vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
We've had 2-3 backs in the extended squad in almost every game this season.

There is nothing in it. Oates is staying where he is, it's too late to make the transition.

We've had 2-3 backs in the extended squad in almost every game this season.

There is nothing in it. Oates is staying where he is, it's too late to make the transition.

Especially after the illness Oates had, there's no way he's playing in the forwards this year.

HE NRMA Insurance Broncos will inject Jaydn Su’A into their finals run this weekend but the Broncos’ playing stocks in the forwards are nearly bare.
Su’A was named to replace Tevita Pangai junior off the bench against the Parramatta Eels on Thursday night at Suncorp Stadium.
Su’A is still eligible for under 20s but has played nearly all his football in the Intrust Super Cup for the Souths Logan Magpies this year.
Locked in as a part of the Broncos' future, Su'A will not feel to out of place in the NRL on Thursday in his eighth top-grade game; but only three of them have been played this year.
His selection does underline how premiership campaigns can run on a tightrope as injuries start to set in.
Su’A gets a run this week because Pangai has a hamstring complaint and Joe Ofahengaue is serving the last week of a three-game lifting tackle suspension.
Of those just behind him, NRL-experienced forwards Joe Boyce and George Fai have both been sent to early endings of their season with surgical shoulder reconstructions.
The 2015 NRL Grand Final forward Mitchell Dodds has not been sighted in the NRL this year after returning from the English Super League with a leg problem.
Dodds has been fighting back from a subsequent knee surgery that has kept him out of the Intrust Super Cup.
If the Broncos have another injury before this week’s game, former Tigers under-20s player Salesi Funaki would be in line for his NRL debut.
Funaki was the only forward named on an extended bench today that includes Benji Marshall, David Mead and Tom Opacic.
Mead and Opacic are cover for Jordan Kahu, who missed training with a groin injury yesterday.
It is expected Kahu will play against the Eels, although he is likely to once again hand the goal-kicking duties to Anthony Milford.
http://www.broncos.com.au/news/2017/08/22/su_a_drafted_in_as_f.html

3 backs in the extended squad. Either Bennett is not confident in some of our backs, or very confident our forwards are all healthy.

Or we don't have any healthy forwards left

3 backs in the extended squad. Either Bennett is not confident in some of our backs, or very confident our forwards are all healthy.
maybe there's a few niggles and it's easier to name an extended squad then get replacements in.

I really like Sua he has a lot of potential and I would like to see him get some minutes up this week.

I really like Sua he has a lot of potential and I would like to see him get some minutes up this week.
I guess it depends on the state of the game. If the match is in the balance, he may not get a run.

Line speed. Don't let their edge forwards get a head full of steam up and they'll have nothing.

Parra stood deep in attack and ran hard in the middle . Bent the Broncs line .
The speed their forwards were hitting the ball was noticeably quicker than the Broncs .

Funaki is an option, Dodds and we have a few others lavea etc

That`s a name I haven`t heard in a while . Dodds . He was building up some quality minutes off the bench with Jarrod Wallace a cpl of seasons back . Showed some promise . Hard hitter in defense .

So Kahu's out... Mead in

Damn I was hoping our skating with the stars would be playing. Not that Mead has exactly instilled us with faith on the back of amazing performances.

we have a double blow this week. Klein is the main ref and Patten is in the bunker

Damn I was hoping our skating with the stars would be playing. Not that Mead has exactly instilled us with faith on the back of amazing performances.
Pearson is injured.

The Ice Queen is currently auditioning for Elsa on Frozen on ice

we have a double blow this week. Klein is the main ref and Patten is in the bunker
Diabolical.
Klein is the worst ref in the history of NRL in my opinion. Although he is particularly bad, he can be manipulated by a home crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Lozza
  • Morkel
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Fitzy
  • Sproj
  • Evander
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.