PRE-GAME Round 22 - Cowboys vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Tagatese will be valuable in this game. I think we should give him a contract for next season. He's never let us down, but we have really underused him in favour of blooding young guns, which I completely understand - not sure if he will stay.

Thaiday and Sims go next season, and we need some experience in the bank.
He'll stay if offered a contract as nobody else will be interested. But his chances of being re-signed at this club is slim to none. An ISC team might snap him up.

Kahu hasn't been named for any QLD Cup side.

He'll stay if offered a contract as nobody else will be interested. But his chances of being re-signed at this club is slim to none. An ISC team might snap him up.
If we don't offer him a contract do you think we will look at someone with a similar profile?

Outside of our best 17 next year we have:
Fleger
Carrigan
Savelio
Fai
Mago (if resigned)
Fifita
Taueli?

All are quite inexperienced apart from Savelio (SL).

is that significant? have any of our other wingers/centers been named for an ISC club

Well if he's been dropped to reserve grade then he would have been named for an ISC side.

Either he is playing, or he is injured. I would say he is injured based on the fact that Shibasaki hasn't been named for his ISC club and no others in our backline have been either.

If we don't offer him a contract do you think we will look at someone with a similar profile?

Outside of our best 17 next year we have:
Fleger
Carrigan
Savelio
Fai
Mago (if resigned)
Fifita
Taueli?

All are quite inexperienced apart from Savelio (SL).
Bennett usually finds some journeyman during the summer to fill that role. Tagatese actually went to the Leagues Club and asked him for a job. He may have to do that again.

What actually happened to Myles Tauli, so much hype around in the pre-season and not a peep since

Well if he's been dropped to reserve grade then he would have been named for an ISC side.

Either he is playing, or he is injured. I would say he is injured based on the fact that Shibasaki hasn't been named for his ISC club and no others in our backline have been either.

Not unusual for regular first graders who are dropped not to be named until game day. Also the feeder club might not know if he is available until last minute

Been injured for a while now. Just getting back to fitness.

Yup, came back last week on the bench. I'm more interested in J Nikorima, did Dolphins sack him?

TPJ is training with the boys this morning, looks like he will play

Named in the updated team list, will start from bench.

Last edited:
He should have been fucking rested.

He isn't 100% and he hasn't been able to stay out on that field for the past month now. Just rest him for a fucking week.

Yup, came back last week on the bench. I'm more interested in J Nikorima, did Dolphins sack him?

Named in the updated team list, will start from bench.

Jnik was just de-registered i think. Got injured, couldnt play again this year but they didnt sack him. HE will sign for them next year.

Yet another year of this fixture being in a bogus time slot on a Thursday night. Rivalry games like this should be about maximising the attendance. Friday or Saturday night.

Yet another year of this fixture being in a bogus time slot on a Thursday night. Rivalry games like this should be about maximising the attendance. Friday or Saturday night.

Yep, friday or saturday I'd be going. Pathetic putting this on a thursday - no doubt when the brain trust put this together they figured Cows and Broncos would be battling for positions inside the eight.

Put some money down for Shibasaki to score. Players making their Broncos debut against the Cowboys tend to score.

Round 1, 2002 - Steve Irwin scores a double on debut.
Round 1, 2006 - Darius Boyd scores on debut.
Round 1, 2009 - Israel Folau, Antonio Winterstein, Jharal Yow Yeh score on debut.
Round 1, 2010 - Matt Gillett scores on debut.
Round 1, 2011 - Jack Reed and Dane Gagai scores on debut.

Put some money down for Shibasaki to score. Players making their Broncos debut against the Cowboys tend to score.

Round 1, 2002 - Steve Irwin scores a double on debut.
Round 1, 2006 - Darius Boyd scores on debut.
Round 1, 2009 - Israel Folau, Antonio Winterstein, Jharal Yow Yeh score on debut.
Round 1, 2010 - Matt Gillett scores on debut.
Round 1, 2011 - Jack Reed and Dane Gagai scores on debut.

Always do, no matter who we play.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Santa
  • Johnny92
  • Bish
  • Jazza
  • Bucking Beads
  • broncos4life
  • Fatboy
  • Aldo
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
  • ChewThePhatt
  • LGH
  • Lurker
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Broncorob
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.