Queensland Country Bank Stadium

Saturday
Afternoon
15:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
Precautionary? So Kev feels safe enough to lose this one and thinks a win over the Eels & the bye gets us a top 4.

A team built around the health of 1 player is really starting to get old.

Yeah would feel much better with sailor coming in. At least he has some X factor. Jock Is so incredibly mid it's painful.

Yeah would feel much better with sailor coming in. At least he has some X factor. Jock Is so incredibly mid it's painful.

He isn't and he will prove it.

Also our team during day games:
goth-sunlight.gif

hang in there big man
Well. fk me. Arey out just adds to the shittiest week I've had in a long time. If we lose tomorrow, you can all blame me. Sorry.

I'd be tempted to play Sailor at 6 but have Walsh play first receiver in attack. Give him the keys along with mam and just have them run at the cows all day.
The club must see something in Jock (that none of us have seen): the latest rumour has him being offered another 2 years.

Madden really hasn’t impressed me that much. If he fails this game I’d consider throwing Sailor in at 5/8 and moving Maam to 7

Madden plays well in Cup but I am yet to be convinced it's the type of plays well in NRL type football.

He was better last week playing for other people which is what is needed in NRL- nice pass for Rogers to score, nice kick for Delouise to score, lovely pass for Simms to score.

Tempo control is his issue, his first instinct is run all the time. Just run. 427 times he's got the ball in nine Cup games this season and run 118 times. That's over a quarter.

His kicking game was excellent last round, killed the Falcons. He needs to just find a middle of using the kicking from last week and picking his moments to run but throw in his good work for his outside backs.

And be ok if you can't run 20 times- which you're not going to do ever in an NRL game. That much running says you're not sitting back waiting for a chance- you're forcing it.

Just for reference Reynolds has run the ball 45 times in 19 games.

I reckon we’ll be fine. His experience is a miss, but there’s enough out there to get us through this game with 2 points at the end of it.
It’ll be closer now though for sure.

Even with Adam in, most of our attacking would come on the back of Walsh and kicking from Adam.

If Jock can cover 50% of Adam’s kicking (I strongly think he can cover that much) the attack will still come from Walsh. We’re sweet! Smack those Cowgirls.

I still think we have a team capable of beating the cows. It will do our confidence wonders if we can scrape a win without Adam.

Personally I would have tried something different to Madden but by all accounts he’s been pretty solid in his most recent cup games. Not sure what other options there are.

Maybe something really bizarre like Patty to 7. I think defence would’ve got us through and if we just play the power game our backs would’ve found something.

Scrape a win without Reyno? Yet by your standards nah we aren’t too reliant on one player.

K son

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Maddy
  • Fozz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Spooky1013
  • winslow_wong
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Wolfie
  • Santa
  • thenry
  • Painin the Haas
  • Bish
  • Skathen
  • Waynesaurus
  • Broncosgirl
  • Redux
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Manofoneway
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Behind enemy lines
... and 57 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.