completely off tap).

Finding a spot for Cobbo while there’s no Q Cup is probably justifiable but Coates’ selection contradicts your attempt to find logic in the selections. I could cop it if we were winning but we have been a garbage fire all season and we finally start to show some form and Kev decides it’s time to shuffle the deck again when versing the hardest opponent of the run home.

It’s a concerning trend with Kev which he seemingly started getting right sans Croft recently but has started throwing darts again.
Coates selection dosen't contradict it at all , you think that maybe Kevvie would like to destroy a relationship with a player that he may want to bring back. Or he could be training the house down and thinks he deserves another shot. Also there's been other situations where Kevvie has rotated his lineup.
I still think people are fixated on winning more than progressing the team for the future, and his so called throwing darts is part of the process.
There's a reason I steer clear of the live game threads lol

With the exception of croft, I don’t believe they did deserve to be dropped. Isaako has played well the last few weeks & Arthars did a solid job replacing Staggs, he batted the ball back for willison to score & threw the late offload for Oates to make that line break, which lead to a try to Farnworth. To drop them this week is harsh, particularly considering the replacements, one who has been poor all year & is leaving, and the other is a kid who hasn’t played centre for 2 years. It doesn’t make sense to me & it will be little surprise if the roosters put 50 on us. Which would be a shame considering the defensive resolve we have discovered lately.

Of the games remaining, this week is the worst time to be making changes for the sake of it.
They've hardly been game changers and Isaako hasn't even been kicking good. I think it's more than justified, season is done may aswell have one eye on next year.

Coates selection dosen't contradict it at all , you think that maybe Kevvie would like to destroy a relationship with a player that he may want to bring back. Or he could be training the house down and thinks he deserves another shot. Also there's been other situations where Kevvie has rotated his lineup.
I still think people are fixated on winning more than progressing the team for the future, and his so called throwing darts is part of the process.
There's a reason I steer clear of the live game threads lol
He better not want to bring him back.

Sometimes I wonder if you're competing with @Super Freak on who can complain the most. He has more runs on the board at this point but I think you can give him a good challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jazza
  • Galah
  • Wolfie
  • Xzei
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Cavalo
  • Culhwch
  • bazza
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Justwin
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fozz
  • heartly87
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 3 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.