Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Dash

Dash

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Dec 12, 2014
I was worried about Opacic and Milford up against Ma'u, but Opa chopped him down time and time again. Great effort by the young bloke.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
What I liked seeing? Hunt in a circle with his team mates giving instructions, both halves played an important part in tonight's win and I think will take some valuable confidence out of that which clearly they have lacked. Seeing our boys making the effort to really chase our last tackle kicks on the attack to trap them in goal and you could tell from those efforts that really motivated to work harder and boosts your confidence. Things like that are what I wanted to see from the side.

Not everything we did tonight was great, we were guilty of cheap turnovers which the better sides will punish you for and though I thought we improved in general in our defensive efforts tonight still concerns me though some of the softness there but this is something that won't change overnight either. We still have plenty of improvement to make to really make a dent in the finals, but tonight was encouraging.

Was happy with Pearson's debut, handled himself well and would be happy to see him out there for the coming games. Tevita Pangai Junior also impressed me tonight, made a heap of metres tonight for a short period and good impact too.

Last edited:
Jason Simmons

Jason Simmons

NRL Captain
Apr 18, 2013
We somehow also made more missed tackles than the Eels too at 24-23 (according to stats on the NRL app at time of checking) and made more errors and conceded more penalties...

so yeah a bit to work on!

Last edited:
Sproj

Sproj

Immortal
Senior Staff
Sep 6, 2013
Boyd - That pass for Pearson's first try was sublime! He was fantastic tonight. 9
Oates - Phenomenal...then horrendous...then phenomenal...then even worse. 5
Opacic - Reed 2.0, not flashy but does his job and does it very well. 7
Roberts - I thought he was good, did a lot of little things that I noticed, not afraid to get his hands dirty. 7
Pearson - So much JYY in that second try, has more than earned another shot next week. Why hasn't he been given a shot? 8
Milford - Oh boy, what a game! He sparked the boys and smiled again. 10
Hunt - I think he's a bit like Mitchell Johnson in that when his defense is on, his attack follows. 8
McGuire - He just never stopped, absolute machine. 9
McCullough - I thought he looked a lot sharper in attack tonight, good signs. 8
Blair - For the second time in his Broncs career, he has put egg on my face and happily so, great game! 8
Thaiday - He backed up last week with another great game. 8
Gillett - He looks busted but he is the life of that right edge defense, very good. 7
Parker - He played like Gallen tonight, kept kind of popping up at weird times and kicked horribly. 5

TPJ - What an impact he had, was phenomenal tonight. What an offload. 9
Wallace - Came on, got penalized, made a good hit up, went off injured. Eventful. 3
Glenn - Again provided some real spark off the bench and his footwork is really causing headaches in the middle third when he comes on. 8
Arrow - Got on late and basically did his job. 6

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
Just watching the replays of those kick chases and Bennett might as well just announce boyd as our captain for next year
he was leading the way every time tonight and we were feeding off it

MaroubraBroncos

MaroubraBroncos

QCup Player
Oct 15, 2013
No way. give Milf his due. He didnt it on his own, oh and because Parra gave us some good field position. Pangai jnr played well. Pearson got lucky but would like to see him again for sure. Parker was good. Gillett and Thaiday not as good. Opacic doing well. Roberts extremely quiet.

Got lucky? that second try was a solid try scoring effort! I know maranta wouldn't of scored that try

2ndPhase

2ndPhase

QCup Player
May 1, 2016
Not close to perfect but that's all I'm after. Compounding improvement, 10% week on week. And take it all the way to the bank come September.

Rally Towel

Rally Towel

NRL Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2014
Watching these replays, we really put the hurt on French. Getting bumped off all night.

The kid can play but he needs to get Griffin fit or he'll always be dominated in contact. Has to be the smallest back in the league, surely? Makes Sam Perrett look like Goliath.

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Just watching the replays of those kick chases and Bennett might as well just announce boyd as our captain for next year
he was leading the way every time tonight and we were feeding off it

Really miss seeing a good kick chase. Those days when locky kicked to the corner and hodges would lead the chase.

GCBRONCO

GCBRONCO

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
You know I had mixed feelings about Glenn on the bench, but I reckon his past two games have been his best in a long time, particularly tonight, I think Sproj is right on the money with his rating there.

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Not to take anything away from TPJ and Pearson, they had awesome games, but you have to give credit where its due to the more seasoned guys tonight. Milf for his brilliance, Hunt and McC for their kicking and control of the game.

3. Milford
2. Hunt
1. McC

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Andrew McCullough 9's MotM.

Horseheadsup

Horseheadsup

NRL Player
Mar 21, 2016
Well better to be on the up than peaked and chocking.
Yeehaaa!

winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
Are we all getting behind the roosters this Sunday?

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • GCBRONCO
  • Morkel
  • Strop
  • Browny
  • Bucking Beads
  • Jazza
  • Organix
  • I bleed Maroon
  • RodF
  • winslow_wong
  • Galco
  • Manofoneway
  • lynx000
  • Brocko
  • Harry Sack
  • Dash
  • Culhwch
  • broncs30
... and 35 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.