PRE-GAME [Round 24, 2022] Broncos vs Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theres no chance James plays this game. His form doesn't warrant selection.

It didn't warrant selection the past couple of weeks either. Still got picked.

It was easily the best of his three games back. I want a hooker that gets dropped to become a selfish player. Run, you should at least run 10 times. I don't even care if nine of them amount to nothing.

You're not getting back giving good service and defending well. The last fortnight Paix has been back to 2019 all timid and shy.

Yesterday there was a passage of play where he put a kick through and got a repeat set then from the repeat set fired a pass that cut out two and hit Smith to score.

He ran nine times yesterday up from once the week before. He scored a good try backing up the middle.

Is his game awareness and confidence reading a game back? He was improving on this a lot then hit the wall and went 2 steps backwards.

His first game back in over 12 months after an acl and you’re making claims over his ability to get metres?

mate.

You did see the bit I wrote about Hoskins and how he turned it around in the space of a week as well ?

Metres were a problem last week . Replacing one of the non metre gaining forwards with another non metre maker doesn`t seem to solve that problem was my point .

we were in the top 4 cause Melbourne , roosters , sharks and parra were having for. issues.
no chance we should have been considered top 4 .

Our Top 4 chances were in our hands, it was up to us where we finished. We shit the bed.

It didn't warrant selection the past couple of weeks either. Still got picked.
I thought maybe he got recalled in the indigenous round because ancient history, and maybe as a sendoff. Then he got picked again, and modern history got made. But maybe that was the real sendoff.

Christ, I hope I never again see James run out.

see I don't get this POV coming from you.

I would have thought James was the exact type of player to get your unwavering, defies belief support.

you're history shows you going all in supporting all our worst players

see I don't get this POV coming from you.

I would have thought James was the exact type of player to get your unwavering, defies belief support.

you're history shows you going all in supporting all our worst players
Pretty sure Huge prides himself on supporting all the players who wear a Broncos jersey as they’re our players or some shit

You did see the bit I wrote about Hoskins and how he turned it around in the space of a week as well ?

Metres were a problem last week . Replacing one of the non metre gaining forwards with another non metre maker doesn`t seem to solve that problem was my point .
Erm, Willson only played one game. How can he turn it around in games he does not play?

except James
And Newie , there's some I'd pick, some I'd demote, others I'd cut but all would be respected for their contributions. I just don't want James picked because he under performs. Others like RK do perform but receive undue criticism or personal attacks. I haven't attacked James, just his performances.

And Newie , there's some I'd pick, some I'd demote, others I'd cut but all would be respected for their contributions. I just don't want James picked because he under performs. Others like RK do perform but receive undue criticism or personal attacks. I haven't attacked James, just his performances.
Riki has been absolutely atrocious for the last month. His defense and ball handling has been non existent the the stats are there to back it up. Needs a rocket and a spell badly. He is regressing at a major rate at the moment and its a shame the other backrowers at the club cant get on the field to replace him

Riki has been absolutely atrocious for the last month. His defense and ball handling has been non existent the the stats are there to back it up. Needs a rocket and a spell badly. He is regressing at a major rate at the moment and its a shame the other backrowers at the club cant get on the field to replace him
Riki is getting hospital passes from Reynolds. When Reynolds timed it properly, Riki scored.

Riki is getting hospital passes from Reynolds. When Reynolds timed it properly, Riki scored.
You mean the whole 4 times Riki has scored this year including one breakaway try from Paix against the Titans? Riki's hole running has been non existent this year.

In terms of defence, Riki tops the tackle count for the team over the entire season. He topped the tackle count against the Storm and Roosters, came second (to Payne) against the Knights.

In terms of errors, he made 4 horrible ones in a wet game against the Knights - a notable shocker - but he wasn't the worst culprit on that edge. Cobbo made 5. Overall for the season, he's made very few errors - none against the Roosters (Oates made 5). His edge has the most errors of any edge in the entire NRL, but he's not a contributor in any meaningful way.

In terms of attack, he's scored 4 tries this season (Capewell 5, Staggs 5, Walters 2, Haas 1, Jensen 0).

We all agree he's not been Nanai or 2021 Fifita, but by our standards he's no worse than anyone else. In fact he's been our most consistent.

Crazy how quickly things change thought we were locks for top 4 after we beat Parra at home now there is real chance we miss finals all together. Feel like we will either loose by 30 or win win by 30. Hope Eels inconsistent form continues, if Dylan Brown and Mitchell Moses are on going to be hard for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• I bleed Maroon
  • Slippin Jimmy
  • Big Del
  • marw
  • Aldo
  • BroncoFan94
  • theshed
  • Tim K
  • winslow_wong
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Sproj
  • Fatboy
  • Justwin
  • Tmac
  • Allo
  • Gaz
  • Kev_Guz
  • Jedhead
  • Battler
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 12 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.