Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
I've got to get behind the Cowboys and Melbourne in a big way for SVRL reasons...:laugh:

Maybe next week?

I bleed Maroon

I bleed Maroon

International Rep
Apr 17, 2013
Are we all getting behind the roosters this Sunday?

It will be the only time in my life I root for a bunch of cockheads. If the Cows lose again and go on a slump of their own, that opens our door to the top 4. Whether it be by us or the Cows, one of Canberra or Canterbury is slipping out of the 4 by round 26.

Last edited:
vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
Be interesting to see the forwards' stats before those repeat sets and after - nice to see a bit of mongrel back.

Battler

Battler

State of Origin Rep
Dec 4, 2013
My goodness we have some serious talent coming through in the forwards. Pangai is a freak of nature, Su'A looks like he'll be international quality as he matures, Arrow is already composed for his age (just needs game time), and Ese'ese is a big body who will keep getting better. Even if we don't go on with it this year, at least there's a silver lining.

Cult

Cult

International Rep
Contributor
Oct 17, 2013
I guess this Sunday we will all know how Roosterman feels. Cheering for the Broncos and Roosters at the same time. Not sure how I feel about it.

coreyh88

coreyh88

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2012
Our kicking a and game management tonight were elite, top level stuff. Mostly macca and hunt. It makes you realise though how much a kick's "quality" is affected by the chase.

Dexter

Dexter

State of Origin Rep
Contributor
Mar 26, 2008
The worst I have us finishing is 6th, IF we get a couple of results including us beating Melb we may finish 4th. Worst case we finish 6th but if the Raiders and Dogs finish 3 & 4 they would have to be the most beatable 3rd and 4th sides since we changed to this current system.

We have all been waiting for a pulse for the last 6 weeks, tonight we got it. Next week will be another step up. Melb will IMO be a week too early but not impossible. At least we have a sniff now and little belief will go a long way.

mitch222

mitch222

State of Origin Captain
Apr 4, 2014
I've got to get behind the Cowboys and Melbourne in a big way for SVRL reasons...:laugh:

Maybe next week?

Have you seen the donkeys squad this week
they have made a great start

ningnangnong

ningnangnong

HACK THE PLANET!!!
Forum Staff
Mar 5, 2008
The best two moments of that match were those utterly majestic kick chases from deep to tackle the Eels in their in-goal area.

I found those more exciting than any of the tries we scored. That kind of stuff has been missing from our game for a long time. Fantastic to see it back.

Also, T E V I T A P A N G A I J U N I O R is an absolute fucking beast and we should give the bloke a 300 year contract.

Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
Have you seen the donkeys squad this week
they have made a great start

If BHQ had any sense, they'd get behind the Donkeys.

Love the squad. It's not often you consider trading Johnathan Thurston, but with some of the names on the Donkeys squad...

vertigo

vertigo

State of Origin Rep
Mar 2, 2010
The best two moments of that match were those utterly majestic kick chases from deep to tackle the Eels in their in-goal area.

I found those more exciting than any of the tries we scored. That kind of stuff has been missing from our game for a long time. Fantastic to see it back.

You're inside my head, massive defensive plays get me more than anything.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Pearson handled his debut very well. He was terrific.

But it was against the Eels so I guess it means nothing..

Last edited:
Alec

Alec

International Rep
Mar 4, 2008
TPJ looked good. Pearson had a good debut. Milford looks like he might be starting to find confidence again. Looks a little slimmer too.

B

bazza

NRL Player
Sep 24, 2013
I think Glenn has found a home on the bench. Thaiday's been doing a good job next to Milford and I'm starting to see a bit of combination develop between them. Thaiday is pretty talented with ball in hand and it doesn't really get used up in the front row, but I'm sure now that he's back on an edge he'll be able to free either Milford, Opacic or Oates with some subtle slight of hand.

Glenn's not really big enough in my opinion to be starting, but when he comes off the bench, he's leg speed and drive really adds a spark. He won't neccessarily come up with a huge Taumalolo like run, but he's been effective at testing tiring forwards with his agility and footwork. He can really worry the opposition with a few changes of direction and can get our halves moving forward after a solid charge and a quick play the ball. He's defence is also good enough to keep our defence tight when our starting forwards are interchanged. I think we've got a nice balance of youth and experience in key positions and I think the team dynamics are better with Glenn on the bench.

