Round 22 - Broncos vs. Dragons - Pre Match Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
God i hope we win, i'll be at my mates place and him and his wife are big dragons fans. I wont be able to cope if we dont.

We should win by 13+ well thats what I've backed on the TAB.

@chrisgarry1: Broncos under 20's winger Jordan drew set to debut this week. Running in team's backline outside hodges today.

Maranta dropped?

Another young talent set to be thrown in the mix :thumbup1:

Hook really has been given a shakeup by something/someone ....... but it's good to see.

Maranta must be injured surely ?

Another young talent set to be thrown in the mix :thumbup1:

Hook really has been given a shakeup by something/someone ....... but it's good to see.

Maranta must be injured surely ?

Yeah as much as Maranta sucks, surely you're risking a lot by blooding a rookie up against Borris. Maybe it's like I've been joking - Hodges finally said to Hook "Maranta goes or I go".

he (garry) has since said the broncos have assured him that maranta will play, not drew. not sure if they're just deflecting media away from the kid. oates debut was well hiddin from the media until an hour before kick off.

fingers crossed the new kid gets a go

I don't care for the reason I just hope it's true and Maranta doesn't play.

Maranta may be a blessing in disguise, because he may have been the difference between Hook and/or mngmt acting, and everything staying the same.

The reason I say that is because despite everything else, we would probably be in the eight if we had a good finisher on that wing!

Splinter & 1910 would have the intel on Drew but based on what I've gathered, he's been one of the only shining highlights these past couple of weeks. I think it's a little premature to throw him into the backs but it should dispell the notion of Hook's supposed man-love for Maranta.

I don't think Hook has any man love for Maranta. As much as I have doubts about some aspects of his coaching, Hook has been practically forced to put Maranta on the wing...

I would still argue that a broomstick with the jersey no. 5 wrapped around it, would do a better job... :001_rolleyes:

I don't think Hook has any man love for Maranta. As much as I have doubts about some aspects of his coaching, Hook has been practically forced to put Maranta on the wing...

I would still argue that a broomstick with the jersey no. 5 wrapped around it, would do a better job... :001_rolleyes:

and hodgo would probably feel better about passing it the ball... the deflection would be unpredictable and would place the defence on alert... well on more alert than Maranta every has

The only luxury Maranta provides the team is his ability under the high ball, the rest of his play this season has been incredibly poor.

Regardless of whether or not Jordan Drew plays, it's good to see Hook indoctrinate a fresh face and actively look for alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.