Support Play
/ Set Completion /
Penalties (Conceded)
Set Restarts
Errors

Player Stats

# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P
# T Pts TA LB TB OFF Ta MT IT Pos DR K KM M E P

Anyone else notice that our mid-game fades happen at the exact same time we are penalized for just making tackles? This sport is bullshit. It's less real than pro wrestling at this point. The NRL was getting too much attention on the race for the spoon that they needed to create a race for the top 8. We were shafted against the Dogs and the Cowboys should never have been in that game. Good to be allowed to play tonight even if they tried to keep Souths in the game all night.

Anyone else notice that our mid-game fades happen at the exact same time we are penalized for just making tackles? This sport is bullshit. It's less real than pro wrestling at this point. The NRL was getting too much attention on the race for the spoon that they needed to create a race for the top 8. We were shafted against the Dogs and the Cowboys should never have been in that game. Good to be allowed to play tonight even if they tried to keep Souths in the game all night.

Yeah because we didn't get any calls at all did we - like the forward pass from Milford to Sims, or Roberts being pulled into touch but it being called back for a second effort. Or Sims changing his line to block Reynolds chasing the ball into the in goal.

Spare me the conspiracy theories. You get some calls and calls go against you.

There were definitely shitty even-it-up penalties, they happen in many games. We've had quite a few of them in recent weeks.

There were also fucking dumb actual penalties we gave away too. I said earlier that I think we just get too cocky in defence when we are in front sometimes. We should know that the refs will be keeping an extra eye on the team in front, don't give them any extra reasons to blow penalties, especially so many at once.

Or just start off shit and storm home I guess. We can't play the 80 minutes, just get the shit minutes out of the way first?

Also all the Storm wannabe jerseys have been winning in recent weeks. Can we keep wearing it?

Last edited:
Also driven by rusted-on fans who, for some unknown reason, still continue to listen to media dribblers.

Definitely glad we got the win tonight but I stand by what I’ve been saying for the last few years.

We’ve had glimpses of what this squad is capable of at times this year but I believe Bennett’s conservative approach to the modern game is restricting us.

I also had a sneaking suspicion all the way through this week that all this drama has been cooked up by Bennett/White & co as a tool to get the squad up for this week.

First wanna say top effort by our number 7, Milf and our number 6 Kodi. At least that’s how that should be. Doesn’t matter though. The so called lapse where rabs put 18 on is was a discipline problem. We didn’t lapse, we gave away field position and in so doing handed momentum. Also the tries on the outsides are not the fault of the wingers or even centre. They are a combo of sliding too slowly and lack of trust. When Oates came in at one stage on Gagai, the replay showed Glenn woulda prob got him so Oates should’ve trusted it and stayed on the wing. People don’t rate Maguire on here but he really helps get the young boys fired up with his aggression. TPJ and Fifita were immense. I’m blown away that a kid so young can play with so much heart. Credit to his parents. Boyd left his at at home. Mago doesn’t offer anything really. Sims has been pretty good but his tries have been him being smart enough to backup Milf and be vocal. Kahu played really good solid footy. Roberts looked like a headless chook. Thaiday was really strong and lifted the enthusiasm of those around him. Isaako was average but hard to do anything playing beside Roberts when he’s all over the shop.

Yeah because we didn't get any calls at all did we - like the forward pass from Milford to Sims, or Roberts being pulled into touch but it being called back for a second effort. Or Sims changing his line to block Reynolds chasing the ball into the in goal.

Spare me the conspiracy theories. You get some calls and calls go against you.

Just come out of your Bronco hating cupboard already.

That pass was backwards from the hands, Milf was running forward and it only floated a short distance .

The Robert's call was correct also.
As soon as Fifita made contact the rule states that the ref must call held.

I went -

3. Milford
2. Oates
1. Boyd

In the POTS, but you could make an argument for any order with those 3 guys honestly, all were awesome.

I hope people had money down for Oates either FTS or ATS.

His strike rate against the Rabbitohs is unbelievable. 11 tries in the last 7 games. He has scored in every game since Round 25, 2015.