Super Freak

Super Freak

International Captain
Forum Staff
Jan 25, 2014
Brisbane five-eighth Anthony Milford helped inspire his side to a 38-16 win over the Parramatta Eels at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night.

It was arguably Milford's best performance for the year, with the young Broncos half terrorising the Eels' defence from start to finish.

His stellar game helped Brisbane overcome the loss of winger Lachlan Maranta before kick-off, with exciting youngster Jonus Pearson handed his debut.

Fellow winger Corey Oates scored a hat-trick, overcoming a run of poor form and rediscovering his confidence in the process.

Parramatta tried hard all night, but lacked the class and polish of a finals bound side like the Broncos.

Brisbane's top four hopes are now improving and they have their livewire half to thank, with Milford's scintillating footwork proving too much for the Eels.

After a classy first half, Milford continued his brilliant display in the second 40 minutes – beating three Eels defenders on his way to an impressive solo try under the posts. He converted from straight in front to give the Broncos a 20-10 lead in the 46th minute.

Oates bagged himself his third try of the night in the 57th minute, with Brisbane forward Tevita Pangai Junior producing a superb flick pass to put the hulking winger over in the corner. Parker continued his poor night with the boot, missing the conversion and keeping the score at 24-10.

Hunt continued the onslaught in the 61st minute, running at the Parramatta line and dummying to crash over for a try and make the score 28-10.

Pearson capped off a dream debut in the 65th minute, scoring his second try of the night. Parker converted well from the sideline and Brisbane's lead was suddenly 24.

The Eels added some respectability to the scoreboard in the 77th minute, with prop Danny Wicks running over the Broncos' defence to score a great solo try. Michael Gordon slotted the conversion to make it 34-16.

Milford put the icing on the cake as the final siren sounded, beating several defenders to put Pangai Junior over in the corner. Parker's dismal night with the boot continued and the score finished 38-16, but the Broncos didn't have it all their own way.

In a stark contrast to the second half, Brisbane started the match poorly and it cost them dearly early on in the contest, with the Eels dominating field position and silencing the Suncorp Stadium crowd.

A Tom Opacic mistake gave Parramatta an ideal opportunity to score in the 4th minute, and young gun Bevan French provided the goods, beating three Broncos defenders to score next to the right touchline. Gordon converted from a tough angle to give the Eels an early 6-0 lead.

The Broncos hit back moments later, with an exquisite cut-out pass from Darius Boyd finding debutant Pearson. The 21-year-old made no mistake – scoring his first NRL try and making the score 6-4 after 11 minutes.

Parker missed that conversion, but he made up for it in 16th minute as he converted a penalty goal that levelled the scores.

A dull period of play ended in the 32nd minute when Brisbane winger Corey Oates scored acrobatically in the corner. The score remained 10-6 as Parker again failed to convert.

Oates went from hero to villain in the 36th minute – knocking on a Jeff Robson kick in the in-goal. Parramatta forward David Gower pounced on the loose ball and his four-pointer tied the scores at 10-all.

Just as the crowd thought it would be all even going into the half-time break, Milford produced an individual act of brilliance that turned into one of the plays of the year.

The 22-year-old dummied on his own 40 metre line and broke through the Parramatta defensive line. He then beat Gordon at fullback and grubbered for Oates to score. Milford missed the conversion, but his act of genius gave the Broncos all the momentum heading into the break.

This momentum helped Brisbane run away with the match and secure a much-needed win.

Brisbane Broncos 38 (Oates 3, Pearson 2, Hunt, Milford, Pangai Junior tries; Parker 2, Milford goals) def. Parramatta Eels 16 (French, Gower, Wicks tries; Gordon 2 goals). Crowd: 30,189

Broncos return to form to beat Eels - NRL.com

Last edited:

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • BruiserMk1
  • Mustafur
  • ivanhungryjak
  • bb_gun
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.