PRE-GAME [Round 24, 2022] Broncos vs Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is everyone saying wing. He hasn’t played a game at wing. I’d give about 85% of games were fullback and the rest were at 6.

Yeah something is off. I personally think it is to do with player changes. Walters picked the wrong time to start tinkering with the team. Edrick had a good game and has been solid for us each time and didn't deserve to be dropped like he was after a win. Gamble seems to have been forgotten and is now likely headed to the knights. The Hass issue is also likely causing more problems then we know. Can't be coincidence that his contract has be brought up again in this period.

But also I would think it's a mental thing for these guys. They have never had to deal with this pressure and also in the last two years they were winding down this time of year and it's a big season. They may just not be ready to be up for the big games and the pressure of this time of year.
...I'd normally shrug my shoulders and move on but......i think you might be onto something here....🤔

If that happens, it's 100% confirmation Walters is hitting the panic button.

0fb7045db1bf0af2047e373d50004281.gif

That button gets a serious workout right here on BHQ, ironically

Really think mam needs a spell. Put gamble in

Gamble will be key to turn things around. Start Gamble at 6 (provided he's healthy), Mam to the bench as a backup hooker/utility player, Turpin to reserves.
Why the **** should we drop Mam? He needs as much first grade as possible, and has been very impressive. We clearly aren't going to compete deep in the finals, but it's still time to build. Dropping our long term 6 for someone who won't be here next year is insane.
Piakura offers little in attack .
He is fit and willing . But can`t make metres .
It's not a second rowers job to make metres. That's not how to judge their attacking output.

Why the **** should we drop Mam? He needs as much first grade as possible, and has been very impressive. We clearly aren't going to compete deep in the finals, but it's still time to build. Dropping our long term 6 for someone who won't be here next year is insane.

It's not a second rowers job to make metres. That's not how to judge their attacking output.

Agreed .

I realise now it was Willison who played middle .
And wasn`t able to make metres .

Haven`t seen Piakura play to my recollection . ?

Agreed .

That match didn't have Haas, Carrigan, Flegler or Capewell available so James and Palasia started up front. Willison and Hosking were something like 4 games between them. Willison went okay, got dominated a couple of times but otherwise made metres.
60 in 20 mins which compared really well with James's 74 in 38 mins.

We won that game against the Saints with Palasia, Kennedy and Hosking going well. RK made an impressive 134 in just 29 mins, not far behind Palasia 154 in twice as long, 60 mins.

That game Willison didn’t have the big names around to help him but I thought he did quite well generally and can only get better from the experience.

Agreed .

His first game back in over 12 months after an acl and you’re making claims over his ability to get metres?

mate.

Courier Mail, Late Mail:

Kurt Capewell is in doubt with an ankle injury, but remains a decent chance to take his place against the Eels. Brenko Lee is due back from a hamstring injury and is likely to replace Delouise Hoeter at centre. Kevin Walters continues to shuffle Jake Turpin and Billy Walters between hooker and bench, while Ryan James has been a game day starter at lock in place of Kobe Hetherington over the past fortnight.​

Courier Mail, Late Mail:

Kurt Capewell is in doubt with an ankle injury, but remains a decent chance to take his place against the Eels. Brenko Lee is due back from a hamstring injury and is likely to replace Delouise Hoeter at centre. Kevin Walters continues to shuffle Jake Turpin and Billy Walters between hooker and bench, while Ryan James has been a game day starter at lock in place of Kobe Hetherington over the past fortnight.​
Christ, I hope I never again see James run out.

We aren't winning another game with Turps in the team.

@1910 did Paix show enough on the weekend to warrant a return to 1st grade?

@1910 did Paix show enough on the weekend to warrant a return to 1st grade?

It was easily the best of his three games back. I want a hooker that gets dropped to become a selfish player. Run, you should at least run 10 times. I don't even care if nine of them amount to nothing.

You're not getting back giving good service and defending well. The last fortnight Paix has been back to 2019 all timid and shy.

Yesterday there was a passage of play where he put a kick through and got a repeat set then from the repeat set fired a pass that cut out two and hit Smith to score.

He ran nine times yesterday up from once the week before. He scored a good try backing up the middle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• theshed
  • Tim K
  • BroncoFan94
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • winslow_wong
  • marw
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Justwin
  • Aldo
  • Tmac
  • Allo
  • Gaz
  • Kev_Guz
  • Jedhead
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
  • johnny plath
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.