PRE-GAME Round 23 - Broncos vs Rabbitohs

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

I actually don't like this. I think seibold should have waited till after the game to vent because it only gives ammo to them. In saying that he was 100% correct and absolutely burned him...

The thing that makes me think maybe we will actually play to expectations in this grudge match is Joe ofa's comments. As a middle forward you don't say you want payback just for the sake of it. They seem pumped up this time.

However, I think a lot will depend on the referee picked for this match and their directives/agendas dictated by the nrl. Do they want souffs in the top 4 so their "30,000" members can give them a 10,000 crowd, or do they want the most popular team in the nrl to be in the finals. The answer for what they should want is obvious but history shows that souffs will get the rub of the green here.

I actually don't like this. I think seibold should have waited till after the game to vent because it only gives ammo to them. In saying that he was 100% correct and absolutely burned him...

**** me dead we agree on something.

My only real worry for this game is Seibold's comments. I'm getting the feeling he has annoyed the Souths players a fair bit to the point they have maybe lost a little respect for him. He has made a fair few comments about Souths, where as Bennett has said next to nothing, and JD has made comments mainly about Souths last year. They have generally kept the Broncos out of things, and i dont think Wayne will have lost any standing with our boys.

I still dont think they have the cattle to beat us though.

My only real worry for this game is Seibold's comments. I'm getting the feeling he has annoyed the Souths players a fair bit to the point they have maybe lost a little respect for him. He has made a fair few comments about Souths, where as Bennett has said next to nothing, and JD has made comments mainly about Souths last year. They have generally kept the Broncos out of things, and i dont think Wayne will have lost any standing with our boys.

I still dont think they have the cattle to beat us though.
You dont seriously think JD said the things he did without Waynes approval ?

Fair chance he was actually speaking on Waynes behalf.

You dont seriously think JD said the things he did without Waynes approval ?

Fair chance he was actually speaking on Waynes behalf.

Doesnt matter if he did or he didnt, Wayne has pretty much kept quiet. There is nothing the Broncos or the media can throw at him at the moment. And i still think Wayne commands the total respect of his old players at Brisbane, i'm not so sure thats true with Seibs at Souths. I know plenty of players who still regularly turn to Wayne for advice ( not necessarily about football ). That could well be the case with Seibs as well at Souths, i honestly wouldnt know.
[automerge]1566465144[/automerge]
I have a feeling that you're playing this to suit an agenda a bit mate, no disrespect intended.

Whats the agenda? I've got no real axe to grind with Bennett or Seibs. I dont want Souths to win the game, and i cant see them winning. Not really seeing an agenda really.

Last edited:
Doesnt matter if he did or he didnt, Wayne has pretty much kept quiet. There is nothing the Broncos or the media can throw at him at the moment. And i still think Wayne commands the total respect of his old players at Brisbane, i'm not so sure thats true with Seibs at Souths. I know plenty of players who still regularly turn to Wayne for advice ( not necessarily about football ). That could well be the case with Seibs as well at Souths, i honestly wouldnt know.
Of course they still turn to him for advice. He was constantly telling them everything would be alright and they would never be dropped or moved on under him. They were perfect the way they were and nobody would ever change that.

Mate, you've been riding Siebs a bit this year and haven't been overly positive about him at all.

Yep, thats right. He has deserved at times as well imo, but i'm not sure its an agenda against him just because i've made a comment about what 3 key Souths players ( Burgess, Reynolds and Cook ) said about Seibs claims. My critique of Seibs is based on what i feel his performance as a coach is like. I dont have an issue with him as a person as (A), i dont know him, and (B) anyone i've spoken to about him thinks he is a good coach.

i cant see them winning
I certainly can... Souffs have been attrocious but ppl forget we were getting torn to shreds for our form prior to the Panthers game. Souffs were one game off the gf last year and have a premiership winning squad, we don't. My worry is this young team believes their own hype. We haven't and don't have a top 4 squad yet, and it's when we think we are that we get our asses handed to us

Of course they still turn to him for advice. He was constantly telling them everything would be alright and they would never be dropped or moved on under him. They were perfect the way they were and nobody would ever change that.

Its more they value him and his advice as a person. I've got no doubts there would be players who had an issue with him, but mostly they dont because he treats the majority of them as people rather than players. Have a look at that article Shane Webcke put up about him. He isnt perfect, nowhere near, but he is a pretty decent kind of a bloke at the end of the day.
[automerge]1566466574[/automerge]
Yeah, I’m not really saying that. You are pushing that Broncos will win, which to me is flagging that if we lose (which I think is a very real possibility) it feeds your agenda to then bag Seibold more. Just an observation.

I dont work like that. I do think we will win. I'll be amazed if we dont and i do honestly think we have issues if we cant beat this Souths side ( just my opinion, i dont think they have much of a forward pack right now ). Their only chance for me is that Seibs comments fire them up. I think its stupid before a game to say what he did. As @Lockysillegitimatechild said, he should have saved it for after the game.

Its not like i bag Seibold for no reason either. I'm critical of our performances at times because we can be rubbish at times. He is the head coach, its his game plan so if it fails, as with any other head coach, he takes the blame. If i had an agenda i'd be picking everything he does apart, which i dont. I feel we are way below where we should be, but thats just my opinion.
[automerge]1566466875[/automerge]
I certainly can... Souffs have been attrocious but ppl forget we were getting torn to shreds for our form prior to the Panthers game. Souffs were one game off the gf last year and have a premiership winning squad, we don't. My worry is this young team believes their own hype. We haven't and don't have a top 4 squad yet, and it's when we think we are that we get our asses handed to us

We have been erratic. We got lucky against the Cows for example, but deserved our win against the Panthers. My gut feeling is we have Souths at the perfect time and we are going to win fairly easily. They have a good hooker and halves, but if their pack cant get a roll on, they wont do much.

Last edited:

Even up until half time in the panthers game people were bemoaning our lack of game plan.

The Jet is actually really a Cessna.

What kind of manager goes out and metaphorically says “put his finger up” to Seibold? real brains trust going on in that camp.

Last edited:
It’s one thing to want to follow Bennett, Roberts isn’t the only one that’s done that over the years. But I don’t get the animosity towards Seibold lol. His uncle is saying Roberts wants to “put his finger up to him” because...Seibold didn’t make him laugh? And maybe even asked him to rehab his injury so he’s not limping each week? Alright, fair enough.

Last edited:

Active Now

• Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.