PRE-GAME Round 22 - Cowboys vs Broncos

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Hard game: take out McGuire and TPJ out of the middle and it's a huge blow.

Hardly a bold prediction but I think we've seen the last of Kahu in Broncos colours. Kearney will throw him a bone at the Warriors and he'll gladly take it.

Just watched the 2015 grand final replay and Sammi farted in Ben Hunts general direction just as he was about to catch the kick off. Yous are right and he’s secretly been trying to let the cows win! Cause nrl players aren’t the most competitive humans on earth, they’re more interested in letting the childhood clubs they’re still fans of at family bbq’s win then lifting a grand final trophy themselves. Sam is gonna fart on some bronco this Thursday for sure and throw the game for us. I can feel it.

In all seriousness but, Joffa in lock is gonna be a good move against cows but we are gonna have to hold the ball if we wanna have a chance. Last week looked like someone swapped the deodorant hand spray with olive oil.

Hard game: take out McGuire and TPJ out of the middle and it's a huge blow.

TPJ is a big loss but I don’t think McGuire is. He’s been hurting us too often this season with his lack of discipline, constantly giving away stupid penalties and stupid penalties late in the count.

We were managing without him just fine when he was out injured. I was sceptical of Ofahengaue at lock based on his time there in previous seasons but he showed he can do a great job there.

But as I said before, TPJ is the big loss. We are going to miss his energy in attack and defence.

Hardly a bold prediction but I think we've seen the last of Kahu in Broncos colours. Kearney will throw him a bone at the Warriors and he'll gladly take it.

Kahu is reportedly going to try his luck in Union. He wants to play Union over in NZ at some point in his life and it sounds like he wants to do it now.

All valid points.

But the comment still makes you wonder - would he have given just a little more if he was in a Cowboys jersey? Even just for that one game...

I think to question his commitment is just taking it too far. He busted his arse out for years for this jersey. As for that one game, well he wanted that trophy very badly so he didn’t put in less because he was playing for the Broncos and not the Cowboys.

Honestly, I think people are making a mountain out of a molehill.

Well, if we lose to the Cowboys, we've got 2 tough as **** games right afterwards too (Souffs and Roosters), so could theoretically go 0 from 3 over next 3 weeks. Might get knocked out of the 8. Then we also have Manly last, they always seem to lift for us.

With our side at the moment, it wouldn't surprise me one bit if we knocked the Roosters & Souths over in consecutive weeks

Round22Team

Great reward for Fifita, Wayne giving him a spot in the starting side instead of sims

Sitting back and being realistic, it's amazing we're actually already 90% locked in to the top 8 already.

Having Bird and Gillett out for pretty much the entire season is like playing with $1.5 million less of a salary cap.

Add in to our injuries and suspensions now, and we're also without McGuire, Su'a, Haas, TPJ, etc, and we really have no right to be able to even compete with the Cowboys, who IIRC are really only now missing Morgan.

Sitting back and being realistic, it's amazing we're actually already 90% locked in to the top 8 already.

Having Bird and Gillett out for pretty much the entire season is like playing with $1.5 million less of a salary cap.

Add in to our injuries and suspensions now, and we're also without McGuire, Su'a, Haas, TPJ, etc, and we really have no right to be able to even compete with the Cowboys, who IIRC are really only now missing Morgan.
You're right although I'm not sure how much it says about us and how much it says about them. They will say they are in a rebuilding year but I can't see where they have done it. The thing with this club is that there is no such excuse accepted. We expect excellence every year.

Tagatese will be valuable in this game. I think we should give him a contract for next season. He's never let us down, but we have really underused him in favour of blooding young guns, which I completely understand - not sure if he will stay.

Thaiday and Sims go next season, and we need some experience in the bank.

Active Now

• Astro
  • heartly87
  • Santa
  • Ondi
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Sproj
  • Dee
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fozz
  • Dony Eliakim
  • Tmac
  • kiwibronco
  • Dash
  • Old Mate
  • Maroon4life
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.