Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Anthony Milford is a freak.

Last edited by a moderator:
austin71

austin71

NRL Player
Apr 21, 2013
How good is it to have the whole weekend ahead of you knowing we had a great win the night before. Hopefully Parker will work on his goal kicking this week

broncsgoat

broncsgoat

State of Origin Captain
Contributor
Oct 28, 2013
Had the Broncs by 13-18. Last try wasn't fun to watch...

FGfrom50

FGfrom50

NYC Player
Sep 2, 2015
Great long kicking game from both Hunt and Macca; where has that been? Macca needs to kick more! That and the offloading from our forward pack was probably what excites me the most going forward. So many things that we haven't been doing well clicked last night, but it came back to those two factors more than anything else for mine.

T

talanoa

NRL Player
Jan 16, 2014
where are all the anti hunt members hiding? im guessing we arent sacking him today!
much improved performance but im still not convinced.
eels had no norman, foran, semi, paulo and takarangi from their original roster, effectively if you role reverse we would take out milf, hunt, mcguire, oates and roberts which would effectively put up a second grade team like the eels did. the real test will come in the next few weeks.
milf was individually good but his defense is still very suspect and with a decent opposition they will go at him hard.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
So, Gillett looks busted.... Did Wayne mention anything in the press con? We can't loose him again

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
The Eels were a better opposition than has been made out. They've been missing Foran most of the year, Semi for a long while now, and coming in to last night would have been on the same points of us with a way better defensive record. They've been winning on guts, and we've been out-gutsed for the last 2 months, so to get over the Eels is a good sign IMO.

Stix

Stix

NRL Player
Mar 28, 2014
Heads didn't drop when they had points put on them early... The defence looked a bit shaky and they hung in and played themselves into the game. That is where confidence comes from. I'm loving what I saw last night, they played like a team again. If the forwards aim up against the dogs we'll win easily.

Last edited:
winslow_wong

winslow_wong

International Captain
May 27, 2013
So the media had hyped up bevan French a bit lately so Milford goes ahead and gives him an epic bump off. Take that.

Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
That's the biggie. We were a team. For the first time in a long time. The kick-chases were orgasmic but there were also some other defensive plays that stood out. There was one set where the Eels were attacking hard, right after Gillett stops an almost certain try, the next play our defence rushes up so fast and hard that the Eels lose 15 metres. The effort plays were there, but critically, there at the right times.

J

jamesqld

NYC Player
Jun 6, 2013
That's the biggie. We were a team. For the first time in a long time. The kick-chases were orgasmic but there were also some other defensive plays that stood out. There was one set where the Eels were attacking hard, right after Gillett stops an almost certain try, the next play our defence rushes up so fast and hard that the Eels lose 15 metres. The effort plays were there, but critically, there at the right times.

Yes! That was so great to watch. I haven't seen that in so long. It was so good because it was the entire team in 1 big line.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
So, Gillett looks busted.... Did Wayne mention anything in the press con? We can't loose him again

He still has problems with the shoulder.

He is going to play through it and get surgery done when the season is over.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Last night showed that Ben Hunt can kick when we have the momentum.

He put in a couple of ordinary efforts, like the kick that just went dead in-goal.

But overall his kicking was great.

Quite a few of those kicks he has been putting in all season, and the chasers were actually chasing them and smashing the fullback the moment he got the ball. This is why Hunt puts up a high bombs. If the chasers actually chase the ball and smash the fullback when he gets the ball, they start their set in their 10 and it allows us to pin them down their end.

His kicking is better than what people say it is.

His issue is choosing the right kick and consistency, and last night I thought he did a pretty good job at that.

Next week, I want to see him put in some good long kicks and I want to see the same determination in the chase as last night. Turn these big forwards around and tire them out just like he did in 2014.

Last edited:
Morkel

Morkel

International Captain
Contributor
Jan 25, 2013
Yes! That was so great to watch. I haven't seen that in so long. It was so good because it was the entire team in 1 big line.

Yeah, it was a literal wall of suffocating, unified defence.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Mustafur
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.