PRE-GAME [Round 24, 2022] Broncos vs Eels

Status
Not open for further replies.
If i was coach, would be torn what to do this game. More mongrel is needed quickly.

Gamble in for starting - Mam to sub.

Mam and Reynolds have been found out on the flanks in defence last few weeks.

Hetherington might need some minutes sooner, maybe 10-15min mark for an all out burst, same swap again after half time.

Piakura in for Capewell?

Turpin missed zero tackles against Melbourne, was a solid defensive effort in the time he was on.

James cant hold his spot, so my guess Kennedy stays. Kennedy cant come on until the game pace has slowed down IMO.

Just checked the ladder and draw… How confident are we of making the 8 lads and lasses? Will this season count as a success in your books if you miss the finals?

It would not be a success. Nor would scraping into the 8 because the Raiders shit the bed.

Something’s happened with this squad. They haven’t looked happy or like they care since Parra. I wonder what happened.

Anywho:

1. Martin
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Farnworth
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Jensen
11. Capewell
12. Piakura
13. Robati

14. Paix
15. Hetherington
16. Flegler
17. Riki
Yeah something is off. I personally think it is to do with player changes. Walters picked the wrong time to start tinkering with the team. Edrick had a good game and has been solid for us each time and didn't deserve to be dropped like he was after a win. Gamble seems to have been forgotten and is now likely headed to the knights. The Hass issue is also likely causing more problems then we know. Can't be coincidence that his contract has be brought up again in this period.

But also I would think it's a mental thing for these guys. They have never had to deal with this pressure and also in the last two years they were winding down this time of year and it's a big season. They may just not be ready to be up for the big games and the pressure of this time of year.

Just checked the ladder and draw… How confident are we of making the 8 lads and lasses? Will this season count as a success in your books if you miss the finals?

Not much at all. On current form you would only give us a slim victory against the Dragons. One win may not be enough, depending on other results, especially Canberra who have a red carpet run for the remainder.

Many fans will want to treat this season as a success story because we've actually been competing for the 8 rather than fighting to avoid the spoon, which is fine they are entitled to have that belief, but missing the 8 for my part would be a big failure, especially when you consider that only a month ago we had an opportunity to sure up our spot in the top 4 against easily the worst team in the comp and found a way to lose. Then 3 weeks later we concede 60 to the Storm and put ourselves out of the premiership race regardless of where we finish.

That basically takes this from an 8 or 9/10 season to something like a 5 or a 6 within the space of a month of footy....It's very concerning. I would hate to see all the good work Kevvie and co have done at the club in the past 12 months be undone because of player egos and personality clashes. They need to identify the source of this disharmony and root it out real fast. Haas is a prime suspect and thankfully he seems fully content on kicking himself out the door, but he can't be the only one.

Making the finals could actually come down to rorters over the next few weeks and then if we can at least beat a dragons unit with nothing to play for.

rorters F/A is miles better than ours, but they're currently on the same points. They play storm in Melbourne next week then rabbits... if they lose both and we win against dragons we're in regardless of what Canberra do.
It comes down to us. We’re in the 8, to stay in the 8 you need to win. If we win one of our last two at least, we’re playing finals footy.

You should watch him play first.

Hmmm , maybe I was confusing Piakura and Willison .
Which ever one played earlier this season kept getting driven back and side ways when he tried to ruck the ball . Hoskins had the same problem on debut . The week after he was spitting the defence . So it can be turned around .

Riki shouldn't be racking up metres. He should be sending it to Staggs and Cobbo. The more they get the ball the more points we score.

Stats:

Riki has made 674 tackles this season (21 games), the highest of any Bronco. Payne Haas (574 from 18), Kurt Capewell (479 from 17).

He's also our top player in support (113 from 21 games.). Kurt Capewell (98 from 17). Kobe Hetherington (89 from 21).

He's scored 4 tries. Payne Haas (1), Kurt Capewell (5).

He's not as bad as everyone is saying.

Most modern back rowers it`s more about the PTB speed .
Then the halves and back 5 get a go .

Kikau and Lane are exceptions .

Yeah something is off. I personally think it is to do with player changes. Walters picked the wrong time to start tinkering with the team. Edrick had a good game and has been solid for us each time and didn't deserve to be dropped like he was after a win. Gamble seems to have been forgotten and is now likely headed to the knights. The Hass issue is also likely causing more problems then we know. Can't be coincidence that his contract has be brought up again in this period.

But also I would think it's a mental thing for these guys. They have never had to deal with this pressure and also in the last two years they were winding down this time of year and it's a big season. They may just not be ready to be up for the big games and the pressure of this time of year.

Brenko , Edrick and Ezra are all related I think .

TMM injured or in danger of being dropped? That'll cause some interesting debate on here if that happems.

If that happens, it's 100% confirmation Walters is hitting the panic button.

0fb7045db1bf0af2047e373d50004281.gif

When is pala due back guys? I can’t find anything on him but my daughter saw him at the game with his leg strapped ? Ill do anything not to see James again .

feels like something happened with brenko. is he injured or not? seems to be a no brainer to get your experienced guys in the team at this time of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Wolfie
  • Gaz
  • Big Del
  • simplythebest
  • ostin86
  • jd87
  • Nerd
  • Bucking Beads
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Waynesaurus
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Morkel
  • Fitzy
  • spanky
  • mrtij
  • eggstar10
  • Dexter
  • heartly87
  • Reds2011
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.