Round 25 - Broncos vs. Knights - Pre-Match Discussion

I think my line-up would've been much better.

1. Hoffman
2. Kahu
3. Reed
4. Oates
5. Drew
6. Prince
7. Hunt
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. McGuire
11. Glenn (c)
12. Gillett
13. Parker (c)

14. Granville
15. Thaiday
16. Lui
17. Stagg

Glenn for Stagg in the centres is an improvement. Lets hope we can get a win so we have something to be happy about.

Make no mistake, it will be a comprehensive Brisbane Bronco victory. They will play the house down. There may be an extra spot available and Prince and Wallace will want to finish on a high note. Newcastle will wilt and the big test will come the following week against the flea ridden dogs.

A team as bad as the Panthers made a mockery of our defence. Unless there is a huge improvement from us, we are 0 chance.

A team as bad as the Panthers made a mockery of our defence. Unless there is a huge improvement from us, we are 0 chance.

It doesn't matter as long as our captain is having fun and still believes we will be in the finals then we are every chance

unBreak said:
I think my line-up would've been much better.

Possibly but let's be realistic for a second here.

A pairing of Oates/Drew is just asking for trouble. Drew put in a nice effort against the Dragons, but the longer the game wore on, the more he was exposed. You could shift the wingers over but I don't think it will make much of a difference.

Taking the captaincy off Thaiday is just an unnecessary distraction that will just create conflict. Seems like a change for the sake of making a change.

when is the NRL going to do something about the sharks? the bombers have no been disqual'd from the finals... surely it is coming for the sharks? 9th will make the finals...

not that i think thats good. we dont really deserve to be there.

when is the NRL going to do something about the sharks? the bombers have no been disqual'd from the finals... surely it is coming for the sharks? 9th will make the finals...

not that i think thats good. we dont really deserve to be there.

All pretty irrelevant, don't u think? Do u honestly think we will win our two remaining games? Not from some of the footage I've seen. I will happy just to avoid the bottom four.

All pretty irrelevant, don't u think? Do u honestly think we will win our two remaining games? Not from some of the footage I've seen. I will happy just to avoid the bottom four.

haha yeah same.

haha yeah same.

Hope I am wrong though, we have been waiting all year for that one truly legendary Broncos performance. Sadly we will probably have to wait till next year when I anticipate there will be many.

Possibly but let's be realistic for a second here.

A pairing of Oates/Drew is just asking for trouble. Drew put in a nice effort against the Dragons, but the longer the game wore on, the more he was exposed. You could shift the wingers over but I don't think it will make much of a difference.

Taking the captaincy off Thaiday is just an unnecessary distraction that will just create conflict. Seems like a change for the sake of making a change.

We could've done Reed with Drew and Oates with Kahu, as you said, Drew probably needs an experienced centre inside him with good defense, and do you honestly believe Thaiday has earned the role as captain in the side? I think he's barely been in our best 13 this year, he's had a couple of good games around origin time but apart from that he's been slow, lazy and completely useless, giving away far too many penalties, always making timely errors, always whinging to the referees about stupid shit.. at least Corey Parker has a good footballing brain and is always consistently in our top 3 best players every week.. I don't know what's left for Thaiday, I think Gillett and Glenn have both outplayed him this year in the #11 and #12, and that's saying something because Glenn has been atrocious.

unbreaK said:
We could've done Reed with Drew and Oates with Kahu, as you said, Drew probably needs an experienced centre inside him with good defense,

Brisbane needs Drew to develop as a footballer before they can really rely on him to do a job in first grade.

Glenn is more reliable at this stage in the centres than Oates too.

I don't mind the idea and if you check my team you can see that we had the same principles - just different parts.

unbreaK said:
and do you honestly believe Thaiday has earned the role as captain in the side?

No, but nobody had.

The whole captaincy selection at this stage is purely cosmetic. To make that sort of move at this stage of the season is only looking to create drama.

I disagree with your opinion on Thaiday & especially Glenn.

I shudder at the thought of giving Uate and McManus an open corridor along the sideline

Warriors and Broncos fans will be cheering both clubs on this weekend , and peculiarity of the ladder.

Neither club really deserves a run in the finals however next year hopefully will be very different with your mob lining Barba up against Sam Tomkins.....well I hope so anyway....Warriors V broncos games are electric on a good day and those names would make for an even more interesting experience.

Back on topic , with Snowden missing this game is gettable by your men , I don't know why the Broncs are hit and miss these days but when that pack fires it's something to see....just all too infrequent.

Most over here are very interested to see the rumors about a rejigged Broncs spine next year......hope you get the Club back to what it was , makes the comp better.

Snowden missed the last game against us a few weeks ago too. As did Mason.

Back then we had Hodges and Hunt had the best 40 minutes of footy in his life.

It'll be pretty damn difficult.

Kahu out Maranta in for tomorrow nights game according to Peter Psaltis

Active Now

• Lurker
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.