POST GAME [Round 25, 2024] Broncos vs Eels

Staggs has 2 good games and our salary cap is in disarray once again. How do we keep Staggs, Cobbo and Mariner? Players that stand up with 150% games 25% of the time!
I should clarify that in my rum induced stupor, that I was referring to the fox sports panel talking about our salary cap problems of keeping all of these superstars in our team after they have 2 good games in a row.

No reference to the fact they have been woeful in not just other games, but also within the actual game that just happened!

You've gotta give them credit for coming back from what could possibly be the worst 15 minutes of footy ever played. But we're still so far off the pace it isn't funny.

Some positives for me include Staggs really starting to show some leadership qualities. Taking hard carries, playing very aggressive and doing alot of talking. Despite being a million years old, reyno showing he may possibly still be first grade quality next year. And big Marty continues to do his job. I think its important we give him an extra year. Unless the club has a genuine value for money replacement lined up i don't think it sends a good message when someone is doing a good job like Marty but not offered a (basically at minimum wage) extension.

I'm still hopeful this year has simply been a big hangover from making last years grand final and a result of simply thinking they'd repeat it without the hard work. The sooner season ends the better, give them a nice long off season then back and flog the living shit out of them all preason. Big attitude adjustment and get ultra fit.

Make it clear to guys like Piakura, Riki, Mam and others who have underperformed that their positions are up for grabs and if they want to keep them they need to earn it. Unless you're hass, patty, walsh or reyno then you're not guaranteed a start next year.

I really fear these junk time wins at the end of season will cover over some of the cracks on how bad we've been.
Was a real tough watch for the first 20, like a lot of our games at the back end this year.
The officiating was woeful as it is in every single game of NRL.
How the **** Russell got away with getting the ball away when clearly in touch leading to their second try and gutho with a foot on the sideline on Reynolds 40/20 attempt isn’t just terrible officiating it’s downright corrupt.
Russell channeling his inner JWH running in with the raised elbow several times.
Dylan brown has taken the torch from Milford for stealing a paycheck from a club

Kevvie was asked in the presser about our continued vulnerabilities on the edges and how we’ve been exposed badly by both the dogs & titans and his answer was that we were playing one of the best tonight.
Missing lots of context there and pretty disingenuous. He said that but he also said in the same sentence that they have been working on it and have more work to do on it alongside lots of other things to work. Full quote below for anyone that didn’t watch the press conference and what’s to have the actual statement not cherry picked bits that make our coach look bad.

“Yeah well we’ve been working on that but there as good as anyone in the competition there’s plenty to work on from tonight’s game and the season, short sides is one of them”.

Missing lots of context there and pretty disingenuous. He said that but he also said in the same sentence that they have been working on it and have more work to do on it alongside lots of other things to work. Full quote below for anyone that didn’t watch the press conference and what’s to have the actual statement not cherry picked bits that make our coach look bad.

“Yeah well we’ve been working on that but there as good as anyone in the competition there’s plenty to work on from tonight’s game and the season, short sides is one of them”.
You really think some cliches about “working on it” makes it sound any better? Now who’s cherry picking… The eels are coming last, they are not “as good as anyone”, and he was using it as an excuse for why we were caught out, yet again. I don’t have to “cherry pick bits to make our coach look bad”, he does it all by himself.

Maybe if Kevvie was more honest with himself, and the players, instead of living in this bubble of delusional optimism created by his coach whisperer we might have more accountability for performances.

I am sure it has been mentioned on here before, but does anyone else have a problem with the fact that when Walsh isn't playing he hardly ever attends the home games? He lives on the GC, how hard is it to come up and support your team. It has happened multiple times this year and I think is a sign of a larger cultural issue.

You really think some cliches about “working on it” makes it sound any better? Now who’s cherry picking… The eels are coming last, they are not “as good as anyone”, and he was using it as an excuse for why we were caught out, yet again. I don’t have to “cherry pick bits to make our coach look bad”, he does it all by himself.

Maybe if Kevvie was more honest with himself, and the players, instead of living in this bubble of delusional optimism created by is coach whisperer we might have more accountability for performances.
I didn’t cherry pick anything, I gave the whole quote.

I am sure it has been mentioned on here before, but does anyone else have a problem with the fact that when Walsh isn't playing he hardly ever attends the home games? He lives on the GC, how hard is it to come up and support your team. It has happened multiple times this year and I think is a sign of a larger cultural issue.
He's been in the box with Kevvie most of the time he's missed games this year... don't you remember him with his giant cowboy hat or when he slammed his hand in a tight game earlier in the season.

Given he's had surgery on a fractured hand he probably can't drive anyway

All I know is I was sick and tired of spending my weekends trying to get over how poorly we played and how uncommitted the boys seemed to be after that horror run of losses. Working round the yard and the house today is markedly more enjoyable after that come from behind win.

Does anyone know when Kobe got HIA'd and what led to it? Aside from the two occasions where parra stepped on the line and play was allowed to go on this is the only other incident that refuses to drop out of my thoughts.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Skyblues87
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • Fitzy
  • bb_gun
  • upthebroncs
  • Bronx48
  • Aldo
  • johnny plath
  • Mr Fourex
  • Sproj
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Santa
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.