/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

The touchies last night were useless.

In the first half when Isaako was taken over the sideline, he released the ball before he even went out but the touchie said he didn't. The ball also didn't touch the line at all. It should have been play on when Roberts got the ball.

Yeah because we didn't get any calls at all did we - like the forward pass from Milford to Sims, or Roberts being pulled into touch but it being called back for a second effort. Or Sims changing his line to block Reynolds chasing the ball into the in goal.

Spare me the conspiracy theories. You get some calls and calls go against you.

Milford's pass to Sims looked forward live, but watch a few replays and it's clears as day backwards

Roberts clearly stopped moving, tackle is complete, and they go again to drag him out - that's been a penalty since Moses was playing halfback for the Egypt under 9's

Sorry @Broncs_Fan but you're dead wrong on those 2

As for Sims on Reynolds, I definitely would not have complained if that had been a penalty against us - I don't know how the video ref missed that

Milford's pass to Sims looked forward live, but watch a few replays and it's clears as day backwards

Roberts clearly stopped moving, tackle is complete, and they go again to drag him out - that's been a penalty since Moses was playing halfback for the Egypt under 9's

Sorry @Broncs_Fan but you're dead wrong on those 2

As for Sims on Reynolds, I definitely would not have complained if that had been a penalty against us - I don't know how the video ref missed that

Because what Sims did is legal. You're allowed to do that.

He doesn't take Reynolds out. He just gets in his way.

Because what Sims did is legal. You're allowed to do that.

Really?

It looked to me that Sims looked to his right and changed his line to impede Reynolds

I could be wrong but I think I've seen very similar stuff penalised

Still, not complaining - at best it's the right call, at worst it's one that finally went our way :)

Yeah because we didn't get any calls at all did we - like the forward pass from Milford to Sims, or Roberts being pulled into touch but it being called back for a second effort. Or Sims changing his line to block Reynolds chasing the ball into the in goal.

Spare me the conspiracy theories. You get some calls and calls go against you.

The pass from Milf wasn't forward.

I don't know about Fox, but on Channel 9 the ref was calling "held" repeatedly a long time before they put Roberts in to touch. 100% a penalty.

Sims changing his line was a dodgy one.

But they also got the Isaako call wrong when he (didn't actually) go in to touch.

For the Kahu no-try, despite the ball being caught on the inside, there was zero impedance to any defender. None at all, It happened at a distance from the defensive line that would not obstruct.

Anyone else notice that our mid-game fades happen at the exact same time we are penalized for just making tackles? This sport is bullshit. It's less real than pro wrestling at this point. The NRL was getting too much attention on the race for the spoon that they needed to create a race for the top 8. We were shafted against the Dogs and the Cowboys should never have been in that game. Good to be allowed to play tonight even if they tried to keep Souths in the game all night.

Welcome aboard.

giphy.gif

General spewing of observations ...

I don't think there's been a more consistent high-level performer than Ofahengaue this season. Milford had some great kicks at crucial times. Kahu ran with more purpose than any game I can remember this year. Boyd was a lot more enthusiastic. Sims will always be a bit of a plodder but his energy has been tops over the past month or so.

Real strange season because as much as they've looked so disinterested in some matches, I'd also back them to mix it with anyone in the eight come finals (bar Melbourne).

Huge win agree game of 3/3rds. Really solid games for big boppers. Thaiday double his usual run meters. Lodge seemed a bit flat but hopefully a couple weeks on the bench with less minutes will freshen him up. Isaako terrible on wing. Reynolds very smart to target the fake kick cause rest of team stops knowing Boyd won’t be there for a grubber. Boyd’s passing was best results all season although Rabbits inexperience our wide made easy sport. Still think Isaako has to go fullback, Boyd swaps from centre inside the 20 and Kahu to wing. Same issue if 17th man barely used. Can we please get Turpin a run? If injury to halves or backrow Macca can cover 7 or lock in a crunch. Vulnerable to outside backs injury though. Glenn is too slow to play centre but no other options.

Rabbits were cooked for a lot of the game imagine fatigue after couple big weeks and then almost blew us off the park in the middle. So good and important win but still need the full 80 with 17 men to go deep in September.

We had them on the ropes up until the refs helped swing the momentum their way. From the 30 minute mark until about the 50 to 60 minute mark there was only penalties for souths. The boys D was not as bad as it looked as most of the tries came on either the second or third repeat set. Once we got the ball and held onto it, the boys put on the points to get the W. Good work lads. Milf was great tonight.

Definitely glad we got the win tonight but I stand by what I’ve been saying for the last few years.

We’ve had glimpses of what this squad is capable of at times this year but I believe Bennett’s conservative approach to the modern game is restricting us.

I also had a sneaking suspicion all the way through this week that all this drama has been cooked up by Bennett/White & co as a tool to get the squad up for this week.
Third or fourth highest points scored. Conservative? Huh?

Just a quick shout out to Fifita who will probably get overshadowed in the chatter by Oates and TPJ. He had a superb game for an 18 year old and how he managed to score that try in so much traffic is straight up freakish.

Also there is nothing funnier than the disappearing act @Brent81 makes when he shits on Bennett prematurely than is made to look stupid lol

Last edited:
Just come out of your Bronco hating cupboard already.

That pass was backwards from the hands, Milf was running forward and it only floated a short distance.

The Robert's call was correct also.
As soon as Fifita made contact the rule states that the ref must call held.

LOL. I think saying there is no conspiracy against the Broncos and calls go for and against us is perfectly reasonable.

Guys, stop going on about the refs. They might have got a couple of soft penalties, but we got some too. And what about that regather from the fucking stupid short kick off with 5 minutes to go. Alex Glenn clearly knocked it forward.
Do you know what really swung the momentum? Kodi's 2 half assed clearing kicks to the 30m and 40m on the full. What we needed there was a massive boot or at the very least to put it into touch. Rubbish handling errors and also fatigue - that stupid offload on our 15m line for eg.

No coincidence that when our starting forwards went off we struggled, when they came back on we lifted.

Simple as this, when milford's kicking game is on, we win..If it's off, we loose.
His 4th tackle kick into the in goal last night turned the game. That was the match winner for mine right there.
Hopefully consistency is something that will come to him at the back end of this year.
His kicking game in 2018 is up 1000% on previous years..Hats off to him there.

Agree. Thought the Pangai charge had equal importance too.

LOL. I think saying there is no conspiracy against the Broncos and calls go for and against us is perfectly reasonable.
I didn't say it was against the Broncos. Every game follows the same script.
Guys, stop going on about the refs. They might have got a couple of soft penalties, but we got some too. And what about that regather from the fucking stupid short kick off with 5 minutes to go. Alex Glenn clearly knocked it forward.
Do you know what really swung the momentum? Kodi's 2 half assed clearing kicks to the 30m and 40m on the full. What we needed there was a massive boot or at the very least to put it into touch. Rubbish handling errors and also fatigue - that stupid offload on our 15m line for eg.

No coincidence that when our starting forwards went off we struggled, when they came back on we lifted.
No. Go time how long we were holding them down for and compare it to what they were getting away with. It's one of those shitty grey area penalties that nobody can question which gets every team back into the game every week.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Fozz
  • marw
  • Rambstien
  • ivanhungryjak
  • matthewransom34@ic
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.