Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Saturday
Afternoon
15:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cows are hard to get a read on for me. I'm not sure they are going as well as it seems.
They flogged the Tigpies but their most recent results have been close or unconvincing against sides with significant outs .
Keen to see them against the Titans today, a genuine mid table side that competes for the most part.
They could be in the 4 by the end of next weekend if Storm lose to the Panthers and they win today and next week which would be remarkable.
Storm play Friday night so potentially Cows are playing us for a top 4 spot.
Even their last game against Panthers potentially is easier than it should be if Penriff rest players as they have done in the past.
Semi finals are here already with the table condensed like it is. 38 points needed to make top 4 so every game matters.
Let’s say Penrith have top spot sewed up coming in to the final round, and the cowboys are in the fight for 4th. Do they rest players because they have already got the minor premiership and allow the cows to get a win over them to claim 4th and potentially then play them the week after?

Let’s say Penrith have top spot sewed up coming in to the final round, and the cowboys are in the fight for 4th. Do they rest players because they have already got the minor premiership and allow the cows to get a win over them to claim 4th and potentially then play them the week after?
They have in the last couple of years. This year could be different because they rested their SoO players fairly well during the season and Nathan is only 2 games back from his hammy, it's going to depend on their situation at the time I guess.

My guess would be they would want the cows out of the 4 but it depends where everyone is on the table. We might win all remaining games and be in top spot and Penriff will probably want the Minor Premiership, there are so many possibilities 5 weeks out.
They will have last look at it though because all the games impacting the top of the table are played before they play the cows.

I think the Cows will be and should be more concerned about us than the other way around.
If we play to our capabilities, we’ll win.

It’s gonna be a huge game, can’t wait!

They beat the Storm 45-20.
They beat Panthers 27-23.
They beat Rabbits 31-6 (in Sydney).
Flogged the Tigers.
Beat Manly 19-8, again in Sydney.
Beat a resurgent Eels 24-16.
They will beat the Titans comfortably today, only way they don't is if they're already looking forward to our game next week. Keep that in mind if they're not right on their game this afternoon, they have had next week circled ever since we beat them earlier in the year.

They are a confidence team, and they are flying high. I will not be surprised in the slightest if they give us a touch up. We can't let them get too far in front or they will go on with it.

But I also know that we have the team to rattle them and take home the win, too. And this team of ours doesn't look so panicky when they get behind anymore, because they have the belief that they can score points. It's a genuinely mouthwatering matchup and I can't fucking wait!! It's likely we will meet them again in the course of the finals so this shapes as an important game for our mentality as well as our final ladder position.
Beat the Titans comfortably you say😃

I don't see a scenario where they don't rest players.

Panthers won't be worried about taking them on the following week. They're arrogant and for a very good reason, they know they can beat anyone.

Judiciary discussion
muppet#1 - "2-3 weeks yeah?"
muppet#2 - "hang on, aren't they playing the donkeys next week?"
muppet#1 - "So just a fine?"
muppet#2 - "Yeah, I reckon"
Sad, but true. It's so depressing most of us knowing that this is exactly how the convo is going to go. 😕

Not charged according to the NRL judiciary report. He is completely absent from it.
There level of incompetence and "bias" is deadset incredible.
You'd get better, and more consistent results if you surveyed 100 random people off the street and went with the majority. That's not even a joke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• PNG Broncos fan88
  • Canga
  • MrRobot
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.