PRE-GAME [Round 24, 2022] Broncos vs Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missing the 8 when we were in the top 4 is a failure.

I'd like to know what happened internally after we beat parra.

The NRL made an example of Carrigan the following week.

an example that lasted exactly one incident, as many other hip drop tackles have been let off with a slap on the wrist (assuming they even got that)

The NRL made an example of Carrigan the following week.

an example that lasted exactly one incident, as many other hip drop tackles have been let off with a slap on the wrist (assuming they even got that)
That was two weeks later. We were handily beaten by the Roosters who we almost beat twice last year. The slide was already on, the loss to the tigers just confirmed it.

Struggled to put away the hapless knights then dominated by the storm. This game will show if they have anything left in the tank.

I totally understand the call to drop Riki but it won’t be for robati, hasn’t played in weeks they won’t bring him in now.

I doubt it’ll happen but it would be good to see Piakura have a run

Piakura offers little in attack .
He is fit and willing . But can`t make metres .

Piakura offers little in attack .
He is fit and willing . But can`t make metres .

Not that you can compare Cup to NRL but he averages more metres than Riki and has better attacking stats in less appearances but until he actually has a go in first grade how can you already right him off?

I’m not saying he’s the answer especially this time of the year it’s just disappointing we didn’t get to see him at all this year, obviously the club rates him highly

Missing the 8 when we were in the top 4 is a failure.

I'd like to know what happened internally after we beat parra.
we were in the top 4 cause Melbourne , roosters , sharks and parra were having for. issues.
no chance we should have been considered top 4 .

In the NBA you often see guys traded by GM's when a coach has a hard on for them.

The reason being that the GM's job is to use the draft to improve the roster, and if a obstinate coach keeps playing a limited vet over the new shiny toy then the GM looks like he picked a turd.

So they often make the coaches mind up for them by trading the vet, giving the coach no option but to play new rookie...

I sense similar vibes with Walters and Turpin...

Raiders can still drop a game and get us . We have to win a game or rely on for and against which is 52 over the raiders.
I actually think Roosters or Rabbits could drop out .
Rabbits plays cowboys and Roosters .
Roosters play Storm and Rabbits.
Next week is huge if either or both lose then the next game will be a shoot-out between Broncs ( unless we beat Parramatta)Roosters, Rabbits and probably Canberra.
Storm play Roosters and Parra and could still lose their top four spot.
Cows can still lose their home game and play Rabbitts and Panthers, so every team has to keep winning , there won't be any resting of players or complacency.
In for some great games .

Not that you can compare Cup to NRL but he averages more metres than Riki and has better attacking stats in less appearances but until he actually has a go in first grade how can you already right him off?

I’m not saying he’s the answer especially this time of the year it’s just disappointing we didn’t get to see him at all this year, obviously the club rates him highly
Riki shouldn't be racking up metres. He should be sending it to Staggs and Cobbo. The more they get the ball the more points we score.

Stats:

Riki has made 674 tackles this season (21 games), the highest of any Bronco. Payne Haas (574 from 18), Kurt Capewell (479 from 17).

He's also our top player in support (113 from 21 games.). Kurt Capewell (98 from 17). Kobe Hetherington (89 from 21).

He's scored 4 tries. Payne Haas (1), Kurt Capewell (5).

He's not as bad as everyone is saying.

He played 80 minutes tonight- easily three try assists.

Two apparently.
1 line break
1 line break assist

Pretty much when both halves runs 150m you’re rampant.

Raiders can still drop a game and get us . We have to win a game or rely on for and against which is 52 over the raiders.
I actually think Roosters or Rabbits could drop out .
Rabbits plays cowboys and Roosters .
Roosters play Storm and Rabbits.
Next week is huge if either or both lose then the next game will be a shoot-out between Broncs ( unless we beat Parramatta)Roosters, Rabbits and probably Canberra.
Storm play Roosters and Parra and could still lose their top four spot.
Cows can still lose their home game and play Rabbitts and Panthers, so every team has to keep winning , there won't be any resting of players or complacency.
In for some great games .
Yeah the top 8 race is insane this year... a team well above 50% wins is going to miss out.

Comparing that to last year where titans scraped in with a negative win percentage and knights were effectively cannon fodder

I said last night Piakura was attacking with such venom- had one great run called back but it was a great line off Roberts. Scored a great try out jumping for a ball.

He re-loads so quickly, makes a run plays it then gets back to do it again. He doesn’t stand around watching the ball go away from him. He’s back incase it comes back again.

162m
1 try
7 passes- he’s so creative with the ball.

Missed some tackles but I’ll take that if his output is that.

I said last night Piakura was attacking with such venom- had one great run called back but it was a great line off Roberts. Scored a great try out jumping for a ball.

He re-loads so quickly, makes a run plays it then gets back to do it again. He doesn’t stand around watching the ball go away from him. He’s back incase it comes back again.

162m
1 try

Good to hear he is playing well. Hopefully he's able to continue stringing some games together now.

Good to hear he is playing well. Hopefully he's able to continue stringing some games together now.

He's going to be a real weapon for Norths in finals- they're finding form and he's the type of footballer that can put on a try or score a try. He got knocked out last year and lasted five minutes in the prelim so this year another four games left in his season would be great.

162m
1 try

Missed some tackles but I’ll take that if his output is that.
I’m ready for Piakura time.

we were in the top 4 cause Melbourne , roosters , sharks and parra were having for. issues.
no chance we should have been considered top 4 .
Totally correct. The Broncos are 4-7 (-92) against teams currently in the top 8. Compare that to 9-2 (+113) against teams currently outside the playoff zone. They have proven that they are better than the plethora of shit that sits below them but are a long way from being elite. This last third of the season was always going to sort out their top 4 aspirations. It was never reality even after their impressive victory against an inconsistent Parra team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• KickHaas
  • Rambstien
  • the_next
  • Scdeac
  • Waynesaurus
  • Justwin
  • Robboi_321
  • broncsgoat
  • Lozza
  • Sproj
  • Xzei
  • IceWorks
  • heartly87
  • TimWhatley
  • The Don
  • Wolfie
  • bert_lifts
  • HVbronco
  • Stix
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.