PRE-GAME Round 22 - Cowboys vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Put some money down for Shibasaki to score. Players making their Broncos debut against the Cowboys tend to score.

Round 1, 2002 - Steve Irwin scores a double on debut.
Round 1, 2006 - Darius Boyd scores on debut.
Round 1, 2009 - Israel Folau, Antonio Winterstein, Jharal Yow Yeh score on debut.
Round 1, 2010 - Matt Gillett scores on debut.
Round 1, 2011 - Jack Reed and Dane Gagai scores on debut.
Last time I did that George fai sat on the bench for 80mins.

Edit: in general. Not against the cows.

Last edited:
TPJ is training with the boys this morning, looks like he will play

No no no no no........absolutely NO! He needs to be preserved & resting him this week doesn't hurt us unless JT & mob plays like they did in previous games against us. My heart says they won't turn up to this game with a short turn around.

But, resting TPJ this week as planned & having him fresh & firing from next week is vital. Please rest him.

No no no no no........absolutely NO! He needs to be preserved & resting him this week doesn't hurt us unless JT & mob plays like they did in previous games against us. My heart says they won't turn up to this game with a short turn around.

But, resting TPJ this week as planned & having him fresh & firing from next week is vital. Please rest him.

I think the opposite we need him on the field as much as possible and we can’t afford to rest him. We ain’t even assured in the top 8 yet so we don’t have the luxury to do that. I think we are going to struggle to win this game and I’m not feeling confident at all.

I think the opposite we need him on the field as much as possible and we can’t afford to rest him. We ain’t even assured in the top 8 yet so we don’t have the luxury to do that. I think we are going to struggle to win this game and I’m not feeling confident at all.
If we are going to be any chance in the finals, we need him at 100% ... Not the 50% he has been playing at for weeks now

Interesting stat given all the debate about McCullough.

Brisbane have scored 35.8% of tries through the middle third 24/67. Highest percent of any team.

Cowboys have conceded the most through the same channel.

Preserved for what? Mad Monday? You need all hands on deck when you are fighting for your playoff lives. A 70% fit TPJ could be enough tonic for a victory. TPJ "preserved" is asking for trouble.

Interesting stat given all the debate about McCullough.

Brisbane have scored 35.8% of tries through the middle third 24/67. Highest percent of any team.

Cowboys have conceded the most through the same channel.

It also helps that we finally have a forward pack that are capable of scoring from close range.

Preserved for what? Mad Monday? You need all hands on deck when you are fighting for your playoff lives. A 70% fit TPJ could be enough tonic for a victory. TPJ "preserved" is asking for trouble.

If can’t win without TPJ then just postponing the inevitable when he isn’t ready. Low risk missing finals (possible but not high risk). Low chance of winning finals games without him.

Rather risk missing the 8 then and going for everything in finals then making up the numbers...

Same with Isaako at back and Boyd at centre.

Missing the 8 isn’t worst outcome this year, a complacent first or second week drop out of finals is for me. Young boys and the non existent leadership in playing group need a kick in the ass anyway. We can’t win a premiership this year without huge risks. It’s time to go for broke.

We crash then lessons learnt for next two years, we go deep into September then amazing.

Last edited:

I BEG you to explain to me, how it is logical to risk serious injury to arguably our best player right now, for the sake of making a finals series that everyone knows in their hearts we will go nowhere in.

Slater is on the retirement list now. The Storm have the premiership all but secured barring a monumental collapse that we also know they're not capable of. We need to look to the future now.

What about that tonic against Bulldogs last week?

What about that tonic against Bulldogs last week?
84 mtrs and 20 tackles in 48 mins is still pretty good for a guy who had a quiet night. Who would you rather have? A semi-fit Tevita or a fully fit Tagasleazy? He will do the job tonight and then some.

If can’t win without TPJ then just postponing the inevitable when he isn’t ready. Low risk missing finals (possible but not high risk). Low chance of winning finals games without him.

Rather risk missing the 8 then and going for everything in finals then making up the numbers...

Same with Isaako at back and Boyd at centre.

Missing the 8 isn’t worst outcome this year, a complacent first or second week drop out of finals is for me. Young boys and the non existent leadership in playing group need a kick in the ass anyway. We can’t win a premiership this year without huge risks. It’s time to go for broke.

We crash then lessons learnt for next two years, we go deep into September then amazing.
I think the medical staff are a little more qualified to make that decision than some anonymous fans who probably don't work in the field. They wouldn't send him out there if there was a significant risk. These guys get paid to play in pain. Worrying about something that hasn't happened yet is foolhardy in the extreme.

84 mtrs and 20 tackles in 48 mins is still pretty good for a guy who had a quiet night. Who would you rather have? A semi-fit Tevita or a fully fit Tagasleazy? He will do the job tonight and then some.

We are heading towards finals mate. We do not want our key player to be semi-fit rather have him 100% fit & firing for mine.

I for one, want TPJ to play first 30min & back-end of 30min in terrorizing opponents. Definitely not the the TPJ who's half fit and can only contribute half his potential.

Active Now

• Mustafur
  • I bleed Maroon
  • barker
  • Foordy
  • cento
  • Skathen
  • Mr Fourex
  • Locky's Left Boot
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.