Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
DHuuo1AUAAAhuzX.jpg:large

Is that Sims looking all sad on the chairs?

I think Bennett will bring benji onto the bench to play a roving role. More because of the fact their is no suitable prop to play. Sua is a good player but he's not a middle third player. Benji would be worth the risk. TPJ has been coming on in the final 30-35 mins lately. I'd either be pushing McGuire to lock me bring arrow on to start with sims off the bench, or have him swap straight with ese ese. Arrow, ese ese and sims will need to pick their minutes up. Arrow could play 60-80 easily, with ese and sims getting 40 mins out

hmm. Does that mean we're looking at something like:

8. Sims
14. Thaiday
10. Blair
11. Glenn
12. Gillette
13. McGuire

9. Hunt
15. Ese'Ese
16. Arrow
17. Su'A

If not Su'A, who else? We've blooded a lot of young forwards this year, but we've actually nearly run out..
Funaki is an option, Dodds and we have a few others lavea etc

1. Darius Boyd
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Tautau Moga
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Korbin Sims
9. Ben Hunt
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire

14. Sam Thaiday
15. Mitchell Dodds
16. Jai Arrow
17. Herman Ese'ese

Funaki is an option, Dodds and we have a few others lavea etc
Funaki may be a smokey, he seems aggressive. We only need a good 15 mins out of him. Lavea is a big body but not sure how he plays?

Not sure how any of those others (dodds, funaki etc) are going, but prefer the idea to a 4th half (Marshall) playing in the side, as good as they all are. At some stage, you have to draw the line on attack and pick players with defence too. Marshal, for my mind is easily the worst of them all for positional defence, despite being bigger than Milford or knik. He has been great substituting for form or injury, but would mean we have 4 limited defenders on the field if he played. Gillet and Glen would have a chuckle I suppose, watching someone else trying to do what they are expected to, week in, week out, but apart from that I don't think its worth it.

Funaki may be a smokey, he seems aggressive. We only need a good 15 mins out of him. Lavea is a big body but not sure how he plays?
These are all the options in our 25 man squad, in no particular order
Matiu Love Henry
Dodds
Funaki
Sam Lavea
Aaron Rockley
Alex Barr
Francis Molo, don't know if he has been released.
Jayden Sua
Joe Boyce
I could probably put a line through a few.

I'd say Su'A is the most likely, he's consistently on the extended bench and hasn't had a crack so far this season.

I'd say Su'A is the most likely, he's consistently on the extended bench and hasn't had a crack so far this season.
Agreed about his being on the extended bench, but he has played a few games. Warriors game springs to mind and there was a couple other games. He was terrible in one game.
Funaki has been on the extended bench a few times

These are all the options in our 25 man squad, in no particular order
Matiu Love Henry
Dodds
Funaki
Sam Lavea
Aaron Rockley
Alex Barr
Francis Molo, don't know if he has been released.
Jayden Sua
Joe Boyce
I could probably put a line through a few.
Sua is the best player out of them but not what we need for this game I think. If arrow or a defensively strong player was out I'd say dodds, but I feel we need a big bodied impact player with aggression or they wouldn't bring enough to the team to outweigh marshalls possible benefits. Funaki (has bursts of good play but doesn't have a big motor?) or lavea (he was playing better then fai in the qld cup last report on here from someone I believe?) sound like the options

Played against the Warriors, Roosters and Knights.

Please, please Mr Bennett, give us at least one standard serving of Doddage this year.
I too am hoping for Dodds renaissance, one thing is certain with him and that is stinging defence.

Please, please Mr Bennett, give us at least one standard serving of Doddage this year.
I want the same but I also want a bit of the Funk man

BRONCOS NRL SQUAD
1. Darius Boyd ©
2. Corey Oates
3. James Roberts
4. Tautau Moga
5. Jordan Kahu
6. Anthony Milford
7. Kodi Nikorima
8. Korbin Sims
9. Ben Hunt
10. Adam Blair
11. Alex Glenn
12. Matt Gillett
13. Josh McGuire
Interchange:
14. Sam Thaiday
15. Jaydn Su’A
16. Jai Arrow
17. Herman Ese’ese
18. Benji Marshall
19. David Mead
20. Salesi Funaki
21. Tom Opacic

3 backs in the extended squad. Either Bennett is not confident in some of our backs, or very confident our forwards are all healthy.

Maybe Corey is moving to the forwards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Brocko
  • Santa
  • winslow_wong
  • Mr Fourex
  • barker
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Culhwch
  • lynx000
  • Fitzy
  • Browny
  • Bucking Beads
  • jd87
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.