That game you mentioned there I watch alll the time. Milf and Hunt were on fire that game.

First wanna say top effort by our number 7, Milf and our number 6 Kodi. At least that’s how that should be. Doesn’t matter though. The so called lapse where rabs put 18 on is was a discipline problem. We didn’t lapse, we gave away field position and in so doing handed momentum. Also the tries on the outsides are not the fault of the wingers or even centre. They are a combo of sliding too slowly and lack of trust. When Oates came in at one stage on Gagai, the replay showed Glenn woulda prob got him so Oates should’ve trusted it and stayed on the wing. People don’t rate Maguire on here but he really helps get the young boys fired up with his aggression. TPJ and Fifita were immense. I’m blown away that a kid so young can play with so much heart. Credit to his parents. Boyd left his at at home. Mago doesn’t offer anything really. Sims has been pretty good but his tries have been him being smart enough to backup Milf and be vocal. Kahu played really good solid footy. Roberts looked like a headless chook. Thaiday was really strong and lifted the enthusiasm of those around him. Isaako was average but hard to do anything playing beside Roberts when he’s all over the shop.
I didn't like that mago knocked on but saying he offers nothing is a little harsh.
I see a good second rower a little raw. That's what happens at times. He should be counseled about how he approaches the impact but that's it about him.
I'm more concerned a couple times, not just that one we failed to kick after being under pressure.
I actually thought our attitude was pretty good, it's just we were using a lot of energy at the start to grab the momentum. When we lost it we had to find a way to recover. We did.
Tonight they had a defensive weakness right from the start to the point a player gets hooked. We need to understand how to break teams down when that isn't the case. The roosters would be a very good team to apply that to.

Not sure if anyone noticed - it was after we scored one of our tries or Rabbits scored on of theirs, there was short clip of TPJ munching something during the break. Once he realized he's on screen, he tried to cover his mouth by chewing quickly & then placed his mouth guard in.

Me & wifey looked at each-other & said simultaneously 'is he still chewing the food from barbie at Wayne's place?' :pancarta:

How good is seibold........

Naaaaht

So the head scratching continues....Welcome to the 2018 Brisbane Broncos where not only can they be great one week and the worst the next but can literally change multiple times in one game.

Seeing how they didn't completely stink the place up this week unlike the past fortnight, I figured I would comment on the 10 things that left me impressed last night.

1.Milford played a really fluid complete game full of game management when needed, solid defence and excellent kicking.
2. Oates scoring multiple tries and just being a handful to bring down.
3. TPJ looking like a man amongst boys.
4. Boyd not being utter crap and only saw him flailing with arms raised once or twice,
5. McGuire not pulling hair or doing much in the way of things that might be considered stupid.
6. Sims scoring yet again
7. Kahu looked involved and committed
8. Fafita just killing it in his limited minutes.
9. Lodge and Big Joe look like seasoned NRL props.
10. Thaiday had more than 34 meters.

I still maintain that the 2018 Broncos are like your flaky friend. You like them, but know that you can't count on them.

Simple as this, when milford's kicking game is on, we win..If it's off, we loose.
His 4th tackle kick into the in goal last night turned the game. That was the match winner for mine right there.
Hopefully consistency is something that will come to him at the back end of this year.
His kicking game in 2018 is up 1000% on previous years..Hats off to him there.

Last edited:
10. Thaiday had more than 34 meters.

Thaiday got slammed on social media after his 34 metre effort last week. Hopefully, last night's performance was a response to that.

He has that in him, he can do a good job at prop and provide impact, he showed that in 2015.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Wolfie
  • Strop
  • Gray
  • broncsgoat
  • Broncorob
  • Rookie Alan
  • Skathen
  • winslow_wong
  • porouian
  • Allo
  • simplythebest
  • Spooky1013
  • Cavalo
  • jarro65
  • Justwin
  • I bleed Maroon
  • RodF
  • GCBRONCO
  • Mustafur
... and 40 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.