Round 25 - Broncos vs. Knights - Pre-Match Discussion

Shaping up as an ugly game, Knights are just so damn pedestrian away from home.

there is no way we should be playing finals, we have struggled to cement our spot against the bottom teams. it's been an absolute miracle that we haven't had to face a top 4 side in the final rounds. they would have smashed us by 100 points easy. i shudder at the thought of us playing the roosters

Playing the Bulldogs will be fun to watch, especially the tries they score from dummy half. I can see it now. They play the ball and point one way, our markers go the other. Great stuff. Better than Monty Python re-runs

Last edited:

Last edited by a moderator:
What do we think about Ben Hunt bouncing back? Am I right in assuming the 3 good games he had in a row were all at Suncorp? Cowboys, Knights, Dragons... Just checked and the Cowboys game was in Townsville.

IMO, our recent success has stemmed from Ben Hunt. If he plays well, the team goes well. He's vital to our outside backs getting good ball. He needs to take the line on early and establish his kicking game. That will free Prince up to work his flashy plays to keep the opposition in 2 minds.

We can win, IF, we put it together. Gagai + Uate are still a big threat, but fortunately we've got Reed defending Gagai, so that's good. With any luck we can get Stagg the **** out of the Centres. The Penrith game on Friday night, I distinctly remember Hoffman drifting across to the right and putting on a good move, then a nice pass which put Stagg straight into a small gap, but he simply didn't have the pace to capitalise.

We need a much better effort from our Forwards too. Especially Tasi. He might find himself in Q-Cup next year with Kennedy coming into the team if he's not careful.

Last edited:
Its been a funny old year. First half of year our forwards were holding their own and making good meters only for our struggling backs to botch tries. Now our backs are going well but our forwards are getting dominated.

If the sharks win both their next games and we win both ours we are a Good chance of making the eight. Although I don't think we deserve to and I think the cowboys do.

5 teams equal eighth !! Is it possible for them all to lose next weekend and we win lol ? Can't happen. Maybe over two weekends ! We need next week the Warriors over the Raiders,Dogs over Panthers,Sharks over Cows,Chooks over the Titans and of course the Broncs over Newcastle ! Easy !! That way it would be Newcastle and the Broncos 8th and 9th respectively. The following weekend we'd have to win and Newcastle lose again ! Of course ,their opponents are the busted arses Parramatta !!! So, no it can't happen .....but it could mathematically !

I am really looking forward to this side going out there and having fun (in short, throwing out the game plan), and in doing so, throwing the ball around, scoring length of the field tries, smashing the opposition (Mullen and Gidley in particular), in short doing what they are capable of but sadly haven't.

Two good wins would be great for confidence next year.

I am really looking forward to this side going out there and having fun (in short, throwing out the game plan), and in doing so, throwing the ball around, scoring length of the field tries, smashing the opposition (Mullen and Gidley in particular), in short doing what they are capable of but sadly haven't.

hey, what's a length of the field try?

hey, what's a length of the field try?

It's when you divide the field into 13 sectors. Starting at your goal line, player 1 runs the first sector. Then, as he passes out for lack of fitness, he passes to the 2nd player, and so on.

Mind you, it won't happen when we actually have an opposing team.

Sorry - I couldn't help myself. I was looking at your avatar.

It's when we don't lose the ball or get tackled from one end of the field to the other

Last edited:
Its been a funny old year. First half of year our forwards were holding their own and making good meters only for our struggling backs to botch tries. Now our backs are going well but our forwards are getting dominated.

Forwards have struggled all year, always outclassed against the better sides.

I'm putting my feet up for the rest of the season.

No more sitting on the edge of my seat and having Bellamy style blow ups at the telly when I see feeble attempts in defence or dumb forth tackle plays. This season only has two games to go and I'd just be happy if the boys put together performances like they did against the Cowboys, Knights & Dragons. If we lose, eh! However, if we get massacred then I may have a meltdown or two. :laugh:

Key to this wining will be to get off to a good start and putting the Knights under all sorts of pressure. Newcastle haven't performed well when chasing points and with their season on the line I can see them forcing pressure passes. Brisbane are a slight chance but realistically know their season is over, so they should just go out and play the spoiler role.

All this talk of Baptiste/Granville in the 14. If we get Milford next season, he'll be in 14.

Hopefully he will be running in Segyaro touch football "standstill and wait for the holes in the defence to open" tries for us. Fucking amatuer stuff (and the difference between the two teams) but that's probably been said elsewhere.

You can't have a combination of Lui, Hala and Tasi on the field at once. They are lazy defenders.

Either Hannant or McGuire need to be on the field. Tasi could handle the first 15-20 minutes surely.

I'm putting my feet up for the rest of the season.

No more sitting on the edge of my seat and having Bellamy style blow ups at the telly when I see feeble attempts in defence or dumb forth tackle plays. This season only has two games to go and I'd just be happy if the boys put together performances like they did against the Cowboys, Knights & Dragons. If we lose, eh! However, if we get massacred then I may have a meltdown or two. :laugh:

Key to this wining will be to get off to a good start and putting the Knights under all sorts of pressure. Newcastle haven't performed well when chasing points and with their season on the line I can see them forcing pressure passes. Brisbane are a slight chance but realistically know their season is over, so they should just go out and play the spoiler role.

True. I got the feeling on Friday night that we had mentally got ahead of ourselves preparing for this week.

The players just didn't start with the same intensity.

Psychologically, even if we were in the calculations for the 8, that should have been out of our minds. Week to week solid efforts are the important thing.

How else to motivate the players... that's a difficult one.

Ben Hunt chip kicks all frickin night baby

im kinda glad our season is over. as big pete said i can just put the feet up and watch the last two games. who knows maybe they will try something new and exciting.

Last edited:

Active Now

No members online now.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.